Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iRacing goodness!

+6
Sorta05
Josh on ze bass
Remaggib
Avanti 63r1025
StalkerStang
TuxTshirt
10 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

iRacing goodness! - Page 9 Empty Re: iRacing goodness!

Post  Simcik Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:40 am

Well, I guess if I ever upgrade, I need to get one with a belt. Can't have you guys bitching at me about my miter box...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:32 am

hall la freaking lu ya. That took a whole lot longer than I thought it would take. I never had to dodge so many Brazillians in my life. Razz

iRacing goodness! - Page 9 Finall10
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:53 pm

Hahaha! No worries, the higher up you get, the less Brazilians there are.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:43 am

Don't worry Josh, you're going to pass me soon just like everybody else has lol... Especially after my dismal race the other day in the Solstice that kept spinning out Evil or Very Mad
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:33 pm

blargh!! I hate that solstice. It's way over steery... I dun saw you in the championship points top 20 for the Touring Cup series.. so yeahhh. I'll get there soon enough.

HAVE YOU GUYS tried the Skip Barber car yet? It's going to be the death of me. Can't wait til I maybe get good at it.
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:05 pm

Haven't tried it yet, can't afford it. Right now there is some insecurity with the wife's job and spending has been cut back to nothing. So that can crusher that I'm making out of an old washing machine motor will have to be made out of whatever I have laying around the garage.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:44 pm

Josh on ze bass wrote:blargh!! I hate that solstice. It's way over steery... I dun saw you in the championship points top 20 for the Touring Cup series.. so yeahhh. I'll get there soon enough.

HAVE YOU GUYS tried the Skip Barber car yet? It's going to be the death of me. Can't wait til I maybe get good at it.

No, but if it's anything like the Spec Racer Ford, it will have lift-off oversteer and will severely punish you for carrying too much speed into the corner.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:50 pm

TuxTshirt wrote:
Josh on ze bass wrote:blargh!! I hate that solstice. It's way over steery... I dun saw you in the championship points top 20 for the Touring Cup series.. so yeahhh. I'll get there soon enough.

No, but if it's anything like the Spec Racer Ford, it will have lift-off oversteer and will severely punish you for carrying too much speed into the corner.

Worse. I've read some Skip Barber forums about it, they say if you haven't gone about doing the Spec Racer, do that first. The skip barber version is just an overkill of the spec racer. ....sooooooooo I've stepped back into the spec racer and giving that a go for a few weeks Smile
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:52 pm

I should get back into the SRF, but I'm liking the fixed setup races because then I'm only getting beat by better racers, not better setups. I can't set a car up to save my life.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:07 pm

Remaggib wrote:I should get back into the SRF, but I'm liking the fixed setup races because then I'm only getting beat by better racers, not better setups. I can't set a car up to save my life.
  For setups, I've noticed you can find some good starting ones on any of the forums regarding which series you're in. Smile
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:21 pm

The problem still remains that if it's not perfect for me I'm just going to screw it up. I gotta learn how to set stuff up. For the most part I understand what stuff does, but to actually put it into practice is entirely different.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:25 pm

Remaggib wrote:The problem still remains that if it's not perfect for me I'm just going to screw it up. I gotta learn how to set stuff up. For the most part I understand what stuff does, but to actually put it into practice is entirely different.

I'm in the same boat as far as our skill towards that.  But hey, that's what I got iRacing for, I'd like to learn Smile

Hope to see ya on the track soon
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:00 pm

Just had an awesome race at RA:  Someone was asking how competitive the Ford GT was (Tux maybe?).  Well here you go:

iRacing goodness! - Page 9 Gt40_r11iRacing goodness! - Page 9 Gt40_r10

That all played out on the last couple of laps.  I finished 3rd the leaders checked out as per the norm.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:31 pm

Heck yeah Sorta!  I was watching you a little bit before I qualified for the Truck Series.  It seemed everyone knew how to navigate through the field too.  You were looking really good there!
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:33 am

Thanks Tux!

I watched your race last night, great run Tux!  You were challenger the leader for a bit.  I jumped in as crew but didn't mess with anything since I wasn't sure what you wanted and how your truck was handling.  I felt like part of the reason he pulled away from you after the last caution was cause your truck got topped off with fuel that last pit stop.  I'm not as familiar with the trucks but in the indy cars 5 gallons can mean a tenth a lap.   

So next time if I jump in you want me to get on the mic and do crew stuff for you?  Granted I've only watched you race a couple of times so this probably won't happen much but just in case for next time.  I would spot for you but I feel like with the limited camera options the computer spotter does a better job then I ever could.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Gotta say, if I get the job I want (got my 3rd interview with them Monday), or one of the other 2 that are considering me (possibly gonna get 3 offers, but I have a front-runner I'm pulling for...) I may just go ahead and get a gaming PC. The more I learn about XBO, the more I am concerned it will not be worth it for me. I love Forza, and FM5 looks good, but damn - there's so much that seems like a negative with the console itself... Anyway, point is, I hope to be racing with you guys later this year. Now if iRacing would just get more Mopars...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:13 pm

Sim,

Good luck on your interviews!  

The car type in iracing is mainly irrelevant at this point.  The only time different brands are competing in the same class is with the 6th gen nascar's (ford and chevy).  Otherwise you only compete with cars of the same type (make, year, model, etc).  Hopefully they will add GT cars that compete in the same class but as of yet they only have the GT1 C6 vette, GT2 Ford GT and the mclaren (not sure what class it race's in).
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:18 pm

Aww, I thought your GTs were competing directly with the C6Rs... That kinda stinks. Although I'd probably spend most of my time in the NASCAR-type races if I join up...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:54 pm

Yeah, good luck Sim!  I certainly hope to see you on iRacing soon!
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:18 pm

ohhh man!  I never thought I'd see the day of Simcik getting in on the action.  I too hope to see you on the there soon.  

iRacing goodness! - Page 9 Tumblr_mo57u993Iy1r5q2o3o1_400
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:39 pm

Well, got my first official offer today! It is not the position I want the most, but I expect an offer from them soon too. And I've got another interview tomorrow with the third contender. So, yeah, exciting times!!!

I gotta decide if I want to move or stay where I'm at I guess... Though I wouldn't have to move far if I do move...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:31 pm

Sim, or anyone else that might be interested: 

I have a gaming computer for sale.  It's something me and my brother put together from some spare parts.  The case/power supply and hard drive are new.  It will run iracing with one screen no problem.  However if you want to run 3 screens this CPU doesn't have the hp. 

http://macon.craigslist.org/sys/3873606410.html

And congrats on the job offer Sim, hope you get the one you want!
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:03 pm

Who's down for a planned short track race on iRacing in the near future?   I'm thinking something like New Smyrna Speedway  w/ Late models.   100 lap race.   cautions on. double file. the whole caboodle. 

any thoughts?
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:03 pm

If I have the track it sounds like fun!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:51 pm

Yeah has to be a track I have.  My schedule is pretty hectic right now so I don't always know when I will be on.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next