Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pissed off

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pissed off - Page 2 Empty Re: Pissed off

Post  sbclowrider Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

They put all new fluid in it today
sbclowrider
sbclowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:03 am

If it has new fluid, I guess you can try it.  That Hemi will be revving high, get out your wallet for the gas.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:05 pm

Umm, I'm not sure that will work. This is a 5-speed trans (actually 6), and using Tow/Haul should keep you out of 5th gear, which is double-over, but should allow you use 4th, which is single-over.

3rd is 1:1, or drive, if you want to use older terminology.

I'm not sure exactly what they consider the 4th gear clutch, but if it's got anything to do with either overdrive, then Tow/Haul won't cut it...

Now, that being said, if you press the Tow/Haul buttom TWICE, you should see a light come on that says "O/D OFF." This will limit the truck to 3rd Gear. If you don't see O/D OFF, it can and will eventually shift to 4th gear.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:21 pm

Just has to keep it from shifting above 3rd.  Again, I wouldn't recommend it, however with the new fluid and no issues in 1st-3rd, theoretically it should work.  There are certainly no guarentees on future damage, but if the pump is making correct line pressure the other clutches should be fine.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  sbclowrider Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:58 pm

Well I should get my truck back on Wednesday.  I had to pull my 401K from my old job to pay for it (all $4300 of it).  However, something good is coming out of this.  With the rest of my 401K money I'm going to buy me a Harley.  That way, if spring ever decides to show up, I can let the truck sit so I can keep the milage down.  I just have to keep the wife from spending the money before i buy the bike.
sbclowrider
sbclowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:16 pm

I have only skimmed to get the jest but I know that retainer rings inbetween gears can wear out (or in my case several years back, all out break apart which cancered out errrrything!) and can that can put metal shavings in the fluid which leads to Tuxs reference of the 2nd Law of Fluid Dynamics.   My fluid had metal shavings in it and the converter was shitting the bed after second gear was toast.   Sounds like yours hasnt gotten that far so repairs should be possible.   "As Is" = Fun for the life of your ownership!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2