Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iRacing Pocono 400

2 posters

Go down

iRacing Pocono 400 Empty iRacing Pocono 400

Post  Josh on ze bass Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:41 pm

You guys down to try to make this?  If so I'll jump in, too.  

iRacing.com Pocono 400

iRacing celebrates IndyCar racing’s return to Pocono Raceway with the iRacing.com Pocono 400 on July 12 and 13. Rookie to Pro, the newest addition to the World Tour of iRacing calendar brings iRacers of all license levels together in their Dallara IndyCars for 160 laps of the 2.5 mile tri-oval known affectionately as The Tricky Triangle.

The event features two distinct races, the first taking the green flag on Friday, July 12 at 9 pm ET (01:00 GMT Saturday) and the second on Saturday, July 13 at 2 pm ET (18:00 GMT). Fields in both races will be divided into Pro-C and D-Rookie licenses.

Event Date & Race Start:

1. Friday, July 12th at 9pm US ET / (01:00 GMT Saturday) 2. Saturday, July 13th at 2pm US ET / (18:00 GMT Saturday)

Pro - C Oval license holders and D – Rookie Oval license holders will share the same start time on Friday and Saturday

Car: Dallara IndyCar

Track: Pocono Raceway Oval Configuration

OPEN SET UP

Practice Sessions: Open practice sessions will begin on July 8th at 8:00PM US ET/July 9th at 00:00 GMT.

Qualifying: Qualifying will begin on July 8th at 8:00PM US ET/July 9th at 00:00 GMT with sessions on the hour (00:00, 01:00, 02:00, etc) and will continue until the event start on Friday July 12th. There will be no qualifying on Saturday, July 13th to facilitate preparation for the broadcast of the top 33 drivers.

Qualifying will be a single car session; the average of four laps will be your qualifying time. You may qualify as many times as you like until the end of qualifying on Friday, July 12th.

Qualifying will be open to all iRacing members. Note that you will only be able to qualify for the race that you hold the correct license for. Drivers will be placed in splits and gridded based on QUALIFYING TIME.

Qualifying is not required. A driver who does not post a qualifying time will be placed in a split after all drivers who did post times. Then they will be gridded according to their iRating.

Warm Up: Warm up will be 15 minutes to allow extra time to join into the event. Safety Rating & iRating: This event is an official session and official session rules apply. Race Start, Pit stops, Yellow Flags: The race will begin with a two lane rolling start. Typical pit stop rules will be in effect. Full course yellows will be used. SINGLE file restarts will be used after yellow flags.

Race Length: 160 laps

Field Size: 33 race cars per split

Spectating*** NEW INFO *** Spectating for either race will be disabled starting 15 minutes before the race up until 5 minutes after the race start. Here are the times when spectating will be DISABLED: 00:45 GMT - 01:05 GMT (Race Session 1) and 17:45 - 18:05 (Race Session 2). Spectating will be enabled during the remainder of the races.

Broadcast: @GlacierTV will broadcast the top split of the Pocono 400 during the Saturday race on July 13th. Watch the broadcast live on www.glaciertv.com

Twitter: #iRacingPocono400 & #iR

http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/SeriesNews.do?season=930acingWT
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

iRacing Pocono 400 Empty Re: iRacing Pocono 400

Post  TuxTshirt Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:56 pm

I know I can't make the Saturday race, I have a wedding to go to that day.  If I'm able to finish up my race for C class open tonight, I may run in the Indy race on Friday night.  We won't be in the same split though, so if you want to race with me, we should put together a hosted session or something.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:44 pm

5 laps in I was caught up in the big one.  That was that.   Smile
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:49 pm

That sucks!