Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iRacing goodness!

+6
Sorta05
Josh on ze bass
Remaggib
Avanti 63r1025
StalkerStang
TuxTshirt
10 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

iRacing goodness! - Page 3 Empty Re: iRacing goodness!

Post  Sorta05 Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:09 am

I gotcha Tux. I'm saying I"ve seen a counter where it indicates they are repairing the car. It would be nice for some consistency.

I've seen you on several times, but it won't let me im you via the web site. I've also found out they charge you if you host your own session. So forza +1 there. However it is awesome to be able to jump into a race every hour throughout the day.

Oh I was going to ask you, any reason why you skipped over the spec miata stuff and went straight into the mustang?
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:54 pm

They do charge you for hosted sessions but it's dirt cheap and only the host pays. I think it's like $1 for 2 hours or something. And you can have more than 16 racers join.

The reason I'm running Mustang is that it's a D class road racing series. The Mazda is Rookie. If I want to level up, my minimum participation requirement(MPR), says I must run D class races. I like the track selection in the Mustang series too. It's just a stepping stone until I can start running the DP, V8 supercars, and C6Rs. I am tempted to try out the Skip Barber car too. Open wheel would be fun, but I gravitate to cars with fenders. I also tend to keep leveling up in Oval, though I'm behind my Road license. Congrats on the win by the way! That's a fun track!
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:05 am

That's still more then free but I guess if it works better then lag box live then it might be worth the dollar.

Thanks Tux I got lucky to say the least. Just ran a miata race and started out front just to be wrecked out by as @ss on the 2nd lap... I guess that's racing for every win there is a dnf.

Did you start off with the miata and then move to the mustang to level up to D? It's been slow going leveling up for me. Oh and congrats to you looks like your sim career is off to an awesome start!!!
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:46 am

iRacing Grand Touring Cup MCR

Multi car racing, being multi class. Miata, Solstice, and Jetta TDI are the classes. I'm D license and can run the Miata and it has a = so it's D class for that series at least. It's interesting running around in a Miata battling other cars, if I were a little better I'd be able to give some of them a real run for their money I think.

Last I looked it was $2 for a hosted session (race weekend) but you can have like 2 hours of practice, qualifying (solo or all cars on track), warmup then race. And you can have the max amount of cars for that track (however many pit stalls there are) which usually seems to be 43 for some odd reason. There are some series's's's that charge something like a $3 entry fee to the series to offset / take care of the cost of hosting all the races. There are some that offer codes for iRacing credit for winning. What's usually best about those, is that if someone pulls a bonehead move during practice they're under the microscope. Pull something stupid during a race, chances are you're booted while the field goes yellow to restart.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:11 am

Sorta05 wrote:That's still more then free but I guess if it works better then lag box live then it might be worth the dollar.

Thanks Tux I got lucky to say the least. Just ran a miata race and started out front just to be wrecked out by as @ss on the 2nd lap... I guess that's racing for every win there is a dnf.

Did you start off with the miata and then move to the mustang to level up to D? It's been slow going leveling up for me. Oh and congrats to you looks like your sim career is off to an awesome start!!!

I started in the Spec Racer Ford. I was eligible for promotion after 2 races because my safety rating increased so rapidly. You only need 2 races in Rookie class and a SR above 3.0. In D, you need at least 4 races and a SR above 3.0.

Thanks, I've been trying to level up, and I race very clean.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:44 pm

I don't see how you had a clean race two times in the row... I'm 2/4 for getting wrecked by some @hole. oh well it is what it is.

Here's what I've been talking about. This time I got called in for a stop and go penalty (speeding I think) and the guy won't let me go, no count down or count up. The only way to get out of this is to get out of the car and back in.

[img]iRacing goodness! - Page 3 Img_2012[/img]

and with that I think I've kicked the horse enough... sorry.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:24 pm

According to the upper left corner of the screen, yes, you were speeding. No idea on why it's not letting you go...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:46 am

Sorta, was that during a private practice?
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:02 am

Maybe... lol I don't remember now. One of those practice modes they don't flag you for doing stuff.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:06 am

I had that happen to me during a practice session once. I believe that's a bug. I've never seen it in a race though and I have been black flagged in a race.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:37 am

I just picked up the Cup car and ran an exhibition at Daytona. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! It was awesome. I feel somehow like I'm used to bump drafting. Laughing Anyway, worked my way up to third before getting dumped. It was a blast though. This car sounds INSANE!!
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:18 am

Squid, I couldn't talk, but there ARE braking lines in iRacing, just so you know Cool

Last edited by Remaggib on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:10 pm

If iRacing is so awesome and more realistic, how come it doesn't have movable cones???
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Well, to quote the old phrase, "You can't race out there".
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:53 pm

And I'll just throw this out there for Squid and Simcik and anyone else, if you're near Wisconsin, let me know. I'll give you my address and you can come try iRacing. It might not be the best, but it's sure helped me on Forza it seems. Hopefully that continues for the next series!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:18 pm

iRacing helping you for Forza. That's a real head slapper Razz
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Remaggib wrote:And I'll just throw this out there for Squid and Simcik and anyone else, if you're near Wisconsin, let me know. I'll give you my address and you can come try iRacing. It might not be the best, but it's sure helped me on Forza it seems. Hopefully that continues for the next series!

I'll be up that way near the end of May. I'm looking forward to some of that bacon explosion stuff...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Simcik wrote:
Remaggib wrote:And I'll just throw this out there for Squid and Simcik and anyone else, if you're near Wisconsin, let me know. I'll give you my address and you can come try iRacing. It might not be the best, but it's sure helped me on Forza it seems. Hopefully that continues for the next series!

I'll be up that way near the end of May. I'm looking forward to some of that bacon explosion stuff...

Hells yeah! Yeah, ask Avanti, I was putting a hurtin' on the folks that stayed for some road racing awesome after the ovals.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:44 pm

I can vouch. Rem. did very well after the races on Friday.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:22 pm

Sorta, Tux, did you guys see the 1 year price cut in half for Black Friday? $49 for a 1 year renewal, only through the 26th. If you haven't done so, consider it, that's a heck of a deal. $4 a month, yeah baby!

For those of you that don't care, that's cheaper than Live for a year, and way more reliable getting into races on Friday nights cheers
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:30 pm

And back on the XBLive front, they're offering 33% off for a renewal price of $39.99. My Gold membership just ran out last night at midnight so I renewed a moment ago.

I think that's why I have my XBLive membership set to expire near the Black Fri. weekend Very Happy
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Remaggib wrote:Sorta, Tux, did you guys see the 1 year price cut in half for Black Friday? $49 for a 1 year renewal, only through the 26th. If you haven't done so, consider it, that's a heck of a deal. $4 a month, yeah baby!

For those of you that don't care, that's cheaper than Live for a year, and way more reliable getting into races on Friday nights cheers

Saw it. Thanks Rem. I'm already good for two years as I signed up for the two-for-one deal. Saved $90.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Ditto, I did the same as Tux. If you keep a look out you can get the xbox live 1 year card for $35 or $36.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Speaking of Tux, hey Tux, I saw you in a race last night (Friday, 10pm EST) and decided to spectate. I got in right as the green flag dropped. Interesting lap 1 hey? Nice avoiding you did. I then noticed I could hop in my car and try to keep pace with you in ghost mode. So I did. The first few laps I closed in on you then the last 3 I ran I started to lose you. But that was a neat function I didn't know I could do!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Yeah they have some good video's on the web page showing how to do that kind of stuff. It certainly isn't intuitive that spectate means you can ghost race. I do wish they had ghost's like in forza, but the split time function using tab is very useful.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next