Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASCAR Discussion

+8
Simcik
HarlenAss
Remaggib
Avanti 63r1025
C4PT41N SL0W
Smus
Ex US Squid
TuxTshirt
12 posters

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Sonoma - NASCAR Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: NASCAR Discussion

Post  TuxTshirt Tue May 14, 2013 11:04 am

Avanti 63r1025 wrote:Kansas City wants to be first, in this ranking. Oh yeah, the article also upsets NASCAR fans.
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/top-ten-redneck-cities-ranked/story?id=19153779#.UZHrcMrhf2Y

How is "redneck rating" related to NASCAR?
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue May 14, 2013 4:52 pm

ABC News wrote:You know those folks who ride lawn motors, decorate their trailers with taxidermied raccoons and think NASCAR is the greatest thing since Skoal chewing tobacco? According to Movoto, a real estate brokerage firm in San Mateo, Calif., they're most likely to live in one of 10 cities across the United States, which Movoto has dubbed the "Most Redneck."
I'm pretty sure they meant to write lawn mowers
ABC News wrote:The site judged the cities based on an array of criteria, including nearby gun and ammo stores, cowboy boot stores, local taxidermists, Walmart locations, NASCAR tracks, country radio stations and the percent of the population that didn't complete high school.
These are the connections the article made between the two, and NASCAR fans have been angered by their mention.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun May 19, 2013 1:02 am

When Logano got introduced in the All Star race tonight, I'm pretty sure I've heard less "boo"-ing in my 31 years of Halloween combined lol... He's among the few I'd like to see never race again. And to hear almost as many "boo"-s for last year's championship winner, both the wife and myself lol'd pretty good.

I do take back something I said way back, Kyle Busch is actually on my "like" list now, where at the start of the Daytona 500 he was on the "hate" list. He's come a long, long way for sure.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun May 19, 2013 1:07 am

I like J-Lo over Kyle and Denny a million time over!!!! Did you here Kyle cry like a poor sport after the race? What a baby. He still doesn't get it and Denny will never get it. Logano is danm good in that 22 and I like him... I didn't used to but now I'm a Joey fan....the driver not the show.... Or the actor known for WHHHHOOOOOOAAAAAA!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun May 19, 2013 1:21 am

Always liked Joey myself, was really gald to see him team up with Brad. Those two are gonna be good for each other.

I think he gets a lot of stuff put on him that wasn't his fault, like tonight when they said that he "gave Kyle a shot" when it was clear that A) Kyle got off the gas unexpectedly and B) they barely touched. I think a lot of people boo him because he's finally standing up for himself on the track (You can probably thank Brad for that...). He didn't back off with Hamlin or Tony earlier this season, so he's on people's "shit lists" cause of that.

And Brad was never popular with the 48 fans (you should have heard them last year at Texas!!!), who are clearly there, no matter the venue - and he's still not liked by Carl's fans either, or Kyle's. Anyway, Brad is awesome. I like the guy. I like Joey alot too.

Now if Penske would just run a third car and let Hornish run in the Sprint Cup...

Oh, and I'd just like to point something out:

2012: Penske had no engine/transmission failures.

2013: Penske has had 3 (or 4?) engine failures and now 1 transmission failure.

We all know what changed.

Just sayin'...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun May 19, 2013 1:25 am

That Penske makes reliable engines. Roush makes more power but can be a gamble and that The fact Dodge was the make last year and Ford is this year is a non factor(to quote the pretty TuxT) because Dodge didn't offer any true factory support to Penske last year for engine development....
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun May 19, 2013 1:42 am

I (and ALLPAR) would beg to differ with that. They were all-in on last year, despite Penske's decision to leave afterward. They got many, many new R6 blocks last year. Hell, almost all their Chase cars were new chassis with new engines...

Good point about the Roush method though. Wonder if Penske likes being tied to that kind of power? He seems to like the slightly-less power, yet more reliable approach. I know he builds his engines better than Roush does from a reliablity standpoint. I'd be curious to know what he thinks about having to give up the control of that part of his operation???
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun May 19, 2013 1:45 am

Oh, and did you know that there are still some Mopar engine's in Penske's stable? Hornish's car has run a few of the left-over Chase engines from the Cup cars last year. Mopar castings on the heads and block, but they've put Ford valve covers on them. There were only like 2 or 3 engines. I think only one has seen the track so far (They're in back-up cars.) though.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun May 19, 2013 1:51 am

Yes Sim they got Blocks.... the bare shell. Then Penske did all the work with their "in house" engine shop where they tested parts and built them themselves. That was one of Rogers biggest complaints about Chrysler was that they didnt offer nearly the help and commitment the other three makes do. You want to believe that Mopar was truly the driving force in Penske success thats fine but its not a reality.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun May 19, 2013 2:02 am

Hey, pull you're needle away from my bubble, man!
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Mon May 27, 2013 1:43 pm

If you watched the Coke 600 (camera-gate). Then you know this guy real well. Sonoma - NASCAR Discussion - Page 13 VdXbb4l
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon May 27, 2013 8:15 pm

LOL! Of the 20 minutes that I actually was able to catch, I did see that guy. Epic.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:04 pm

Best way to NOT watch TNT's horrid broadcast of the Coke 400 at Daytona?   buy tickets to it of course.   Try n spot meh.  I look like Thor's much weaker cousin.
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:39 pm

Here's Nelson Piquet Jr. running practice at Mosport (Canadian Motorsport Park) in the truck.  The actual race will be on September 1st.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:30 pm

TuxTshirt wrote:

Here's Nelson Piquet Jr. running practice at Mosport (Canadian Motorsport Park) in the truck.  The actual race will be on September 1st.

ALSO.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V7GJdn9rZE

Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  sbclowrider Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:54 pm

So I looked it up Squid!  The trucks race on dirt live Wednesday night. It is then played again on Friday night!
sbclowrider
sbclowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:00 pm

Thanks for posting this. I though it was tomorrow night, but now I see that's only practice.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:48 am

Sucks for Tony Stewart!!!  So it seems the super shitty possible outcome of racing sprints has finally come to fruition.   Seems Tony was in a 4 car wreck and has a broken leg and underwent surgery to repair the damage.   Check the link:    

Tony Stewart wrecks, has surgery on broken leg.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:10 pm

Silly Stewart!  Too many soda cookies.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Hahaha! That's great, Tux!

I hate that Tony got hurt, but I am excited about the chance this opens up for Brad. He needs all the help he can get at this point...

And, RCR still has not resigned with Chebbie... Just sayin'...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:09 pm

My wife laughed when she found out, and I smiled. Neither of us likes Stewart, so having no shot at the chase this year is enjoyable for us. Hopefully that'll take him down a notch or two. He just seems too cocky, and that he can never be wrong. He'll bitch about being bumped, and then take out half the field (Daytona anyone?) the next week. Just don't like him. And Brad, not on our "like" list either, but we all have our favorite drivers. Not going to knock anyone that likes the drivers we don't, as long as the favor is returned.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:02 pm

You talking about the Dega wreck Rem?  Where he turned down onto Waltrip and wound up upside down?
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:13 am

Where he was up front and the pack had a run and he went to block and took out half the field? Yeah. I think he was upside down on that one, on top of another car if I remember correctly. Once he got out front I saw something big about to happen, that whole race if anyone got out front like that they were about to lose at least a dozen positions.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:04 am

Yeah, that was Talladega last year.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:13 pm

http://www.mikemulhern.net/MikesTake/

So, RCR still hasn't re-signed with Chevy. There's a big shake-up with several big-name drivers. Andretti is back in the news. Bob Keselowski gave an informal interview the other day in which he said he wished Dodge would get back in. Lots of teams looking for sponsorship and/or expansion. Seem the stars may be aligning for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

For months, we've been assuming the reason Dodge isn't in NASCAR is because they don't want to be. What if that's wrong?

What if the reason they're not in NASCAR is because they dropped the ball. What if they didn't see the Penske move coming and hadn't been working on any leads? They'd put all their eggs in one basket, and the basket broke. Seems that more and more people within the community are saying that the Penske switch was a blindside, and they weren't ready to deal with it. That it isn't a money issue, it isn't a want-to issue, it's just a fumble.

So, if the want-to is there, and the money is there, and the stars are aligning... Well, I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see. But I'm not giving up just yet...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next