Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iRacing goodness!

+6
Sorta05
Josh on ze bass
Remaggib
Avanti 63r1025
StalkerStang
TuxTshirt
10 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

iRacing goodness! - Page 5 Empty Re: iRacing goodness!

Post  Sorta05 Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:24 pm

Great Race Rem! Definitely need to do it again!
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:24 am

Found a ton of good links on the iracing forums tonight if y'all haven't already read them:

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1354827.page
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:43 am

Sorta, looks like you joined the 9:30 race (my time at least) last night. I joined the 9:00 race. Was hoping to see you in the one I was in, oh well. Would have been fun racing side by side in the SRF on the same track as previously pictured! I'm hoping to run tonight also at Charlotte Infield, maybe I'll see you there? By the way, you had a cookin' lap in practice from what I saw, and did something happen at the start of your race last night? I can only imagine you got tangled up at the start, or slowed somehow, I know I almost did. Too bad I didn't save the replay, I went from 7th to 2nd by the first turn lmao... Just got a great launch at the start.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  iiDangerCloseBK Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:29 pm

I'm getting iRacing for my birthday next month. I'll play with you.
iiDangerCloseBK
iiDangerCloseBK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:45 pm

Remaggib wrote:Sorta, looks like you joined the 9:30 race (my time at least) last night. I joined the 9:00 race. Was hoping to see you in the one I was in, oh well. Would have been fun racing side by side in the SRF on the same track as previously pictured! I'm hoping to run tonight also at Charlotte Infield, maybe I'll see you there? By the way, you had a cookin' lap in practice from what I saw, and did something happen at the start of your race last night? I can only imagine you got tangled up at the start, or slowed somehow, I know I almost did. Too bad I didn't save the replay, I went from 7th to 2nd by the first turn lmao... Just got a great launch at the start.

Yeah I saw you were in the race a couple of minutes to late and did the one after yours. I'm not gonna be on tonight, not sure when I'll be on next cause I'm working on grad school apps (they are coming due soon so I gotta get moving on it). Yeah I had never done a standing start before and put the car in gear thinking it was like forza and of course the car went forward and I got black flagged. I went from last to ninth so I was happy with that.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:47 am

iiDangerCloseBK wrote:I'm getting iRacing for my birthday next month. I'll play with you.

I'm sure between myself, Sorta, and Tux that one of us would be happy to be your referral if you don't already have one!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:20 am

Tux, can't figure out how to get back to iRacing's PM area, but tonight's push drafting was slick. I'm a better pusher I think than a leader, I've pushed a car for 16 or 17 straight laps during a race before the yellow came out, then another set of laps after that. I can breathe my car on the back straight usually, and keep it out of the red, or at least bring it back out of the red for a bit. I enjoyed the drafting, hope to do it again soon!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:37 am

Remaggib wrote:Tux, can't figure out how to get back to iRacing's PM area, but tonight's push drafting was slick. I'm a better pusher I think than a leader, I've pushed a car for 16 or 17 straight laps during a race before the yellow came out, then another set of laps after that. I can breathe my car on the back straight usually, and keep it out of the red, or at least bring it back out of the red for a bit. I enjoyed the drafting, hope to do it again soon!

Yeah man, it was great. It's good practice to do both. With you in the lead, the only thing I would have changed is you running so close to the yellow line in the trioval. It's very bumpy down there and the more natural line is to track out of 2 and 4 about 1.5 lanes. Obviously you can't do that in a pack but it's very smooth in clean air. Notice we were top 4. So we were some of the fastest and had no incidents. Job well done.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:25 am

Squuuuuuuuuid! You didn't act fast enough and now Tux has a new bumper buddy Shocked affraid I love you
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:34 pm

Yeah baby, THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

iRacing goodness! - Page 5 Iy1tgm

First win in the Spec Racer Ford, and it was a domination. Started 2nd place, tailgated the leader the first lap, got alongside him on the 2nd lap, he gave me the position going into a turn, and I carried the lead the rest of the race. Don't know if it helped me or not, but I recorded the last 7 hours of the Rolex race and just watched a bunch (still 3.5 hours to go, don't tell me what happens please) and when I got to iRacing, I didn't treat the SRF like I usually do, I treated it like a DP car from Rolex lol... And wouldn't you know it, the damned thing stuck to the asphalt like it was glued down. Until the last lap half way through, when all of a sudden it was like I was on ice. Had to kick the speed down a notch and let the tires cool but damn I'm impressed with it. Now, if only the race Thursday could go like that lol
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:36 pm

Nice win Rem!
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:44 pm

Great job Rem! I was watching you a little bit. You checked out and never looked back. Nice work.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:53 pm

Savannah keeps wanting to buy me a new computer - think I may tell her that's what I want for my birthday this year.

A gaming computer.

Yeah - watch out iRacing, or SimRaceway, or Project Cars, or Janes USAF... or Trainz Railroad Simulator '12. (Trains are a guilty pleasure for me.)
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:41 pm

TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 am

Can't wait!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:29 am

Hey guys, just a heads up, I'm toying with the idea of running my own series in iRacing. I still need to do some homework, but I just want to put together a great series that, I feel, many will enjoy. The idea is a NASCAR B series that runs on ovals and road courses, just like the real Nationwide Series. I haven't worked out all of the details yet, but when I'm ready, I'll let you know. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Sim, maybe we can use this site as a hub for that series? I don't know.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:36 am

TuxTshirt wrote:Hey guys, just a heads up, I'm toying with the idea of running my own series in iRacing. I still need to do some homework, but I just want to put together a great series that, I feel, many will enjoy. The idea is a NASCAR B series that runs on ovals and road courses, just like the real Nationwide Series. I haven't worked out all of the details yet, but when I'm ready, I'll let you know. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

I don't see a problem with that - when you're ready, let me know.

Just realize you might raise a few eyebrows by hosting an iRacing series under the Forza banner. Wonder if Turn10 will get the hint??? Haha.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:49 am

Simcik wrote:
TuxTshirt wrote:Hey guys, just a heads up, I'm toying with the idea of running my own series in iRacing. I still need to do some homework, but I just want to put together a great series that, I feel, many will enjoy. The idea is a NASCAR B series that runs on ovals and road courses, just like the real Nationwide Series. I haven't worked out all of the details yet, but when I'm ready, I'll let you know. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

I don't see a problem with that - when you're ready, let me know.

Just realize you might raise a few eyebrows by hosting an iRacing series under the Forza banner. Wonder if Turn10 will get the hint??? Haha.

We'll see. I have to see how good iRacing's League pages are once I start one. I would certainly preface with alerts that it's a Forza based page.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:59 am

True, but I can give you your own sub-forum like I did for Rolex, so once you're inside the iRacing section, you could keep it very focused.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:21 am

Cool, thanks. It may be awhile yet before I'm ready to pull the trigger, but my gears are starting to turn.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:38 am

Well Tux, as always, can I snag your setups? cheers
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:11 am

Remaggib wrote:Well Tux, as always, can I snag your setups? cheers

Of course. But I haven't even begun to start changing stock car setups yet. I've been running fixed series thus far to hone my iRacing driving skills. Fear not, I will focus on setups in the near future. I just started doing some homework. You'll be the first to know when I hit on something.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:44 pm

That's what I've been doing too. Heck, I used one of the 2 iRacing default setups for the 500 I ran. Just added tape.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:57 pm

I'm still slowly buying parts for my gaming (racing) rig. Life as always slows the process down, but it's all for righteous reasons.
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:40 pm

I wish I had the funds now to join you guys in iRacing or Smus in Gran Turismo 5. Forza Motorsport 9/16×2π (that's the current one) just doesn't tickle my funny bone anymore.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next