Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars in Barns

3 posters

Go down

Cars in Barns Empty Cars in Barns

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:00 am

Who needs parts / who wants to undertake a couple projects? Caution, not for the faint of heart: http://www.carsinbarns.com/new.html

DAAAYYYYUMMMMM! (first link under content, scroll halfway down) I could repair #25 and modify an original without pissing-off die hard Stude. fans. I'd take one of those complete shells and give her gloriously wonderful new technological advancements.

"This lot sits off the main road in an industrial park in southern Michigan …" Do we have anyone in or near southern Michigan? Rem., Smus, how about a road trip?
Carsinbarns.com wrote:Q: Will you tell me how to get in touch with the person who submitted a photo or where I can find a particular car featured on the site?
A: Sorry, but no. Unless a submission specifically states that the car is for sale or includes public contact information, we will not hand out anyone's personal information.
So it looks like I'll be hitting up Google Earth, looking for industrial parks in southern Michigan. I BE NEEDING THOSE AVANTIS, YO!
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Cars in Barns Empty Re: Cars in Barns

Post  Simcik Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:45 pm

Cool site. Wish they told you where they were. The guy down the block from me has a Challenger T/A under a faded/torn tarp. Wish I could buy it, but I do not need another project - I've got too many already...

BTDubs, if any of YOU want a project car - I have two '69 B-Bodies I'd consider letting go to someone who I know would work on them and fix them up. You guys are all passionate car guys, so, if ya really want a '69 Charger or '69 Coronet (base car, but similar to Super Bee - could clone easily) let me know. I wish I could work on them, but I doubt I will get the chance anytime soon. I am not giving them away, so please don't ask me to...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:01 pm

Found it!!!

42.504574,-83.517275

http://www.avantiparts.net/

Nostalgic Motor Cars
47400 Avante Drive
Wixom, MI 48393
(248) 349-4884

The Avanti sign in the pic tipped me off. I searched "avanti dealership michigan" in Maps. This was choice F. It was the only one that made sense, so I clicked on it and viola!
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:03 pm

Drool... Sim, I may have to take a couple weeks off and drive down by you to work on that Charger. I've wanted one since I was a kid and I'll give you 1 guess why. But I'd want it black, like when they originally got it. But drool...
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:32 pm

It was an interesting story about how we got all of them, but I am afraid I will never get to them...

As soon as I land my first engineering job, the Road Runner is getting finished. I guess then we'll see about the others... The Charger is all there, but pretty rough. The Coronet is straight, but in lots of pieces...

We didn't intend to get 3 project cars, but that's how it worked out. I'd let the go to the right person - someone who's as passionate about it as I am.

I'll tell ya more if you're intetested, but otherwise, I'm gonna give Avanti his thread back...

You are welcome to come help me finish the Road Runner, though, Rem. I'll buy some bacon too...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:45 pm

Hm... Never restored a car before, wouldn't mind doing just that. Or trying to at least. I'd probably have to really work on my delicate touch and precision work. Avanti, I can road trip if paid, currently I'm looking for a tow vehicle for myself but once I get one I could definitely travel. And I'd only charge for the work I miss and for gas. I'll even cover my own food and lodging. Just don't expect me to smell too great if I have to take it to you, as my "lodging" would be, more likely than not, a van down by the river. Razz
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:08 am

I'll attempt to steer the thread back to the initial post:

It does suck the website won't tell its visitors where the photos were taken. I can understand why. I mean, some little old lady is sitting quietly in her residence and suddenly many gear heads descend on her location, all mumbling something about a possible Hemi equipped fish or possible L88 Kam-arrow something or other. It's for their privacy but it's seen as a kink to enthusiasts or people in need of parts.

I see pony cars left like that and have visions of saving them all; resto-modding them to become as reliable as any big name daily driver (Honda, Toyota, …). All while being a pony car, capable of hard cornering like pony cars do best, built with today's technology, powered by engines reflective of their original marque.

Those Avanti shells, whoa. I have tube frame visions. I wouldn't make it a race car, just a streetable tube frame beast. I'd have to follow Studebaker's body mounting points (body on frame and all that jazz) though I'd make sure there was adequate room for sizable tires, brakes and other cool toys.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down