Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASCAR Discussion

+8
Simcik
HarlenAss
Remaggib
Avanti 63r1025
C4PT41N SL0W
Smus
Ex US Squid
TuxTshirt
12 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Sonoma - NASCAR Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: NASCAR Discussion

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Yeah, the 200mph parking lot was sweeeeeet!!! affraid
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:30 pm

I'm willing to bet that was the most expensive wreck in auto racing history.
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:27 pm

Hard to say.... That Spa wreck off the starting grid going into turn one this year destroyed a dozen F1 cars.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:57 pm

Nascar considering a Truck race at Eldora 1/2 mile dirt track

This would be so weird looking at first but maybe would be cool. Hard to say...
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:29 am

Well, Brad held on and got a little lucky at Kansas... Hope he can do a little better at Martinsville.

Damn, I really wish I could make it to the Texas race this year, but I don't think I can swing it right now...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:09 pm

HOLY CRAP WHAT A RACE!!!

I really, really hope the keep Gordon from racing next week, and for the first part of next season. That stunt he pulled was bullshit...

Way ta go, Brad! Damn, he had a fast car. He had a good shot to win the whole thing, but I am glad he decided to play it a little safe, take some extra tires, and make sure he finished the race in one peice - although just.

Perhaps it was because of Harvick's fuel situation and his owner's influence, the controversy over the GWC finish being called, or the Gordon incident, but I REALLY think NASCAR f'ed up starting the race when they did. There was oil all over the track, and on top of that, Danica clearly left debris and was below minimum speed BEFORE the White flag came out. If Kahne hitting the wall at Texas was a caution, this was clearly one. C'mon NASCAR - try to hide your bias a little better...

Sad to see Johnson hit the wall - I'd have much rather Brad simply beat him - but I'll take the points and the lucky breaks.

One to go. Guess it all comes down to Homestead still, but I sure feel good about the position we're in.

Man, it is going to be really hard to cheer for a Ford next year, but Brad is just awesome. I think he can overcome my brand bias, especially with now Dodge team. Though I really think they'll pick someone up in the off-season. Especially if they win the Championship. Brad's a hell of a driver, but it takes good equipment too - and Dodge has a clear advantage over the other manufacturers in the fuel economy department.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Brad and Wolfe re-up'd with Penske in 2011 for "Multiple Years," but never released how long. Obviously, Kes and Wolfe will be with Penske next year, but 2014???

Brad owns a CWTS race team that runs Rams...

Just thinkin' out loud here...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:23 pm

Hahaha - this is exactly what I was thinking...

Here's what @keselowski said: ​"Well, it's the doublestandard that I spent a whole week being bashed by a half a dozen drivers about racing hard at Texas and how I'm out of control and have a death wish, and then I see bullshit like that. That's fucking bullshit. That's all you can call that. These guys just tried to kill each other. You race hard and I get called an asshole for racing hard and called with a death wish, and I see shit like that, and it just pisses me off. I'm not yelling at you, Dave, but it's just fucking ridiculous, and they should be ashamed. It's embarrassing."

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/jvkgje
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:23 pm

You are so ignorant sometimes Sim.... How much fuel do you think Harvick would have used under red flag with the motor off had they continued cleanup??? Same as he used with the motor off today under that red. Harvick had ZERO to do with the call to go green. The fact that you can say he did proves your lack of understanding of the sport.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:30 pm

Ex US Squid wrote:You are so ignorant sometimes Sim.... How much fuel do you think Harvick would have used under red flag with the motor off had they continued cleanup??? Same as he used with the motor off today under that red. Harvick had ZERO to do with the call to go green. The fact that you can say he did proves your lack of understanding of the sport.

That is true if they don't pace the field longer. If they stay Red, you're right. But if they go back to yellow, and pace longer, yes it's an issue...

And I didn't say he did - I said his owner did. He was all over TV griping about the White not coming out and NASCAR going with a GWC...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:31 pm

And please don't call me ignorant. I know what I'm talking about. You disagreeing with me does not make me ignorant...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:32 pm

Also this is a battle for points at the end of the season and tempers will flair and patience goes away as the gloves come off. Fact is it was uncalled for but nobody can take all the blame. Jeff is a 4 time champion and an epic racer so if he says enough bullshit is enough then I believe him and I also feel Clint was right to stand up for himself. This is "Boys Have At It". If the situation was all handshakes and no worries then fans would cry that its no fun and that Nascar takes the emotion away.

Fines are expected! Period! But to say he should be sat for races next year? You're reacting emotionally Sim and not logically. I've seen retalliations before and its a 50/50 whether he gets a 1 race suspension. But next season as well is absurd.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:41 pm

No, "boys, have at it" is the go ahead for a little extra rubbin', not for taking out 4 cars - including 2 Chasers. Gordon and Boyer aren't even close in the standings, and Boyer barely got into Gordon. No way it called for that... And Logano and Almerolla (sp?), what did they do to deserve being wrecked???

If you REALLY want to stretch it, you could say that Gordon used the incident with Boyer to try to collect Kes. (Yeah, even I don't believe that is the case - Gordon is a baby, so I think he was just going after Boyer.) Had that happened, Jimmie would still be in the points lead... Just sayin'...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:49 pm

What happened to Kyle Busch in the Trucks while he was on probation for rough driving and wrecking guys when he said he was going to take Horniday out and then took him out? One race suspension. That was it. Hed just gone through the controversy of wrecking RCR cars to the point Richard took to pushing Kyles nose in and was on thinice with Nascar. Gordon had a one race lapse of emotional judgement from a 4 time champ that's respected by every single person in the garage and the sport. Its not ok but its not like this is unheard of. Any more than a one race suspension and Nascar would be unevenly and selectively punishing drivers. What have you complained about before? Nascar not being consistant. Well a max of a 1 race sit out would be consistant.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:48 pm

Well apparently I missed one heck of a race! Unfortunately I didn't catch a second of it because I was helping my brother start repairing his trashed Long Beach Island house. I just got home a little while ago.

Congrats to Brad on the 20 point lead. He's got this championship all but won now. It would take just the opposite turn of events at Homestead for it to even be possible. I can't see Brad finishing worse than top 15 next week, not the way they've been running. Congrats to Squid on the Happy win! Second to last race of the year, but at least he got that monkey off his back. Really sucks for Jimmie.

I saw the highlights of Gordon/Bowyer incident. Wow! Jeff sure made his point. The timing was a little questionable, but Bowyer was asking for it. Let's be honest here though folks, Bowyer wasn't going to win the championship. He gave a good run, but let's not get too excited. I think his crew member is a candyass though. Tackling Jeff Gordon from behind. Please, the guy's like 4'6". And as Squid said, this is "boys have at it". Jeff Gordon will go down as one of the best and most respected drivers in history. If he thought that was necessary, he must have been really pissed. I'd say Bowyer should have shown him the respect he deserves. Having said that, it is a surprising Jeff Gordon move. Oh well, since the championship is over, at least we have some exciting drama to look forward to next week.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:52 pm

Don't say it's over yet. If it was a 43 point lead, it'd be over, but it's only 20... Shit could still happen to put JJ back in it, though he's the only one with a shot now.

I just hope there aren't any controversies about the finish next week. If more of this stupid retaliation carries over, it could get interesting...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:58 pm

Don't worry Sim. I'm not the type to discount anything a racer or race team has done. If Brad wins it, which he most likely will, I say he deserves it and raced one hell of a season. That's only me though. There are some fans who might try to discount a Brad K. championship. I can say one thing, he's the real deal.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:27 am

Well, that's good to know, but I actually meant that people might seek retaliation against BK for what he said after the race. He's totally right, mind you, but he probably didn't win any friends. Though I doubt those he called out would be friends with him regardless. I really understand what he's saying. It's the same thing I was saying last week. It is about the lack of consistency. Call it both ways, ya know. If beating and banging and wrecking the field is okay, that's fine, but it better be okay for everyone. I don't understand how the guys that were bitching about Brad last week can be okay with what Gordon did. If anything, we should be holding Gordon to a higher standard...

I think JJ's team is underhanded, but I must admit, JJ himself is a pretty clean racer. (I don't like his attitude, but he knows how to drive cleanly) I think alot people respect him for that. I know Brad does. But why do people, especially other racers, respect people like Gordon? I know Logano was pissed. He tweeted out about how much respect he lost of the former Champ...

Anyway - I think Brad is right on. He got perhaps a little too wrapped up in it, but if you consider how close this incident came to ending his day (What would have happened if Bowyer went high instead of low???) and his chance at recapturing the lead, I think the passion and frustration is understandable...

http://www.nascar.com/video/post-race/highlights/121111/cup-pho2-sound-off-keselowski/index.html?MostPopular
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:07 am

Sim, you act like Jeff Gordon does this all the time. This is NOT the way he normally races. What does that tell you? Listen, I think he was wrong in the way he handled it. But racers like him don't do shit like this for no reason. Just because Bowyer was mathematically still in the hunt doesn't mean he can race any other guy anyway he wants. If you show no respect for other racers, don't be surprised when someone pays you back.

I wouldn't have handled the situation like Gordon did, but I also wouldn't have provoked him either. And about the Brad/Jimmie contact last week, that's hardly the same animal. Brad barely touched Jimmie, you could argue that he shouldn't have at all, but it was just rubbing. The Bowyer contact with Jeff ended his day. And Brad's tirade is hardly a professional way of addressing the media. This stuff makes the sport even more fun to watch though, bring it on.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:51 pm

I can't wait for Homestead! Very Happy Very Happy
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:59 pm

I've gotta watch this and then the Almighty Smus will rule.

Let it be written, let it be done.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:17 pm

Tux, I thought Brad and Jimmie got together much more than Gordon and Bowyer did. Watch the replay again - Bowyer barely go into Gordon, then Gordon came back down the track and tried to push into Bowyer and turn him right then. Instead of turning Bowyer, it forced his car up the track (I think he cut a tire...) and then into the wall. Then Gordon got really mad and went hunting... They need to sit him...

I don't know about you guys, but I am so tired of the gray areas in NASCAR. It should be black and white, just like the restart issue last week.

And I am curious why everyone (on the radio and TV) is thinking that all of the oil in Turn 4 came from Danica's car. Yes, maybe some, but if you notice, many of the cars were sliding in Turn 4 on the first (Green) lap. The oil was there from the Gordon/Bowyer incident, and they rushed to clean it. In doing so, they left a lot. You can see the driver's getting loose on the replays before Danica hits the wall, and the crew cheifs (well, at least Paul Wolfe) were telling their driver's to watch out for it on the restart.

Furthermore, to my earlier point, I heard several comentators say that NASCAR made the decision not to call the yellow because they didn't want cars to run out of fuel while they paced the field. It would have meant several of the leaders would have run out, extending the caution period even more, and meaning a rather boring finish of drivers who hadn't really been running that strong earlier in the day. They did it as a favor to some of the teams and "for the fans" - better said as "for ratings" - and it's just B.S. I really wish they'd hide their bias a little better - or just lose it all together. I think these inconsistent calls (where NASCAR can very rightfully be accused of picking the winners and losers) are the reason they are losing fans and ratings. As much as I personally don't like JJ, I don't think him winning all the time is driving people away, I think it's NASCARs inconsistency...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:33 pm

I watched the replay. Makes no difference. Bowyer had no reason to even touch him, let alone cut a tire. In the replay, did you see that smoke looking stuff. That wasn't fairy dust, it was burning rubber, the rubber from Gordon's tire. Every cup driver knows that when you put your right-side door onto another driver's left-rear tire, you stand a good chance of cutting that tire with the exhaust tips. I'm not here to justify Gordon's payback, nor am I here to justify Bowyer starting it. This has been going on for weeks.

About gray areas, sure, they exist. They exist everywhere. Just because you can look back on Monday afternoon and make a good case, doesn't mean that NASCAR will make the "perfect" decision in the few seconds they have to decide on MOST things. As I said, I didn't see the race, just the highlights, so it's hard for me to conclude.

It's funny. You're getting most vocal about all of the problems and inconsistencies with NASCAR now. Where was all of this criticism earlier in the year. It's like because Brad's the next champion, all of a sudden you're an authority. What bias are you talking about? Your guy is about to win, and still you complain about BIAS as if there's some conspiracy. Please, site examples of all of this BIAS. In what other race this year did a caution flag cause multiple racers to run out of fuel? Humans run this sport, so it's imperfect. You and Brad both seem more concerned about what people are saying instead of just enjoying the ride.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:47 pm

I have always thought this way - just didn't have any friends that were passionate about it as all of you guys. No one else would watch the race under most conditions, let alone discuss with such great detail.

And yes, Brad is in a good place to win it, but I hate that anyone could say he didn't win it fairly. If he got a break on any call, it would call into question whether or not he raced well enough to be Champion. I don't know. I like when things are black and white.

It's like our races here. You beat me all the time, but it's not because you cheat or get calls that go your way - it's because you're better than I am. It gives me something to go after, something to drive me. I don't have anyone else to blame but myself. I know I'm getting beat by a better driver, and I want to improve so that I can challenge you. If I was getting wrecked out every race, it would drive me crazy. And if cautions or other types of calls always broke your way, I'd get frustrated. That's where I'm coming from. I know where I stand, and I know that I need to get better.

In NASCAR, that's not always the case. I just want some consistency... Like I said, if Kahne hitting the wall at Texas was a caution, Danica hitting the wall at Pheonix was surely a caution.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:03 pm

Simcik wrote:I have always thought this way - just didn't have any friends that were passionate about it as all of you guys. No one else would watch the race under most conditions, let alone discuss with such great detail.

And yes, Brad is in a good place to win it, but I hate that anyone could say he didn't win it fairly. If he got a break on any call, it would call into question whether or not he raced well enough to be Champion. I don't know. I like when things are black and white.

It's like our races here. You beat me all the time, but it's not because you cheat or get calls that go your way - it's because you're better than I am. It gives me something to go after, something to drive me. I don't have anyone else to blame but myself. I know I'm getting beat by a better driver, and I want to improve so that I can challenge you. If I was getting wrecked out every race, it would drive me crazy. And if cautions or other types of calls always broke your way, I'd get frustrated. That's where I'm coming from. I know where I stand, and I know that I need to get better.

In NASCAR, that's not always the case. I just want some consistency... Like I said, if Kahne hitting the wall at Texas was a caution, Danica hitting the wall at Pheonix was surely a caution.

Who on this thread ever said Brad didn't or won't win it fairly? No one. But, just last week, you're complaining about the bias toward the 48 team. Shit, just an hour ago you're still going on about how underhanded they are. With a clear misunderstanding of how this sport works. You don't want your guy being discounted, neither do I. Especially if it's unfounded, WHICH IT IS.

I'm not arguing with you about the last caution. Sure, there should have been one. Ok. But why the conspiracy following it? As if they're trying to affect someone more or less. They fucked up. Who benefitted? Who didn't? Who cares? Next week, someone else will get unlucky.

Also, remember, the fastest car/driver doesn't always win. This is racing, not time trials.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next