Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iRacing discussions

5 posters

Go down

iRacing discussions Empty iRacing discussions

Post  Josh on ze bass Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:59 pm

Jake!  Rem!  You my bro now.  A while ago you lent me a street stockSouth Boston setup,  I used it on a different track with a slight adjustment and it almost got me the win.  That setup does well at a lot of other tracks.

Thanks dude!

-Joshy poo
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

iRacing discussions Empty Re: iRacing discussions

Post  Simcik Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:14 pm

Holy Shiznit!

'Dega! Cup car! Woot!

Seriously, what a blast! We need to set up a private race with the Gen 6 cars at 'Dega - that was awesome! I want to work on my bump drafting!
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:03 am

Simcik wrote:Holy Shiznit!

'Dega! Cup car! Woot!

Seriously, what a blast! We need to set up a private race with the Gen 6 cars at 'Dega - that was awesome! I want to work on my bump drafting!
Did you do the Talladega 500?   How'd you fare?
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:20 pm

I ended up finishing 12th. We had a major wreck in Turn 1 on Lap 1. We had another wreck on Lap 3. I got loose in traffic on Lap 8 and spun, but saved it on the appron. I was running to catch up under caution, when someone in the middle of the pack wrecked, and I lag-punched someone who was trying to get out of the way of that wreck. So I reset, got back out there 2 laps down, and we finally got a few more laps in. Then, there was a slow car inside, and I was the lead car in a 3 car pack. I stayed high, the guy immediately behind me stayed on my bumper, but the third guy had a run, and tried to go outside of us, wrecking the number 2 guy, who wrecked me. This was like lap 20ish. Got back to the pits, had like 9 minutes worth of repairs, got back out there like 12 laps down, sitting in 34th place, and oh yeah, we're an hour into the event. The leaders were on like lap 40 of 188. Anyway, people couldn't pace for some reason, it was like a rubber band all the time. Lots of fender benders. Anyway, I was pretty messed up, could go faster than 177, and that was in a draft. Ran for a while, moved up as others wrecked or quit. We had a rather big pile up during caution at around Lap 70, in which I got some more damage (about 8 minutes worth), and when I finally got back out there I was like 14 laps down. I hooked up with another guy that was damaged, and two places in front of me (but 4 laps ahead) and we bump drafted for a while. Even then, we only got up to like only 180, but it was good practice. On Lap 102 (my lap 86), my engine blew, and since I had already used the reset, I was done. The top 10 actually finished the race, the guy in 11th ran only 2 more laps than I did.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:26 pm

Once you get out of Rookie and D, you'll run with guys that know how to race, pace, pit, and get through/around wrecks.  Don't lose hope.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:13 pm

TuxTshirt wrote:Once you get out of Rookie and D, you'll run with guys that know how to race, pace, pit, and get through/around wrecks.  Don't lose hope.
He speaks the truth.  Tough it out and just play it safe, complete races, and don't worry about getting any W's yet.  D and C class are MUCH better, but I didn't find it 100% safe until I got into B-class oval racing. but by the time you get to B, you'll find your skills have vastly improved as well.

On a side note, since I made it to A-class oval, I'm gonna start ramping up my road career and get that into A-class.  Wish me luck.
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:49 pm

So, WTF is Week 13, exactly? I need to get my SR above 3 to get my D class license. It was a 2.88, and based on previous experience, one half-assed decent race and I would make it above the 3.0 mark.

So, I figure I'll try a SS race at Charlotte. It's the stupid legends oval, and I suck at it, but I figure, okay, no biggie, I'll just run some laps and stay outta trouble. I started 4th(!) because I qualified and most others didn't, And I ran good for several laps. There was a wreck in front of me between the 2nd and 3rd place cars, and I avoided the collision, but spun. 2x. What shocked me the most, is that the caution didn't fly. "Okay, so this is normal..." I thought, treating it like any given Forza race of mine. I get back up to speed in 11th. Then I spin again. And again, and again - just for good measure. So now I'm up to 8x, but still in 11th. Then, some idiot just forgets to turn, hits me, and runs me into the wall. 2x for contact with a car, 2x for the wall. I'm messed up, so I pit. I sit in the pits, it completes the repair, and it won't let me leave. I'm stuck! I can't move! The race ends with me sitting in the pits in 13th position. I get out and my SR went down (That's actually a first for me.) Despite several wrecks that took out many cars, the caution never flew... What's up with that???

Pissed about my SR, I figure I'll go run a race that Tux says can't hurt you - a Carb Cup race at 'Dega. So, I start 21st 'cause I missed Qualifying, and move up to 15th by the back stretch on Lap 2. A few more laps in and I'm in position to make a run on 3 or 4 more cars, when one of them gets loose. He peels up the track, collects a buddy, and they both come down the track. I miss them, but get hit by another car trying to avoid the accident. I pit, and come out all alone. Iend up finishing in 15th, but 3 Laps down. My SR wasn't hurt, like Tux said, but the race was frustrating. I'm tired of being wrecked after avoiding a wreck. And also, I wish the rules were presented more clearly. Why weren't the cautions flying? How come last week in the Talladega 500 were there no lucky dogs or double-wide restarts? I mean, I'm cool with mixing it up, but damn, I'd like to know what to expect...

Okay, rant over. Now I've got to bump my SR up even more.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Week 13 is the break week at the end of every season.  There are 4 seasons per year.  They each last 12 weeks.  Most of the public races held in week 13 are fun, unofficial races, however some still hold SR value and MPR value.

There are no cautions in the lower division races, which is why it's more important to finish, than to finish close to the front.  Once you get to the Truck series (C license), the races will flow how they do on TV.

The frustrations that you are experiencing happen to every new oval racer on iRacing.  Concentrate on being clean and speed will come later.  Once you get to D class the racing gets better, once you get to C, it gets better still.

Also, don't forget to read the reference material and the series information provided by iRacing's member site.  Some of your questions will be answered.  Or ask me.  I'll try to help.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:47 am

It's all good, Simcik.  Watch those videos. And again, i say again, do races, keep your nose clean, bump up your safety rating.   Enjoy the off week and get ready for a new season.  Smile 

When your SR gets to 4.0 it'll automatically bump you up to D class! HURRAY D CLASS!  but keep your head down and keep working on your SR, but maybe try to get a decent position or two Wink

best of luck, see ya on track.

We should get a race goin sometime!
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:05 am

It also depends on what kind of race/series you are running.  If it's a fixed series and your irating isn't high (lower splits) you can still get stuck with a bunch of bone heads in D, C, and even B racing series.  The open races are your best bet for clean racing.  They take a lot longer once you get to the B and A class series (the race itself and the time it takes to tune and practice to be competitive).  It does get better though so stick with it!
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:13 am

Man, I haven't been around in way too long. Josh, I'm glad the setup worked for you for something at least lol. I am hopefully at the point again where I can sit for a race-length session. My back had gotten bad enough that even double dosing my pain pills I couldn't sit for more than 10 minutes without extreme pain. Couple that with the week-long flu, and then this weekend my shoulder being un-usable, and it's been rough over here. But, hopefully I can start jumping back on the computer here and there and run some races. I'd really like to get up to B class with my oval license, eventually A class and run the fixed setups there. The lower class cars are fun but I like the sticky tires of the Gen 6 cars.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down