Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Shatter!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shatter!!!!!

Post  StalkerStang on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:32 pm

Alright dude, I'm done with my router/modem combo. Mad

Its really inconsistant, it works fine and gives me 25-30 megs down and nearly 10 up, then decides it doesn't want to work and tonight, gave me 0.02 down and 0.1 up. I have to reset the fucker way too often and I wonder what it does when I'm online.

I'm looking for a good modem and seperate wireless network capable router that has hard line connections as well.

I would like to get everything at Best Buy since I have a card with them and I don't have to pay up-front. I don't mind spending a little bit to get a better product. What should I get?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shatter!!!!!

Post  Sorta05 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:08 pm

I thought my router was dyeing a while back (turned out to be a firefox problem) and did a descent amount of shopping online for a good replacement. Bottom line... nothing gets a better rating then the old linksys (blue and black with 2 antenna's and what I currently have). Sad that nearly a decade later and they can't top it.
Sorta05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:01 pm

New set-up in time for tonight's race. I hope its a good as it should be.

Modem:

Zoom 5341J: DOCSIS 3.0 8x4 unit, worked nearly right away.

Router:

ASUS RT-N66R: Dual Band Wireless-N900, supposed to support 450Mbps @ 2.4 and 5 GHz. The gateway was much easier to access over my pos Motorola unit and I was able to assign a static IP for my Xbox, and then DMZ it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top