Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Web Hosting

5 posters

Go down

Web Hosting Empty Web Hosting

Post  Simcik Tue May 07, 2013 10:20 am

Someone had mentioned before that they had the ability to provide us with free web hosting of the forum???

I have finally found a converter that can take all the information we have now and move it to a standard phpbb3 forum, where we wouldn't be tied to the limits of forumotion. This would allow us to have a much more user-friendly and appealing site.

Anyway, who was it that mentioned this? If we can get something worked out, I think a swtich would be in order. That would give us time to get the bugs worked out for FM5.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Web Hosting Empty Re: Web Hosting

Post  Ex US Squid Wed May 08, 2013 12:41 am

If the new site is a good enough improvement to make the hassle of a switch and memorizing that then I am all for it. Would be nice to be able to clean up the layout considering how much info is now on our site. Hope we can get to do it.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Wed May 08, 2013 2:38 am

Sim, at about the same time as you made your offer, tripany said he knew of a place to host a forum. I don't know if he had personal place or if he just knew of another site (like forumotion).

My dad registered our last name as a .com and he's got servers but I don't think they have the ability to host a forum.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Wed May 08, 2013 9:21 am

Squid, it could be made to be. To start, it would look the same. Forumotion uses a restricted code. Remember that NASCAS discussion you, Tux and I had about the boxes? Forumotion gives you a rather small box to work within. The phpbb3 coding that we're using, however, is a very big box. Say we make a promo video. I can easily embed that wherever I want with the regular code. I can't with Forumotion. I'd like to have a nice iTunes album scroll type menu to select subforums. I can do that with phpbb3, but not with Forumotion. Even small stuff like changing icon, smilies, graphics, etc. is easier in the basic code than it is Forumotion.

Avanti, good to know. I see Trip on every once in a while on BF3 (well, I think it may be his g/f), I'll see what I can figure out...

One nice thing about Forumotion: there aren't ads everywhere. There's that one banner, and that's about it. Not bad if you ask me. Some other sites are like 50/50 ads/content.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Wed May 08, 2013 4:25 pm

Simcik wrote:… Forumotion gives you a rather small box to work within. The phpbb3 coding that we're using, however, is a very big box. …
Is it like Sim's box big? Or just like, Earth big? Perhaps it's only Montana big?
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Thu May 09, 2013 3:23 am

I think one thing we lack as a whole is media.

We should have more pictures for sure, and video. Pictures we could all help with, but video I'm not too sure how to achieve.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Thu May 09, 2013 1:05 pm

StalkerStang wrote:I think one thing we lack as a whole is media.

We should have more pictures for sure, and video. Pictures we could all help with, but video I'm not too sure how to achieve.

does this help? Web Hosting Chimps-1
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Thu May 09, 2013 1:45 pm

Yes....

Web Hosting Tickle-me-obama
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Thu May 09, 2013 5:02 pm

Josh, Stalker.................................................................................classy.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum