Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speed Secrets

+3
Smus
TuxTshirt
Avanti 63r1025
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Speed Secrets - Page 2 Empty Re: Speed Secrets

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:31 pm

I think this whole debate is quite simple.  Money has nothing to do with talent.  Dedication, attitude, adaptability, willingness to learn, and focus to name a few have more to do with it.  Let's face it boys, there are douchebags in every class.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:24 pm

Talent isn't directly connected with money though having "enough money" is nice to learn/acquire more talent. Enough being an amount to afford racing school(s), a good learner's car, safety gear, etc. Enough money and an open mind are two keys.

I can summarize it this way: Extract the most out of what you have. If you have more, you'd better extract more. It's also sort-of the foundation to SABRmetrics / Moneyball. We could extend it into Forza with the PI system, and is where I came up with a bonus points structure for cars with fewer PI points.

New tangent:

This is an event at Thunderhill in Willows, CA. The Cyclone turn looks like the Corkscrew though it has its own twist; Thunderhill's Cyclone is off-camber. That is, the turn is to the right and the track slopes down to the left. It's a funky feeling at race pace.

I like how this driver takes his time with some cars and immediately seizes the opportunity with others. It appears he quickly reads differences in speed and geographical location situations, which are two key components to being a good, clean racer.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:17 pm

Thunders "screw" is less dramatic... and you know I likes me some dramatics on track haha.   Dude got away with one on exit of a left sweeper with the silver Miata on the outside.  Mostly textbook but that move was asking to get wrecked... YOU KNOW FORZA AI WOULDA BRAKE-CHECKED HIM!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:25 pm

Not saying the guy in the video isn't a good driver, but it appears he has a capable car. He's passing people on the straights and in the turns. He is out-powering nearly everything out there.

And yeah he is a bit risky in some of his overtakes at 2:06 and again in the same turn at 4:15. The one at 2:06 was damn near Harlen status.

As for money, if I won a bunch of money somehow, I would totally buy my own off-road team and buy my way into the Lucas Oil series or similar. I probably won't be any good at first, but I would learn and figure it out over time.

Money may not equal talent, but it makes it a hell of a lot easier to get it!
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:26 pm

Good bit on performance braking. Short too, three ¶, three columns.
http://www.derdizmedia.com/publication.aspx?pid=38&pkey=bfvjueqfa&pageid=24
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum