Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Gen Xbox

+6
Sorta05
Simcik
Remaggib
Ex US Squid
Avanti 63r1025
Smus
10 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Next Gen Xbox - Page 3 Empty Re: Next Gen Xbox

Post  StalkerStang Tue May 21, 2013 6:27 pm

Prejudice against Forza at all? Damn guys....

Game hasn't even come out yet and it already needs to be on the short-comings thread? Maybe you guys just need to get laid, because Forza is an awesome game, regardless of its "short-comings".

Nobody knows what to expect from FM5 yet, so chill the F out until the game is out and playable before you start bitching about it.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue May 21, 2013 6:52 pm

I wasn't bitching - just pointing out what was said. I'd rather see more racetracks than citys, though...

Let's hope some of our bigger suggestions made the cut (Fixing Aero???).
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue May 21, 2013 7:35 pm

Autoblog wrote:Forza Motorsport 5 will return to the more traditional simulation-style format of its forebears, as opposed to the open sandbox party world of the more recent Forza Horizon
I'd say the key phrase here is, "as opposed to … Forza Horizon." Sim, chill. Forza Motorsport 5 will be awesome. Horizon was a branch off Motorsport so Motorsport could become more realistic. We'll hear more about Motorsport 5 at E3.

Yes, I am disappointed in Forza 4's missing information though through it all it's been an awesome game. The 360's build tied Turn 10's hands. The One's build may tie their hands too, albeit more loosely. The XBox 360 has 500 million transistors and 512 MB of RAM whereas the XBox One has >5 billion transistors and 8 GB of RAM. XBox One also has an 8 core CPU and native 64-bit architecture. This means coders will be able to include more content and have more instructions execute per second. We're customers in a process that takes time as better technology becomes smaller, more powerful, and more affordable; have patience.

I'm not ready to stomp Forza 5's balls yet. I'm sure I will have some critiques once it's released but that's my desire to see the offerings in this genre improve and become more realistic, including the minute details. I don't have a Playstation 3 (and GT 5), though if I did, I'd be stomping their balls, too. I'd enjoy seeing a world where Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport have relatively few cons, compete with each other on equal ground, and where their respective teams have packed as much content into the program as they possibly can.

I want to push this notion through everybody's head right now. I am harsh on Forza Motorsport, not because I hate it. That's not true because I love what Forza Motorsport has done to the genre. I am harsh on Forza Motorsport because I want the crew at Turn 10 to strive to become better. Rather than praise them for what they've included (because hey, they've already put it in, why should I bring it up?), I bring up details / notions not included and then I cross my fingers that they're listening.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed May 22, 2013 2:02 am

Simcik wrote:Looks like it. They do say "more simulation" in the review, then they compare it to Horizon, so, yeah, not too excited...

Perhaps we should update our Forza Shortcomings thread?

Looks like a bit of fanboy preemptive assumptions and complaining to me. I completely agree with Stalker. Way too pessimistic. Possibly Aspergers Sydrome? It will be amazing but its a free economy so if those of you already hating on something you have yet to get any true information on dont want to then you are in your right to switch to Gran Turismo 6 that will be a PS3 developed title. Enjoy.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Wed May 22, 2013 3:52 am

Also folks, keep this in mind. While Microsoft announced Xbox One and Forza Motorsport 5 yesterday, they do want to keep a ton of information still under wraps. In terms of Forza 5 we've only seen a handful of scenic images, two cars built by McLaren, and we've heard John Hindhaugh's voice. Those few things can't wholly define the game. Let's wait until E3 when more information comes to light.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Wed May 22, 2013 1:09 pm

Jeez, y'all "need to chill."

Like I said, I'm not bitching! They said they're going to make it more simulation based, which I like, but then they referenced Horizon, which isn't very simulation based at all. In the words of Smus - "oh, possible trickery!"

The reference to our thread was simply meant that we get it active again, so that it isn't hidden due to lack of interest and if anyone happens to read it between now and release time, they may be able to throw in a few more of our wishes.

Calm down, please... You are all blowing this out of context.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Wed May 22, 2013 1:58 pm

Isn't it "taking it out of context," and "blowing this out of proportion?" Cool
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Wed May 22, 2013 2:12 pm

TuxTshirt wrote:Isn't it "taking it out of context," and "blowing this out of proportion?" Cool

You'll have to excuse me, my brain is fried... But yeah, that's probably what I meant. Smile
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Wed May 22, 2013 4:33 pm

Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  OLDFenderBender Wed May 22, 2013 9:57 pm

...sooooo, does this have TV with sports and COD?
OLDFenderBender
OLDFenderBender

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Wed May 22, 2013 10:20 pm

I was just wondering if it would do video games.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Wed May 22, 2013 11:55 pm

Remaggib wrote:I was just wondering if it would do video games.

Looks like it'll do that too.

I'm just extremely excited to see the next gen console come out. I like that I'll be able to get the PS3 my wife and I bought with the sole intent of using the blu-ray player and maybe playing some games (I wanted to try out GT5 and some other PS3 exclusives). Played GT5, really enjoyed it, then I started getting serious hand cramps from the controller...so needless to say that put a very strong damper on my already negative views on Sony (mainly from being hardcore Nintendo for years, them kinda crapping the bed with the Wii and me putting my fanboidom into Microsoft). So needless to say I do like all of the multimedia features on here. Being able to seamlessly* move from one input to another without needing another remote will seriously make my life a helluva lot easier (because having to keep track of 2 remotes is insanely difficult).

I did take away one thing from the press conference....when he said "Xbox Internet Explorer" and was seemed genuinely surprised, I'm not sure if I was happy that it worked, or concerned that he was happy that it worked. I'll be interested to see what the requirements are for both consoles in terms of internet access and used games...neither are real deal breakers for me but I'll be very interested to see what they have to offer at E3

*I note that this was a preproduction demo, so I'm going blindly under the assumption that the system will work as seamlessly as demonstrated. I do reserve the right to rip it mercilessly if it does not function as promised.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Thu May 23, 2013 12:04 am

And one thing I thought I had seen was that some of the programmers and developers of the PGR series had worked with Microsoft on Forza, which is why I thought of that right away seeing the track being in Russia or eastern Europe somewhere, that video brings me right back to PGR4 which I loved dearly.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Thu May 23, 2013 2:34 am

Remaggib wrote:I was just wondering if it would do video games.

Come on Rem... Youre smarter than that. Its to unbecoming of your character. Leave the dumb comments to morons like me ok.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat May 25, 2013 11:31 pm

On FM.net, StarFoXySxv550 suggested the included Kinect for the Xbox One be used to do this:

You iRacing guys have lots of cool stuff Very Happy
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun May 26, 2013 1:16 am

The more I read into the Xbox "1", the less likely I am to ever entertain getting it. Which is hard to believe is possible, since I was pretty certain that I wasn't going to be getting it to begin with. Maybe when the price dropped and there were some games for it, but now, probably not. Just too much stupid for me to wrap my head around the concept.

Why do I have the feeling I'm the only one here that feels like this Xbox "1" is just a long running, late April Fools joke?
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sun May 26, 2013 2:17 am

Oh Rem. I know I won't be the only one but I'll say it, I'll miss you when Forza Motorsport 5 comes out.

I've bought consoles just for one game before. The only reason I bought a PSX was for Gran Turismo. The only reason I bought an XBox was for Forza Motorsport. And the only reason I bought an XBox 360 was for Forza Motorsport 2. Yes, I have a problem. I did buy other games for those consoles over the course of their life but those reasons listed were the entire reason I made the initial purchase.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun May 26, 2013 9:29 am

Well, you could always take the money you'd spend on the "1" and put it into a computer and get iRacing Cool
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Sun May 26, 2013 11:09 am

I've done the same thing, purchased a console specifically for one game, but knowing all along I'll buy others that come out as well. I for one am excited about the multimedia functions on top of being a console. I figure Verizon and Google are already spying on me through my phone, what's another multinational corporation?
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun May 26, 2013 4:21 pm

Rem I get the feeling you are going through what I used to everytime something new came out that not only replaced something I liked alot but had tons of new features I never wanted or felt I would use. I never thought I would need Itunes, Netflix or the Youtube app on Xbox Live, or a smartphone but now I use the freakin crap out of all of it. I dug my heels in for along time but once the products were really common I broke down and gave em a shot and found out I liked it. Im not saying you will feel this way about the new XBOX but I am saying you sound like a grumpy old man who doesnt like the change. But you never know till it comes out and ya try it.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun May 26, 2013 6:05 pm

Ex US Squid wrote:Rem I get the feeling you are going through what I used to everytime something new came out that not only replaced something I liked alot but had tons of new features I never wanted or felt I would use. I never thought I would need Itunes, Netflix or the Youtube app on Xbox Live, or a smartphone but now I use the freakin crap out of all of it. I dug my heels in for along time but once the products were really common I broke down and gave em a shot and found out I liked it. Im not saying you will feel this way about the new XBOX but I am saying you sound like a grumpy old man who doesnt like the change. But you never know till it comes out and ya try it.

Well, I am grumpy and I feel old, but that's beside the point. Of the things you listed, Youtube is the only thing I use, and that's on my computer. No Itunes, Netflix, or smart phone for me. If it tells you anything, 2 phones ago I was pissed because I couldn't get a phone without a camera anymore. I might try the "1" at some point, but it'll be a LONG time before I buy one, if ever. I'll have to find someone that buys it and visit them to try it out. It just seems like they're TRYING to drive people like me away. Though, if there's a Grand Theft Auto release that comes out on it I may well have to get it. Assuming GTA V doesn't suck. Which, unlike Forza, every version has gotten at least a little better.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon May 27, 2013 2:57 pm

Rem., I hear you. You only need a cellular phone to be a phone, just like you want your gaming console for gaming. You don't care about these other fancy features one device has. It would make each device much more simple, though we'd have a lot more clutter. Unfortunately this isn't the one where that's our reality [line a la MIB 3]. Our world is dominated by all-in-one devices and people wanting to multitask.

Relating to the Xbox One, Microsoft wants to show off its shiny new product. Microsoft hopes to cash in on a broader market, because while gamers will use the device for gaming, other people (families) will see it for its entertainment properties and use it for Netflix, or will use it to make their fantasy [basketball / football] league easier to handle. Playing devil's advocate here, Microsoft wanted to cram as much capability into the Xbox One as would fit, without causing lag for any other aspect of the device. More capabilities mean a more broad target audience.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon May 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Since I'm feeling what could be interpreted as the opposite of love...

Next Gen Xbox - Page 3 2yv0voj
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Wed May 29, 2013 12:27 am

Remaggib wrote:Well, you could always take the money you'd spend on the "1" and put it into a computer and get iRacing Cool
My computer would play iRacing now; I don't have space to place a wheel & pedal set. That is the last speed bump between me and joining you folks in iRacing. Were I to move to Maine, I'd have plenty of room … and I'll just leave it at that.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Fri May 31, 2013 3:38 pm

Hey Rem., this article may explain why Microsoft gave the Xbox One the treatment they did. I feel this quote explains a lot,
Gameplanet wrote:"The super core guys, they will buy everything, they will buy all devices,” he said.

“But most people really only do buy one device, and if you're going to think about what that one device is, we believe an all-in-one system that does the best games and TV and entertainment will be something that's really unique.
The "he" is Don Mattrick, Microsoft president of interactive entertainment.

It appears to me that Microsoft is trying to harness an audience of more depth and breadth. Xbox One will play games, though it'll do more and it'll do more without eating too many of its resources.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next