Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASCAR Discussion

+8
Simcik
HarlenAss
Remaggib
Avanti 63r1025
C4PT41N SL0W
Smus
Ex US Squid
TuxTshirt
12 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Sonoma - NASCAR Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: NASCAR Discussion

Post  Ex US Squid Sun May 20, 2012 6:24 pm

You talkin to the Nascar.com Forum Babies?
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun May 20, 2012 8:54 pm

Yeah, it's entertaining. Especially after a Jimmie win. Gotta bring the crying towels though.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon May 21, 2012 12:05 pm

Check out this little tidbit:
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nascar/story/2012-05-18/andretti-autosport-nascar-dodge-indycar-michael-andretti-danica-patrick

I hope this happens!
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon May 21, 2012 6:34 pm

Hell yea and I would love to see Furniture Row move over as well with the hopes that Dodge will get involved heavily (finally) with factory support to elevate the stature of that team who has been impressing me the last five years with the competitiveness despite the huge huge HUGE lack of funds just like the Jame Finch team. But with Busch driving for Finch I have to put my foot down and deny Finch any Dodge deal cause F that driver in his stupid face.

But how awesome would it be to see Andretti come over and outrun Danica the Wonder Girl week in and week out and also get a win first before she did after the whole fallout between her and the AGR team?
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Sonoma - NASCAR Discussion - Page 5 Empty SORRY TUXer

Post  Ex US Squid Tue May 22, 2012 7:05 pm

I hope you dont get upset with me Tux and in anger decide to deny me to tap that bumper but I just found out what Jimmie Johnson can spend his half of the Million bucks he won Sat night. I snapped this pic right quick cause he looks a bit out of place.

Jimmie needs a new pair of shoes and a pair of shorts that he didnt wear in middle school gym class!!!

Sonoma - NASCAR Discussion - Page 5 IMG-20120522-00054
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Tue May 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Yeah, I saw that too. I'm a fan of his, but not that wardrobe choice.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Thu May 24, 2012 10:44 pm

WOW!!! Almirola on the pole for the 600! Ambrose in 2nd. Jimmie in 3rd. Kurt Busch in the wall on qualifying. cheers

And what's up with EGR? No speed each week. I hope they get their shit together for the Brickyard.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:56 pm

Kurt Busch is at it again. Suspended for the Pocono weekend, and probation extended through the end of the season.

TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:01 pm

looooolz. I freaking love this guy! If only he'd win a cup race. IMAGINE the amount of boos you'd hear. As a kid I grew up as an auto racing fan, and a pro wrestling fan. The pro wrestling side is loving this.
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:14 pm

Oh, he wins cup races. The man is a phenomenal driver. He just has something eating at him. He's his own worst enemy right now.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:14 pm

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/NASCAR-Sprint-Cup-drivers-face-aggression-tempers-at-Sonoma-062212

From the article, NASCAR officials are considering a move back to the former (sports car course) layout. Yipppeeee! I love that 'ribbon' best.

Also from the article, Kurt Busch's favorite yoga position is the downward dog. That's too funny and there are a pleth … no wait, there are a cornucopia of jokes in that statement. I heard that and also thought of the Two and a Half Men episode where Charlie walked in on his mom doing yoga.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:57 pm

Yea I bet that has something to do with the infamous Nascar layout downhill right hander Turn 4. I really noticed in qualifying that the slow mo shots really captured just how incredibly violent the transitions are from inside curbing launching the car in the air as it rotates and just as the car gets all for tires back on the ground the outside curbing throws the car around again pitching them oh oh OH so freaking close to that outside wall. Just insane to watch them all flirt with pancaking the drivers side each time they get to that corner.

Oh and just watched the Nationwide race and was really impressed with Danica. She was a top 3 car all day if she would have been able to manage the couple lil mistakes but still was a top 5 car all day. I thought Jacques Villeneuve pulled the typical "Jacques late race panic and impatiently dump anyone near by" but after seeing the replay both slow mo and in car I feel that there was some bad blood between JV and Max Papis from last season when he dumped Papis wrecking them both. So when JV went inside Papis ran him in the dirt. JV bein the impatient guy he is never lifted and because breaking in the grass is less efficient he never had the chance to stop before dumping Patrick. Still the post race actions make me not like him. JV is just a F'in ahole. The guy said that Patrick getting dumped by his car had nothing to do with him so he didnt care at all. Fun to watch him race when hes not spazzing out and wrecking all over the place but I just dont like the guy.

Also cool that Nelson Piquet Jr held off the 18. Im anti Joe Gibbs Racing these days so always nice to see somebody beat JGR cars
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Also I caught this in the article and couldnt help but post it.

"...To prepare for the weekend, Busch participated in a couple’s yoga class with friends on Thursday. Busch described the experience as “fun.”
“The yoga was first time out — I’m a rookie,” Busch said. His favorite position? “Downward dog.”....

Really??? Wow so in the Navy we had mandatory PT and in a small squad I was in for a while we had a room in the building where we all would just show up and do weights, cardio or mat stuff. Well there was a girl that I call officer hottie that would always show up in tights and do yoga. So in some flirtatious conversation I asked her one day what the positions where. HA! I could look and it was all ok! Well "downward dog" is just a fancy way of saying "assume the position and grab your ankles" Shocked So thats Kurts fav position eh...

Ill just leave all the puns and jokes alone cause I know everyone is thinking of them anyways haha
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:19 pm

Ex US Squid wrote:Yea I bet that has something to do with the infamous Nascar layout downhill right hander Turn 4. I really noticed in qualifying that the slow mo shots really captured just how incredibly violent the transitions are from inside curbing launching the car in the air as it rotates and just as the car gets all for tires back on the ground the outside curbing throws the car around again pitching them oh oh OH so freaking close to that outside wall. Just insane to watch them all flirt with pancaking the drivers side each time they get to that corner.

Oh and just watched the Nationwide race and was really impressed with Danica. She was a top 3 car all day if she would have been able to manage the couple lil mistakes but still was a top 5 car all day. I thought Jacques Villeneuve pulled the typical "Jacques late race panic and impatiently dump anyone near by" but after seeing the replay both slow mo and in car I feel that there was some bad blood between JV and Max Papis from last season when he dumped Papis wrecking them both. So when JV went inside Papis ran him in the dirt. JV bein the impatient guy he is never lifted and because breaking in the grass is less efficient he never had the chance to stop before dumping Patrick. Still the post race actions make me not like him. JV is just a F'in ahole. The guy said that Patrick getting dumped by his car had nothing to do with him so he didnt care at all. Fun to watch him race when hes not spazzing out and wrecking all over the place but I just dont like the guy.

Also cool that Nelson Piquet Jr held off the 18. Im anti Joe Gibbs Racing these days so always nice to see somebody beat JGR cars

Right on Squid! It was an awesome race! And, I agree with you on all fronts. It seems that contact was more of a racing incident, although it was sparked by aggressive, late race, actions. But, as you said, I think JV is an exceptional driver and an exceptional D-bag! He even looks like an A-hole.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:30 pm

Running off on a tangent:
Sorry about the subtitles, Evelyn Harper demonstrates a downward facing dog.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD-m-GUTEPM
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:14 pm

Boogity, boogity, boogity, let's go road racing boys!!!!
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:48 pm

Its been crazy to see all the strong cars that started up front drop like rocks after so many laps on the tires. Biffle after 7-9 laps, Ambrose after 9-11 and Gordon after 12-15 laps. Also impressive to see MWRs strong run so far but we are only half way or so and plenty of strategy and tempers that will play out as we get to about lap 80-90. Thats gonna be around the last pit stops and the official "Go Time". Lotta bumpers will be used I bet!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:20 pm

Bowyer!!! Wow! Great race. I liked what I saw from Kurt. It was great to see him in a positive light, and that boy literally drove the wheels off that car for a 3rd place finish. MWR is a serious contender it looks like. Given a year or two, I'd say they're up there with all of the big boys. Shame to see Jeff and Marcos drop like stones, but Jeff rallied to 6th after some troubles behind Jimmie. I love road courses! Now, put one in the chase!
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:03 pm

Hell yea I want Road America in the chase! Or even the Canadian Villanueve track. And yea did you see on the G-W-C where the rear end on the 51 was sliding all over the place as he was warmin the tires?!?!?! Insane that with the broken panard bar that he even was able to run competitive at all and he was actually a threat to win Exclamation And also he finally didnt implode and fly off the handle or dump Boywer while he was showing signs of being faster. Yea MWR was stout. Sucked that Truex got dumped but it was gonna happen to someone. To bad Harvick couldnt have qualified better cause he was fast but mired in the mid 20s screwed him. Oh well, on to Kentucky. Hope Kyle continues to fall off the face of the planet and that Kayne makes the Chase!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:56 pm

Kenseth out at Roush after the 2012 season.

http://www.nascar.com/news/120626/mkenseth-out-roush-rstenhousejr-to-cup/index.html
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:49 pm

yea Roush spending all that money out of pocket with no primary on the 17 and Matty making 5 mill base salary was putting a hurtin on the Cat in the Hats wallet. Guess Stenhouse has more marketability to shop for sponsorship plus he wouldnt get but 20-25% of what Matt made in salary. I wonder if Ricky will jump in the 17 or if the number will be switched to 6? Rumor has it that Matt already has a deal to run at Joe Gibbs next year and its just not public. Supposedly with that already known to Jack Roush the announcement was made now to help give time to garner a primary sponsor for Stenhouse.

I wonder if this means that Logano is out of the 20? Lotta speculation on Home Depot supporting the decision to replace Joey with Matt. Also with Ricky making way to Cup, this means that FINALLY Trevor Bayne will have a full time ride and take over the 6 car in Nationwide. Supposedly the Kenseth move puts a monkey wrench in both Kurt Busch and Ryan Newmans plans for next year as well. I guess Newman was entertaining the idea of JGR since he most likely wont have a sponsor next season and Kurt was hoping and praying I think that he could get a break and join bro Kyle.

SILLY SEASON has just started!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Sonoma - NASCAR Discussion - Page 5 Empty Hey all. I dun went to the Sonoma race..

Post  Josh on ze bass Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:52 pm

Hey all. I'm somewhere in the middle of Texas right now, uploading a ton of photos to my facebook. Thought I'd share some updates..
Right now moving from CA to FL. before I left CA, I went to the Sonoma race, and it was fan-freaking-tastic. Was on turn 3. Could see T-3, 4, 7 and the esses. Great facility and great atmosphere... like any large NASCAR event, the parking was atrocious. The late race Dale Jr crash was RIGHT infront of me.

Here's a pic of the early morning in Texas, catch ya'll down the road.
Sonoma - NASCAR Discussion - Page 5 Texasm10
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:13 pm

That's awesome Josh! I wish could catch a Sonoma race. Anyway, have a safe trip. Talk to you soon.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:48 pm

SORRY TUX! Jimmie Johnson's day just ended with 34 laps still to go at Daytona. Hes failed to finish a restrictor plate race going 3 for 3 DNFs at Daytona(feb) Dega(spring) and Daytona(july). Jeff Gordon got raped by Bill Elliot completely unbeknownst to him and against his free will as he was following Biffle into the pits as Jimmie, Bill and a few others wrecked off Turn 4 and crashed through Jeff. Its just about GO time Im thinking. I have a feelin the finish will be a wild one just like the Nationwide race was!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Sonoma - NASCAR Discussion - Page 5 Empty Only pics of the Daytona Coke Zero 400 and Sonoma Safe Mart blah blah CUP RACE

Post  Josh on ze bass Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:05 pm

Hey folks. Settled here now in FL... managed to catch the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona and Sonoma in a 2 week span. GREAT RACES. I didn't really take the time to take any pictures because it was much too fun not to Smile

Here's the one shot of Sonoma. I was on Turn 3 / 3A. It was probably the best vantage of all the track. I could see T-3,4, 7 and the esses. Sonoma - NASCAR Discussion - Page 5 Sonoma10

Here are the two only shots of Daytona. Just have them as proof that I went. Sorry for the low quality, it was shot with my non-smart phone. btw, Daytona is THE greatest race in the world. 500 or 400, you gotta go. Sonoma - NASCAR Discussion - Page 5 Coke110 I was sitting 34 rows up, at the entrance of Turn 1. Where, yes, the big one happened right infront of me. It was epic. Smile Sonoma - NASCAR Discussion - Page 5 Coke210
Catch ya'll on the flip side of stuff. -Josh
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next