Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASCAR Discussion

+8
Simcik
HarlenAss
Remaggib
Avanti 63r1025
C4PT41N SL0W
Smus
Ex US Squid
TuxTshirt
12 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

NASCAR Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: NASCAR Discussion

Post  Ex US Squid Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:27 pm

It will be. I worked for American Fence Co. for a couple years. From what I can see in the camera angles it is built in segments that are semi permanent. Much more expensive but strong, durable and relatively easy to replace sections so I feel it will be ready to go tomorrow. Possibly a slight delay depending on how much damage is done to the anchors in the concrete and the concrete integrity itself. So far it appears that all will be ready for tomorrow.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:15 pm

28 total injured. 14 treated on site, 14 more treated off-site. Of the 11 that went to Halifax Medical Center, I heard all are stable. Two people in critical, but stable, condition. One is a minor. My prayers go out to all that were injured.

The 500 will start as scheduled from what I just heard. NASCAR reported it.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:38 pm

Yeah. I'm glad I didn't go. I sat in that exact same area during the 24 hr race. It's kinda ridiculous how close you can get to the track at those speeds.
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:56 am

Funny thing though Josh is you actually are in more danger driving down the freeway than watching a race in the stands. But like most all things in life, there is always the plausibility of something disastrous happening. Its so hard to plan for something that is so variable and unpredictable in nature.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:21 am

So, I just found this. Scary shit:

TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:34 am

Very scary. However, I think the people who are blaming NASCAR, or anyone for that matter, is just stupid. This was an accident. Sitting that close has risks, and people know it.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:48 am

Ex US Squid wrote:Funny thing though Josh is you actually are in more danger driving down the freeway than watching a race in the stands. But like most all things in life, there is always the plausibility of something disastrous happening. Its so hard to plan for something that is so variable and unpredictable in nature.

Yes, that is correct. However, Daytona's seating arrangement is still 'old school' and I think very out of date. Every time I go there I thought to my self "man, an over turned car at the right angle to do some serious damage to some fans". Last time I thought that was last Friday's ARCA race (GOT PRESS BOX SEATS IT WAS BORING, BuT COOL CUZ PRESS BOX). It'll be interesting to see what Daytona does after this weekend. Be it upgraded DOUBLY upgraded fence safety, especially the part where the swinging door for fan entrance to the track is. Or removing 5-8 rows at the front. Who knows.

NASCAR Discussion - Page 12 Poor-a10
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:06 am

Removing rows at the front won't prevent what happened though. Considering parts flew up to the 2nd level and hit people, they would have to eliminate any seating near the turns. I think maybe more tension cables would help, as well as maybe doubling up the fence. Really, considering both tires and the engine came free from the car, the catch fence did alright only letting 1 of the 3 large pieces very far through. The other tire and engine were caught, and dropped right inside the wall.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:30 am

Josh on ze bass wrote:
Ex US Squid wrote:Funny thing though Josh is you actually are in more danger driving down the freeway than watching a race in the stands. But like most all things in life, there is always the plausibility of something disastrous happening. Its so hard to plan for something that is so variable and unpredictable in nature.

Yes, that is correct. However, Daytona's seating arrangement is still 'old school' and I think very out of date. Every time I go there I thought to my self "man, an over turned car at the right angle to do some serious damage to some fans". Last time I thought that was last Friday's ARCA race (GOT PRESS BOX SEATS IT WAS BORING, BuT COOL CUZ PRESS BOX). It'll be interesting to see what Daytona does after this weekend. Be it upgraded DOUBLY upgraded fence safety, especially the part where the swinging door for fan entrance to the track is. Or removing 5-8 rows at the front. Who knows.

NASCAR Discussion - Page 12 Poor-a10

lolz

Now here's a question...with the new collapasable saftey wall in place...there's more of a gap between the wall and the fence...I watched the replay a bunch of times and if the non-saftety wall was in place, the car would have flipped and spun but the cars wouldn't have been able to ride up and slam into the fence as high...so if they wouldn't have the "safety wall" in place, would the same thing have happened?
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:04 pm

Well, there goes part of my fantasy team... Seriously, that wreck took out most of my team (Thankfully, they were the bench side, not active.) and about 2/3 of the top contenders...

Last edited by Simcik on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:11 pm

Looks like Gordon, Kyle and Danica are still in it...you and I both picked JPM lol
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:25 pm

I'm kinda liking the new-er style of racing. single file, but still stacked up. So the broadcast doesn't have to worry about 27 different people racing for 10th on up.
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:24 pm

48. Yeah baby! Shame for Harvick and Stewart. Sucks to see two of the favorites wiped out that early. Cool to see McDowell, Yeley, and Patrick get top-10 finishes.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:27 am

Looks like BK and JJ picked up right where they left off... Should be a good season...

Hated to see JJ win, really wanted Danica and Biffle to go for it, but they wouldn't pull the trigger...

And quiet frankly, aside from the wrecks, I thought the race was boring. I wish they'd force factory-fit panels and bodies, without all the aero, and leave the restrictor plates off. Let the grip limit the speeds, and reward the good drivers naturally...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:10 pm

Wow! What a finish!
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:32 am

That was a hell of a move Hamlin pulled! And good job for the push truck getting the 33(?) car out of the way in time for the green white checkered.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:13 pm

Holy shit!!! Autoclub 400 at Fontana. EPIC!

Hamlin was hospitalized. I hope he's ok.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:16 pm

Here's another good one:
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:38 pm

I find it funny that Logano blocking Stewart on the restart caused Stewart to drop 20 positions at the end of the race. Stewart needs to just STFU and retire, I can't stand him. Logano isn't on my list of favorites either right now. If you hospitalize someone and rationalize it by a small incident the week before, and are unapologetic, chances are you're a douchebag. He'll get what's coming to him I hope, along with Stewart. And while at that list, Kyle Busch needs to quit whining all the time. If he's not winning, he's whining about something. Even during the interview tonight I was waiting for him to whine about something stupid, as seems his tradition on camera. NASCAR is getting interesting this season, but for the wrong reasons. Earnhardt took 2nd and is in the points lead, but they had to show the half bleeped interview with Stewart? Good priorities Fox.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:08 pm

I don't think Stewart needs to retire yet. Let's not forget, he won the championship two years ago. He's still got it. As for his comments, well, he was emotional. That's what happens in racing. Joey had every right to block, Tony had every right to be upset. Tony would have done the same thing had it been reversed, and Joey would have been pissed.

Rem, I'm quite sure Joey didn't know Denny was to be hospitalized. And let's be clear, racing hospitalized Denny. That was hard racing in turn four. Sure, Joey could have backed out, but Denny held him low. If you pull that on the last lap, expect anything. Good racing I say, and I heard Denny should be ok. He's just being monitored with some back pain. He was choppered to the hospital due to traffic I heard.

About Kyle, he's been pretty quiet this year. Sure he's historically had a big mouth, but he's maturing. Look out, a mature Kyle Busch can, and probably will, win a championship.

And I think NASCAR is getting interesting so far for all of the right reasons. There's much going on and the racing is good.

That's my take. You don't have to agree. Smile
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:44 pm

I thought Joey did it right. He tried to win the race. Tony would have blocked someone too. (I.E. Tux's signature on the FM forums.) And, Denny gave Joey no room last week - Joey returned the favor. Denny drove right up under Joey a few laps back and got him loose - kinda cemented the bad blood for the day.

also, what caused BK to fall back at the end? He restarted in 7th...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:52 pm

Usually I do, this time isn't much different. Stewart needs to just shut up and deal with it. He's emotional, sure, whatever, but it's a legit block and it was Stewart that caused Stewart to drop 20 positions, not Logano. Oh, and let's not forget that Stewart blocked fairly recently and wrecked most of the field at the end of the race. He's always the first to bitch about anyone else, but then does very little to apologize when it's him.

The report I was reading was (supposedly) after Logano found out, in a later interview with him, that he made the same comments. Yes, it was hard racing. Logano could have backed off a bit, but the bad blood between them was still too fresh and probably clouded his judgement. It was racing, Hamlin was choppered due to traffic, was complaining about back pain. This much I've read several articles on already. Nothing else though, which may and should change tomorrow I'd imagine.

Kyle may be maturing, but he's done a lot of whining in the past and it just takes longer for people like that to gain my respect. He can drive, I'll give him that, but as far as how much I like him, that'll probably never get into the positive. Eventually if he keeps his mouth shut and does show maturity, I'll stop hating him and he will be a neutral. Much like a lot of drivers. Don't want to see them hurt, don't hate them, not a fan. They're just there to buffer the field in my eyes.

The cars are proving interesting and difficult (and I wish iRacing would get someone who knows how to tune, and have them tune the cars for the weeklys) and are getting fun to watch. Just the coverage sometimes you wouldn't know what's going on especially with Fox reporting. Not a Fox fan at all, but they have the races in HD so it is what it is.

Side note, Tux I need to get your phone number or something, I saw you on but you were in a practice session and I didn't have the track. I just bought Indy so I can't buy another track for a few weeks but do want to run with you a while. I can't get a good lap in, can't figure out the turns. Brake, lift, full gas, everything causes me to wreck. Except in the races, in which case the other cars cause that.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Rem, check your PM. Also, trucks are at Charlotte this week and Nationals are at Oxford Plains. You should have both tracks as they come with the subscription. I'll definitely run with you.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Well, unfortunately, Hamlin is hurt worse than we thought.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2013/03/25/denny-hamlin-injured-joey-logano-nascar-sprint-cup/2018153/

I hope he recovers quickly.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue May 14, 2013 3:46 am

Kansas City wants to be first, in this ranking. Oh yeah, the article also upsets NASCAR fans.
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/top-ten-redneck-cities-ranked/story?id=19153779#.UZHrcMrhf2Y
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next