Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iRacing goodness!

+6
Sorta05
Josh on ze bass
Remaggib
Avanti 63r1025
StalkerStang
TuxTshirt
10 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

iRacing goodness! - Page 4 Empty Re: iRacing goodness!

Post  Remaggib Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:23 pm

The what now? lol I'm going to have to look into that, thought it was a mod.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:38 pm

Remaggib wrote:Speaking of Tux, hey Tux, I saw you in a race last night (Friday, 10pm EST) and decided to spectate. I got in right as the green flag dropped. Interesting lap 1 hey? Nice avoiding you did. I then noticed I could hop in my car and try to keep pace with you in ghost mode. So I did. The first few laps I closed in on you then the last 3 I ran I started to lose you. But that was a neat function I didn't know I could do!

Yeah, I've got some down time with the Mustang Challenge right now. I'm trying to only run one race each week to stay honest. So I jumped in a Rookie Class race of MX5s. And....yeah, lap one was pretty interesting. It sucks the steward slowed me down after an off-track avoidance manuever. It was either drive off in the grass, or T-bone the guy in front of me. The ghost function is very cool. I started getting a tick quicker the more I ran but I saw your lap times. You're pretty much right with me at Okayama short.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:43 am

Push tab when in race and it gives you a bar up top and split times like in Forza letting you know how fast you are in comparison to your previous laps. Very useful. I'm assuming that's what you were confused about.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:58 pm

I'm blaming the iracing bug on tux... just blew way to much money on updating my system so I can have triple screens at good fps. I was hitting 30 fps with only 16 players on the screen. I guess 4 years is pushing it for a gaming system.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:44 pm

Hahaha! What all did you order Sorta? It's funny you're saying this, I just got to the bottom of an issue I was having but it wasn't hardware, it was a Windows OS setting. Let me know what hardware you got, my system is working like a champ now!

And by the way, that was a fun practice we had going there the other night. Street Stocks at Charlotte is a blast.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:30 pm

Congrats Sorta! I'd love a 3 screen setup but my wife won't let me do it. I did get a 32" tv though, so once I get used to the slight color difference I should be better off. I think I saw you the other night at Oxford Street Stock practice, number 69? Might have been you, don't know 100% though.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:44 pm

current system is:

Q6600 OC'd to 3.1 GHz
4 gb ddr2 at 1066
750i nvidia MSI motherboard (pQ7 somthing or other)
6850 Sapphire OC'd to 850 mghz core and 1120 ram
600 psu

I just ordered an i5 3570, gagabyte Z77 mobo and 8 gb of ram. I'll keep everything else trying to do the upgrade on the cheap.

I posted up on the hardware forum asking if it was my gpu or cpu that was the lim fact. Had like 4 reply's three of which said cpu... so that's what I"m going with. hopefully it's not all for not.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:30 pm

I had a bottleneck in my system that wasn't my hardware. Windows was only running one of my four cores. Early in my build I got bad RAM that was screwing up all kinds of stuff. I think somehow in my frustration and diagnosis the setting got changed somehow. Either way, your hardware should do fine. I'm running a quad core AMD Phenon II that I'm not even overclocking and I'm seeing over 130fps most everywhere. Your GPU should be good. How much GPU RAM does it have. I'm running a 6950 with 2GB and it's a beast.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:54 pm

Just a little eye candy for you guys.

TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRJqK_Miy_w
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:12 pm

Tux are you saying my original hardware should be enough? I've heard of that problem with the core's before. In fact I saw it at our computers at work. They were supposed to be dual core but unless a technician with the admin password came buy and turned it on the default was single core operation. And I should mention all 4 of my cores show active when you go into the ctr alt del menu (task manager). I only have 1gb on the GPU, but the game says it's only using half of that.

Oh and Rem that was me. I jumped into one of your practice sessions for bit.

Yeah tux that was a fun run at Charlotte. I didn't realize it was you at first. I'm so ready to get out of the rookie races. The last 2 races I"ve been in the top 3 and gotten wrecked out from behind... ok one was probably my fault for coming down onto the guy after he stuck his nose down low. So I"ve found out the hard way that the spotter doesn't' always call it when someone is under you.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:30 pm

Sorta05 wrote:Tux are you saying my original hardware should be enough? I've heard of that problem with the core's before. In fact I saw it at our computers at work. They were supposed to be dual core but unless a technician with the admin password came buy and turned it on the default was single core operation. And I should mention all 4 of my cores show active when you go into the ctr alt del menu (task manager). I only have 1gb on the GPU, but the game says it's only using half of that.

Oh and Rem that was me. I jumped into one of your practice sessions for bit.

Yeah tux that was a fun run at Charlotte. I didn't realize it was you at first. I'm so ready to get out of the rookie races. The last 2 races I"ve been in the top 3 and gotten wrecked out from behind... ok one was probably my fault for coming down onto the guy after he stuck his nose down low. So I"ve found out the hard way that the spotter doesn't' always call it when someone is under you.

I'm saying it sounds like you'll be good to go after the upgrade. I was just mentioning my issue because I knew my hardware was good, but had a performance issue. 1GB on your GPU should be enough. As you said, just keep the slider at or slightly below your GPU's capacity.

Yeah, on oval tracks, your spotter won't call it until the car is just there. You almost have to anticipate someone sticking their nose in, or be sure to keep your car in their way. All in all, I would say the spotter is fantastic though. Very helpful and accurate. You just have to be on your toes.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:16 am

Copy.

Yeah it is helpful, and probably realistic... hard for a spotter to call something that close.

So I've read all the guidelines I can find on the safety rating thing and I still don't understand how the promotion and licensing work. Whats the threshold for getting promoted and when do they promote?
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:29 am

There are minimum requirements, SR and number of races. You have to have a 3.0 or higher SR to get promoted, can't remember how often promotions happen though. Thought it was at the end of a 12 week season. Unless you hit 4.0 or 4.5 or 5.0 or something. Then instant promotion. You also have to compete in a minimum number of official races (not hosted races by other people). What I did to get out of rookie class, was just run real conservative at the rear of the field. Start slow, let people wreck, then after the first couple laps run hard but not too hard. Your iRating takes a hit (which you'll only see after promotion) from finishing lower down, but it gets you out of rookie class.

The other night you were in my practice session I was actually right behind you for a number of laps, which was cool. I'd gain a hair, and you'd pull on me. I haven't been at Oxford since I was a D license running the late model cars on the old tire model. So, a couple years lol. Oxford was my beating grounds though, all the oval wins were from my late model at Oxford. The street stocks are fun there, a little harder to control.

I actually have 2 video cards, each with 1gb RAM, running in SLI now. I thought I had a 512 card, so I bought a used card from someone to upgrade to a 1gb. Then I find out I have a 1gb in my computer, so I did SLI and went from there. Reason I thought I had a 512 card? That's what I was looking at, and bought, and either I upgraded at the very last second, or they sent me the wrong one and I never caught it lol. But for some odd reason I'm only getting 28fps or so when in a crowded field. Of course, I'm running a dual core not a quad, and have I think 6gb RAM on the motherboard. I need to upgrade, a good setup would cost me $205 shipped but I just got a tv for a monitor so my wife won't let me lol. It runs smooth enough for now, until I upgrade. Which will be soon, somehow, hopefully.

Also, the spotter, while not always great (imagine hearing car stopped up high, go high, go high), is still leaps and bounds better than Forza's spotter system.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:22 pm

To add to what Rem said: Rookie promotions are at the end of every month. All other promotions occur at the end of each 12-week season. Also, as Rem said, if you get your SR above 4.0 you will see immediate promotion. Your number of races and/or time trials counts toward your Minimum Participation Requirement(MPR) as long as they're within your current class.

Sorta, on the iRacing dashboard, look up at your name and helmet (top right of screen). Mouse over the MPR icon. A box will appear telling you if you're ready for promotion. Then, check the calendar to see when promotion events take place. If you meet your MPR before the promotion date, you will be promoted on that date. Otherwise you need to bring your SR above 4.0. Also note, you can be demoted. You need to be below 2.0 or 1.5. I have to check again. This is to ensure that safer drivers get to run with safer drivers.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:28 am

Well I tried hanging back and I've tried racing out front... it doesn't seem to matter... I constantly get taken out by some @hole that decides to run a race without practicing or something else retarded. Seriously I've run like 5 races in a row now and I have basically been wrecked out of all of them. I think I'm just going to wait for the next promotion date for oval racing and concentrate on the road stuff. Tux any ideas how to make the spec racer less oversteery?
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:40 am

Only luck I've had with it is to drop rear pressures down and try turning a few laps. If I can do that, I check temps, and adjust camber to try to get a little more even heating.

I've noticed this though, if you somewhat load the rears (accelerate) it isn't as bad, but it's VERY ass happy. If I lift a bit to make a turn, it goes around. If I tap the brakes then get back on the gas about 50% it seems way more stable. Also, give it a couple laps before the tires warm up. It took me about 2 to 2.5 laps around Laguna Seca before it felt like they were warm.

But Tux might have more insight, he's a better driver than me, I just have (in some cases (no idea how)) better lap times sometimes.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:38 am

Sorta05 wrote:Well I tried hanging back and I've tried racing out front... it doesn't seem to matter... I constantly get taken out by some @hole that decides to run a race without practicing or something else retarded. Seriously I've run like 5 races in a row now and I have basically been wrecked out of all of them. I think I'm just going to wait for the next promotion date for oval racing and concentrate on the road stuff. Tux any ideas how to make the spec racer less oversteery?

Did you try starting from the pits yet? If not, do it....do it. Then, don't worry about your finishing position. You can finish dead last with no incidents and your SR will go up. Just to get out of Rookie class.

On to the spec racer. The SRF is a mid-engined car as I'm sure you know. If you overcook any corner, expect to turn it. All that weight wants to be first, ahead of the front wheels. Knowing this, you can be aggressive on the brakes, just make sure you do it in a straight line. Get the car slowed down before the corners and use maintenance throttle to keep it planted. It's almost impossible to spin the SRF if you're on the gas. If it starts to rotate too much, give it a healthy amount of throttle. Start slow in the SRF. In any rookie class race, you will finish high up if you can be consistant and not spin. All other SRF drivers are dealing with the same issues you are, and they're probably not as patient. Be patient and understand why it spins, it's not a setup issue, it's a vehicle issue. You can help a bit with lower rear pressures(more progressive slip).
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:36 pm

Yeah I tried starting from the back (sts). Still got wrecked out while trying to pass the retards in back. I'm just gonna stop until I get promoted and work on the road course stuff instead.

I'll give that a try... thing handles like a porsche and my driving style is gas off through the turn (not correct i know) so it's going to take a lot of learning to drive the thing. Hopefully it will pay off and I"ll be faster!
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:47 am

I've gotten better with the spec racer but I'm still about 4 seconds off the pace and I'm lucky to get 2 laps in a row without spinning.

On another note I will never complain about the cost of Forza DLC ever again... I bought all the stuff to do the mustang series and the SS monte to go faster on the ovals but I'm officially broke, between this, xmas and having to buy injectors for my durucrap Mad
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:04 am

I saw that. You're not 4 seconds off the pace in your class. If you can run 45s in D class you should be top 5. Nice work. Keep at it.

I also meant to say. Because you missed the oval rookie promotion, you don't have to wait until the end of the month if you get it above 4.0. Dude, I'm telling you, start in the pits, and avoid everything. Even if you have to finish last. You'll be D class in 4-5 quick races. Maybe even sooner. Then again, you just leveled up in road so I'm sure you'll be busy with that. I leveled up in oval and want to do the ARCA cars but I'm waiting until I have some money to do it. My bday is coming up so I'll ask for some gift cards. I think you'll like that Mustang, you won't regret it, it's a great series.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:52 am

Yeah just drove the mustang very fun car! looking forward to running that. I also got the monte SS which as far as I could tell is the next up from the street stock cars. I just ran a couple laps at daytona, charlotte, and usa... much much faster car. Charlotte seems like a very small track now. I think about 5 seconds faster at Charlotte (high 31's without tuning).
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:45 pm

Sorta, I almost forgot, you didn't have to buy all of the tracks for the Mustang series. You won't see the first five again until next season. It's no biggy, cause you'll use them anyway in some way, but if you want to cut costs next time, just see how far into the season you are before purchasing every track.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:33 pm

3 is usually the most I buy at any given time because at 3 you get a discount. Though lately I've looked at it as if I don't have the track, and get it, I'll do poorly by the week's end in any given race, so I'll just wait.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:13 pm

iRacing goodness! - Page 4 21cs0eq

Finally got to race with Sorta tonight. We were in front, we were near the back, but we duked it out a few times. It felt good being able to race someone I know, I knew I could lean on him a bit until I made myself screw up lol. The pic above is from a lap 9 pass I made on him, a lap or two before my car felt like it lost all grip and I had to let him by.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next