Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh the Irony, Sim, Squid, Mopar history buff you may enjoy this...

3 posters

Go down

Oh the Irony, Sim, Squid, Mopar history buff you may enjoy this... Empty Oh the Irony, Sim, Squid, Mopar history buff you may enjoy this...

Post  Sorta05 Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:35 pm

So, I started my summer Internship in late May at a company called DRS Technologies in Huntsville AL.  The companies been around for a while, and is a big 2nd tier defense contractor with branches all over the country.  The Huntsville branch specializes in test sets for tracked vehicles (abrams, Bradley, etc).  I didn't know that until I got here.  And, this interesting bit I learned from our senior mechanical engineer;  The Huntsville branch wasn't always a part of DRS.  They got bought out some years ago.  Before they were DRS they were called PEI.  If your a hard core mopar buff you should probably know what that means... 

Given up yet? PEI stands for Pentastar Electronics Incorporated. They were a division of Chrysler that supported the M1 tank (abrams).  Something I also didn't know, Chrysler designed and built the M1 tank.  There are still a few remnant things marked with property of PEI.  And that same senior ME used to work on the new Jeep Grand Cherokee.   

Just thought y'all might find it interesting, and ironic that I'm working for what was once Chrysler!

Sorta
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Oh the Irony, Sim, Squid, Mopar history buff you may enjoy this... Empty Re: Oh the Irony, Sim, Squid, Mopar history buff you may enjoy this...

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:18 pm

That's cool!  I also believe PEI was responsible for the DRBIII which is, arguably, one of the best factory scan tools ever built.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Oh the Irony, Sim, Squid, Mopar history buff you may enjoy this... Empty Re: Oh the Irony, Sim, Squid, Mopar history buff you may enjoy this...

Post  Simcik Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:51 pm

Huntsville is well-known in Mopar land. Many advanced electronic systems came from there, and not just for cars (PEI was formed to support Chrysler's space/defense programs).

http://www.allpar.com/corporate/factories/huntsville.html

http://www.allpar.com/corporate/factories/huntsville-automotive.html

They did a lot with ECMs, OBD systems, sound systems, and other digital information systems - especially in the late 80s and through the 90s.

Also, mucho jealouso of your Chrysler-related position. Best of luck with it!
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down