Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iRacing goodness!

+6
Sorta05
Josh on ze bass
Remaggib
Avanti 63r1025
StalkerStang
TuxTshirt
10 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

iRacing goodness! - Page 2 Empty Re: iRacing goodness!

Post  Remaggib Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:41 am

Say Tux, when you get a setup for the Mustang at Road America let me know, I'm currently 4 seconds behind your best time, and that'll grow when you get faster...
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:19 pm

I only made a few small tweaks from stock Rem, but when I settle on a setup, I'll get it to you.

Hey Rem, you jumped in to spectate a practice last night right? Did you like my wreck in the kink?
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:24 pm

Unfortunately I didn't see it. Because I had joined that session when it opened up and then left, I think it was taking forever to send me the updated info since I was on last. By the time I got in and looked at your car (couldn't drive, but wanted to) it was about a minute before the session ended. I'm hoping to catch up with you tonight if you're on!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:14 pm

I will be on tonight Rem. Not sure what time. Probably around 10 eastern.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:00 am

Well that was just embarrassing. affraid
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:14 am

No. I don't think so. The setup is not your trouble. You just need to start off slow. Back up your brake points until you know the limit of the car. Brake early in each corner, hit your marks, hit the apex, throttle out, track out. You will get a much better feel of how close to the limit you are. You will get more confident the more consistent you get. You just have to keep turning laps. Turn slow ones, that's good. There's a saying in racing: TFTS. Too fast, too soon. That's you. No offense. I was getting whooped too. Oh, and save your replays of practice with faster guys. You can watch them.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:43 am

The biggest problem I have with the car is braking points. I can back them up and back them up, but the damned thing won't slow down. Any other car I can lock the brakes, and get a muscle memory pretty quick for how far I can go before lock. The Mustang just plain won't lock the tires, so I'm hammering down on the brakes and still getting nothing. And as there's no feel for it and no ABS noise, I can't find that happy zone.

But I will start watching more videos and try to figure it out. What I've found to work the best is to follow someone as close as I comfortably can, and mimic their driving. That's how I learned the SRF car, but maybe the Mustang just isn't going to happen that way. I only have till Monday to get some races in, then it's a whole new set of problems track to figure out.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:51 am

Rem, you say you keep backing them up and backing them up but still overshoot. Well, back them up further. Turn 5 (end of second straight) is a great example. Start braking before the "5" sign. Yes, that's early, but do it anyway. Then, start moving it closer and closer the corner. I've noticed the fast guys braking between the "3" and "2" signs. I consistently start at the "3" as I'm still perfecting threshold braking.

What pedals are you using?
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:41 am

No idea, they came with the steering wheel. The wheel is a Logitech Driving Force I think. Something like that at least. I'll have to try and log on tonight and run some more laps with the brake zones way backed up. If I could only hear, feel, or lock the tires I'd be doing tons better.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:02 pm

Why can't you hear the tires?
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:27 pm

I can when I start turning and sliding, but not when I'm on the brakes. They just won't lock up or seemingly even come close. When the tires are cold and I leap full force onto the brakes, I can lock them sometimes. And this is after calibrating my pedals and everything. Any other car is fine, just the Mustang sucks.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:29 am

Sorta, I was hoping you and I would be in the same room in the Street Stock race. Looks like you and me both had issues with clowns!
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:28 am

I didn't even know you were running it! lol I've got a lot to learn... I got wrecked before I even got to turn 1. It wouldn't have been bad but I went to the pits for repairs and they wouldn't let me go!!! Did I miss something? Is there some kind of release button for the pits? I found the windows where you can tell them to adjust tire pressure, fuel, etc, etc. If you use the F keys there is even one with, I think a live feed of tire temps kind of like Forza 4. That is one thing Forza does really really good. The telemetry system is second to none for a racing game that I've seen at least (not that that means much coming from me). What happened in your race?
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:41 am

Sorta, when you hit quick pits you have to wait for towing time. After that they'll do a pit service (usually there's 1 reset where when they start working on your car after towing so you start with a fresh car) then you can go. I saw you in practice, but apparently I have the wrong license to run with the rookies anymore. I could drop from my B license, but I hardly ever run ovals anymore.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:00 pm

Rem I didn't use the instant tow thing... I drove in. Same thing happened to me once in a practice session. There was no active timer counting down or anything. It eventually let me go once I escaped out of the car and then hit race from the garage menu. I also don't remember there being a caution flag.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:49 pm

Sorta they were repairing your damage. If you're in the pits and your pit guy is holding the card out still, they are doing necessary repairs. Sometimes there will be minimal damage that you can wait for, but if it doesn't show "optional repairs", then the repairs are necessary.

And the reason about telemetry is that it's a simulation. You only have available telemetry that the real life car would have. So, in a street stocker, you would only be able to look at recent tire temps. In the more advanced race cars, like the F1 car, there's telemetry trackers you can set to data log. Just like in real life.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:42 pm

Tux, in practice mode a get a count down clock telling me they are repairing the car. There was no indication any work was being done on the car. All the other cars that were involved in the wreck had long since pitted and left. In practice it shows up as a count down timer after the pit service is completed (again nothing displayed after the car finished the pit service). I haven't been given the option to make or pass on any repairs that I've seen. Oh and as soon as I jumped out of the car and back in they let me go... no wait at all.

You are correct on the telemetry. I will still miss that feature though.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:43 am

That's curious. I'll post something on the forum and see if anyone noticed that. I never tried backing out and then continuing.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:12 am

I thought that got fixed, it happened to me a couple times, I think it turned out to be a bug. What I usually do anyways, is if I do hit the pits I ESC quick then race again, gets you out of the pits with a fresh car (only the 1 time) and fresh tires without having to wait for the pit service. Don't go telling too many people, just in case that's a time saving bug lol
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:21 pm

I usually just wait until the service is over.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:28 pm

There were no timers going and the guy standing still had the stop sign out. I'm thinking it's a bug as Rem said.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:52 pm

Holly crap you can win real money!!! Might have to invest some cash in the old PC rig so I can run 3 screens...
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:09 pm

Sorta05 wrote:There were no timers going and the guy standing still had the stop sign out. I'm thinking it's a bug as Rem said.

It's not a bug. The fact that you could escape, then get back in is the bug. It's just like I said. When you're in the pits and the cardman is holding you there with the timer just counting up, they're making repairs. I confirmed on the forums.

TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Tux, as I said before there was no timer on the screen, counting down or up. Just the dude standing there with the brake sign holding it in front of my car. No matter what inputs I gave he wouldn't' let me go. I'll concede it's possible it was there and I just don't remember it... but even if that's the case why is the counter not consistent? In some cases I get a repair count down or some indication I'm getting repairs. If there was a timer (and I don't think there was one) it definitely did not say they were doing repairs.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:50 pm

It doesn't say they're making repairs. There's just a timer counting up for how long you've been in your pit stall. You're not understanding me. Yes, the cardman is holding you in the pits. There is no "repair" timer counting down, there's just a timer counting up for how long you've been there. That's normal. If you can't leave, they're making repairs.

*Edit: I know this because I talked to several racers and I waited a few times. Eventually they complete the repairs and he lets you go.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next