Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ken Block Gymkhana in S.F.

4 posters

Go down

Ken Block Gymkhana in S.F. Empty Ken Block Gymkhana in S.F.

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:20 pm

I'm not a gymkhana/drift fan per se, though this is a car purpose built for a duty and I am impressed by what Ken Block can do with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuDN2bCIyus

The description says it was filmed over four days, which must have been nuts for residents and those who commute into the city to work. Hell, the opening sequence has Ken Block on the upper deck of the bay bridge (all to himself) heading from the Oakland side to the city of S.F. That in itself is a catastrophe to those who commute. I'd hope they left the lower deck free to have people leave S.F. and go to Oakland while that shot was taking place, though I don't know for sure.

Each section had to have been shut down for filming. 1,000,000 people live in and/or work in S.F. on any given day so to have different sections shut had to have given headaches to more than a few people. I recall when The Rock was being filmed, my dad worked in the city and came home frustrated because of the detours.

I'll have to take a closer look at his route. I could probably come up with a distance/time equation and figure his ave. speed. I know he ends up on Mt. Sutro near Sutro tower.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Ken Block Gymkhana in S.F. Empty Re: Ken Block Gymkhana in S.F.

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:46 pm

Oily shit!! That guy's insane.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:09 pm

Nice!
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:12 am

Yea his level of car control is insane in those "somewhat" controlled settings! Im not sure why he hasnt been able to apply that to the WRC just yet. Im hoping that he figures it out cause its insane watching him do the Gymkhana vids! And he/Ford/DC shoes must have a $hit ton of pull to shut that much of the city in the most popular section. He came so F'n close to slappin a couple walls there haha
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down