Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anticipating Forza Motorsport 5

+4
Smus
Simcik
Ex US Squid
Avanti 63r1025
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Anticipating Forza Motorsport 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: Anticipating Forza Motorsport 5

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:07 am

I recently started taking notes on how I created FM4 liveries (shapes, sizes, skew, etc.) in the hope it makes it easier to recreate the same liveries in FM5.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Anticipating Forza Motorsport 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: Anticipating Forza Motorsport 5

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:19 pm

Check this out!  Tons of good insight on how the Forza 5 mechanics will differ from every other racing game made.  Killer shots of IRL, F1, and V8 Supers doing work.   Also in the second vid with VVV I noticed an amazing amount of suspension movement.  Everyone was pointing at GT6 doing this and Forza seems to be lacking.  Well seems FM5 is looking just fine to me.    I like the idea that the game will now just throw money at you as a reward but the single player career will be more structured and guide you into buying different cars.   Dan mentions being able to follow the linear path or divert off it at any time.  Best part about that is you can hop off and back on as you please.  

Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:05 pm

And Simcik there is a vid on IGN that is crap but at about 1min35sec or so theres a clip of a Hemi Cuda and the Shaker is actually shaking!   Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo purty.    So IGN is saying "over 200 cars" in Forza 5.   That will tie our hands some on how diverse our series car lists will be and may even eliminate some of our series due to lack of diversity.  Guess I best get to studying GTA V on how to rob 7-11s so I can pay for the shit load of DLC packs.  Lord knows Ill rob a baby to afford a car pack with a Dodge Dart in it!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:31 pm

I'm not buying it at launch because Forza Motorsport 5 is not worth $79.99 for the limited edition or $59.99 for the standard edition (on top of an Xbox One). I might pick up a used PS3 with GT5 and GT6 to pass the time. Forza Motorsport 5 will be worth it to me once new copies sell at or below the $40 level.

Here is Turn 10's final car list.

Here are the confirmed tracks:

1. Bernese Alps
  2. Catalunya
  3. Spa
  4. Indianapolis
  5. Le Mans
  6. Laguna Seca
  7. Mount Panorama [Bathurst]
  8. Prague
  9. Road Atlanta
  10. Sebring
  11. Silverstone
  12. Test Track Airfield
  13. Top Gear test track
  14. Yas Marina [Circuit Abu Dhabi]

And here is Dan's reasoning for the reduced quantity. Turn 10 is focused on quality (60 frames per second at 1080p and laser scanning everything) rather than quantity which is their prerogative, though with two years between titles and limited time to work with the new hardware … well, shit got cut. Ensuing Xbox One Forza titles should catch my attention.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Shatterpoints Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:52 pm

with no porsche you'd think they would've kept volvo Sad
Shatterpoints
Shatterpoints

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:58 pm

There it is.....

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/FM5_Forza_Showroom_final
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:33 pm

Anticipating Forza Motorsport 5 - Page 4 Ku-med11
Stalker, I tuld yu naut 2 take my pikture! I new it wood find it is way on teh internetz. I am disapoint.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:16 am

I always knew you were special.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:42 pm

I heard in our XBL conversation the confirmation that Turn 10 is moving to laser scan everything. Items (cars & tracks) Turn 10 digitally created previously without the minimum number of polygons were cut and items that had enough polygons to be malleable were warmed over to FM5 specifications. This is why we see an initial list of 200 cars and 14 tracks with more to come via downloadable content.

Travis Okulski ran a Jalopnik article last Friday calling out FM5's lack of goodies. This prompted Dan Greenawalt to call Travis and give reason why. Dan compared Forza Motorsport 5's release with Forza Motorsport 2's release because Forza Motorsport 2 was the last Motorsport title to be released on a new console. FM2 released a year and a half after Xbox 360, shipping 12 tracks and 270 cars, thus Dan says, FM5 is ahead of FM2 when comparing launches.

So here we are, a new console and a new Forza. I suppose the shining star in this story is, it [hopefully] only gets better. Yay for Forza Motorsport 7, launching in 2017! It will be interesting if Turn 10 looks over their data next weekend. I concede FM5 will have a lot of players because it'll be the "new toy on the block." What I want to know is, how many people [who could've been boosting FM5's numbers] will be playing FM4 instead?
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:48 pm

Seeing as how we have 2 more T/A races to run, I'd venture to say that at least our group will be on FM4. In muscle cars. Are you listening, Dan? I want my Daytona!
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:13 pm

I don't see why so many people are "not getting an Xbox One". Don't give me the BS on the price; the Playstation 4 is the same price as what I paid for my Playstation 3 when it was new. The Xbox one is $499, big F'n deal, its $100 more than the X360 was when it was new how many years ago?

I will keep my 360 because there are still many good games on it that I want to play, but the new FM is going to be on the One, and its going to be good.

They already have the frist DLC for cars available on launch day. There will be more.

I guess I should be happy, at least everyone is complaining about the new Forza instead of pounding the shortcomings of FM4 into the ground over and over again.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:48 pm

Squid and I were having this discussion a while back...

In my case, Forza is basically all I play. To me, FM5 isn't worth the major cash. I'd be looking at $500 for the console, $100 for the game, and at least another $200 to replace my wheel. So, for me, the cost is too great to justify the switch at the moment - especially given the questions surrounding FM5.

Now, I know I'm a special case - I'm not the norm - but, let's look at that argument for a minute: We've just had how many big releases? COD, BF4, Batman, GTAV, Madden 25, etc. Sure, all these games will look better on X1, but will it look/play $500 better? That's the big question. As much as I wish it would be, FM5 won't be a big draw to most people. So what are the other true launch titles that are going to bring in all the sales?

The X1 will do fine in time - but I think initial sales will be far lower than expected.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:31 am

Its not even released yet..... No way to know how well it will or won't do.

Destiny is essentially another version of Halo. Even if its very similar in feel or story, its got Bungie behind it, its gonna be huge. The Halo series itself will continue on the One. The next Elder scrolls will be a next gen game, DA3, every type and league of sports games; Madden 1000353156 squared...........

I understand if you simply can't afford it, but what I hear is why would I spend my money on that what I have my 360 and FM4. I also don't get why when the Nintedo 64 came out, the first Playstation, the PS2, and the 360..... Everyone was on board, why is it so different now?

When the 360 launched, a lot of the games at launch time were available on the regular Xbox, same with the PS3, but I don't remember hearing no where near the negativity that seems to be revolving around the X1 and the PS4.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:01 am

I don't foresee any issues at all having enough people that will buy the XB1 and FM5.  As with many console releases, there's going to be a shit ton of people that gobble that stuff right up.  Looks like it will be a blast for many people.  If you have the scratch, do it up.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:15 am

If FM5 released for the Xbox 360 it'd be an easy decision and I would have bought it at release. Had Turn 10 kept every car from the recent Motorsport series, added the new cars from Horizon, new tire data and some new game settings (lobby, tuning, etc.) it would have been worth $60 to me, especially if Turn 10 brass pitched us something like this, "We apologize our 'new every two' schedule is concurrent with a new console. We have been working on FM6 since before FM4 launched. FM6 will be an Xbox One only title and because we want to maximize its launch it will be available holiday season 2014. Stay tuned these coming months and at E3 2014 for more information. In the meantime enjoy FM5."

This would give a Motorsport title to tide us over and one more year for Turn 10 Studios to add more content and features to the title we know today as FM5 (which would become FM6). The more I view it that way the more I understand Polyphony Digital's decision to release one more Gran Turismo on the Playstation 3.

Sim, I am reading more "It'll cost me $750+ to upgrade to Forza 5 with a new console and a wheel" type comment on the official forums, you're not alone.

Stalker, I believe people are feeling the money pinch more now than they were when the N64, PSX, PS2, and X360 launched. It'll be interesting to see if anybody covers PS4 and Xbox One sales numbers and compares them to early expectations or previous generation launch numbers.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4