Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An interesting twist on Forza

2 posters

Go down

An interesting twist on Forza Empty An interesting twist on Forza

Post  Smus Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:56 am

Crusing the big board yesterday, I was thinking of how I would like to get better at the "drifting" aspect of Forza, it seems that that is the most active section, and i think that is because its considered the red-headed stepchild of racing. It's not about time, its about style, and I can't get it down...so in their little world I found a thread entitled "built not bought", and my interest was piqued.

Inside, the group had established a secondary drifting/showing career separate from the one built into Forza. They used a set monetary system, players recieveing set dollar amounts to buy and modify cars for drifting competitions and little car shows they do. Users are allowed to purchase a vehicle from any of the lettered catagories, F-S, and part prices are set according to the class the vehicle started in. First time users are "given" $25k to purchase and modify a vehicle and from there competitions are held, "money" is won, and up the career ladder they move....not in a literal sense, but to purchase more cars and to be a more lauded member of the forum.

For people who didn't race, there was a set amount that was "gifted" to the account, so modifications could always be made, but the only requirement was to post your gamertag once per week...

They had a little economy going, with people selling tunes and graphics to people as well.

I don't think it would work in the racing community, based on how difficult it could be to make the cars equal within the boundaries that are used for racing, but I thought of it as pretty unique, due to the fact that drifters dont need the most powerful car to be competative.

Heres a link to their forum,
http://builtnotbought.forumotion.com/
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

An interesting twist on Forza Empty Re: An interesting twist on Forza

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:56 pm

Thats a neat find! Ive heard this kind of idea in drag racing on Forza as well. Thats alot of forethought and precision to make it work and that part of it impresses me if done right. You thinking of trying to apply it to road racing?
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:50 am

It would be fun, but I'm not entirely sure how you would implement it. Drifting and Drag racing are "simpler" than road racing...drifting is done with points, drag racing time...

I would suppose it could be done, but possibly instead of running full races versus other players, it would have to be time trials. Maybe the "head to head" racing would work as well? Circut racing requires so many more cars than drift or drag, so the hangup would be trying to get enough cars to create a whole race, unless it would just be a time trial or time attack setup.

I found it pretty impressive too, really a good way of keeping people involved.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down