Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Horizon release video

+5
Remaggib
Avanti 63r1025
TuxTshirt
StalkerStang
Sorta05
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Forza Horizon release video Empty Forza Horizon release video

Post  Sorta05 Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:41 pm

Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Forza Horizon release video Empty Re: Forza Horizon release video

Post  StalkerStang Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:53 pm

Eh... Neutral

Can't say I'm all that excited about it. I like the open, street like driving, but I can do without the import/hip hop/techno/drift BS..... I really dislike how "goin to da club" is now part of car culture. Give me my metal music, and REAL racing. If any of these racing game developers went to some real street racing, it would paint a much different picture.....
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:17 pm

Supposedly that's what the import NOPI scene is like... can't say I've ever been to one though.

I think it's ironic how they put a lot of the stuff in this game that was expected of Forza 4. Night racing and dirt/gravel for instance... If it has NFS physics I'm gonna pass. If it has Forza physics it might be fun.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:33 pm

That is what NOPI is like, but NOPI is an event, not a random gathering on the streets like it has been portrayed by a lot of racing developers.

I've raced on the street, probably more than I should, and the loud crowds that play music and start shit with eachother do just that, hardly ever see them race, and when they do its in the middle of crowded city streets where they get rolled in their 16 second cars.....

Guys with the fast cars are much more subtle, and go where other people and traffic are not....
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:49 pm

StalkerStang wrote:Eh... Neutral

Can't say I'm all that excited about it. I like the open, street like driving, but I can do without the import/hip hop/techno/drift BS..... I really dislike how "goin to da club" is now part of car culture. Give me my metal music, and REAL racing. If any of these racing game developers went to some real street racing, it would paint a much different picture.....

lol! Right on about the import/hip hop.......nonsense. It's kinda cheesy. Open world does look cool though. So does night driving!
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:52 pm

Horizon should have Forza physics, at least they should start with Forza physics. Where they go from that point, who knows?

I actually like some gaming aspects of Horizon. I like that we see working headlights and night time. On a related note, some folks hacking through Forza 4 have found that Turn 10 modeled popup headlights on cars with them. There are photos online showing Forza 4 cars, headlights in the open position though not on. I believe Turn 10 had full intention to include headlights and night time before, they just ran out of system resources. Forza Horizon looks like it'll remove some things to add others. Forza Motorsport will have to wait until a next generation console.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Avanti 63r1025 wrote:I believe Turn 10 had full intention to include headlights and night time before, they just ran out of system resources.

They could have saved a lot of space and resources by not including 8 variations of the same car with different liveries. Or Autovista. Or a lot of the other garbage they felt they just had to throw in. I'll be renting Horizon for sure, but if I buy it it will be because it's a real good price.

Just in case you don't remember, I held off on buying Forza 4 until Black Friday, when I got it for $28. And the ONLY reason I was able to justify to myself buying it was because some of you (you know who you are) were in a series and showed interest in having me occupy the rear of the field on race day. If I can get back on track with the Rolex series that will be great but otherwise once some lower class racing starts happening I plan on being there.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:45 am

wompwompwompwomwpwompwompwompwompwompwompwompwompwompwompwompwomp crappy dub step.
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:42 am

And one shot over someone's shoulder- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKz_1eiyGos (Everyone here will appreciate the comment circa 0:59)
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:44 pm

Still on the fence. I like the open world, I like that the upgrades and paint are still there (but in what form?). To me it seems like a Need For Speed crossed with Forza. Cool idea, but I hope the "culture" that they are so proud of is somewhat accurate, not a over exaggerated Fast & Furious world where nothing is remotely close to reallity.

And I hate techno.....
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:18 pm

I'm actually kinda looking forward to it... even though the music festival could be more like Warped Tour or Coachella or something. Driving fast cars on dirt roads and through mountains passes/canyons is my idea of a good time lol
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:49 am

Also these are the guys and gals that developed Dirt, Grid, and Colin McRae Rally. These guys are awesome so I figure they wont F this up to bad. Seems they are taking all the physics from FM4 and with the saved disc space with the lack of cars and options they were able to add the dirt and night time racing. I bet the driving portions are actually rather impressive with the fact that there are over 100 different types of road surface traction and refreshes so many times a second that you cant even tell its doing this. I bet this game plays like a much better version of Test Drive Unlimited 2 which in its own right was a decent game and kinda fun.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:38 pm

Figured I would update anyone who gives a shit but I have just started to play the new Forza Horizon demo. Its 1.57gigs and so far it feels alot like a mashup of Forza, NFS, and TestDrive Unlimited.... go figure right? Ill give more details later on after I play it more than 5 min.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:28 pm

Finished the demo. The sensation of speed seems way off for some reason. The evo feels really really slow. The physics are certainly better then most of the other open world racing games but something seemed off from the normal forza physics... I dunno maybe it's just my imagination. Graphics weren't anywhere near as good as Forza 4. Dirt road physics didn't seem right.... I know a stock evo isn't super fast but it wouldn't even spin the tires in a drift... doesn't it make the same hp as a WRC car (albeit heavier)?
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:48 pm

I HATED! the physics.... I felt like there was a gravity field holding my car from making any sudden movements. The game is 1 Bazillion percent arcade. I figured as much but now that Ive played the demo I feel like there really isnt any reason to play the full game... I got what I wanted out of Horizon... I wanted a taste just to see for myself and now Im satisfied. Back to a real racing game!

Horizon feels like they copied all the big features of Test Drive Unlimited 1 & 2, NFS series, Project Gotham Racing, and Burnout and mashed them all into a Forza like model. Graphics were ok but overall the game feels way to gimmicky for my taste. I dont know... I just dont like it.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:36 pm

I found it funny that:

I got a "near miss" for hitting a car.

I get more points for doing damage to more stuff.

I get MORE discounts for vandalism. (Destroying signs for a parts dealer)

My Viper could spin the tires through 2nd gear on asphalt, but can't spin the tires in 1st or 2nd gear on dirt. (Only assist was auto-clutch)

I drive off the track (demo has off-limits areas, I went into that) and get placed back in bounds, and get a "great 180".

There's other stuff I didn't like about it, but that's just what popped into my head at this moment. I take back what I said, I probably won't be renting this unless I get a free rental, or at least half price. No way in hell I'll spend $7 on a week's rental. Great job Turn 10, you helped make Need For Speed: Forza.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:08 pm

I've played the Horizon demo also and I like it for what it is. It's not Motorsport, it's just a branch off it. This is what we needed.

I didn't expect Horizon to be anything this group would wet their pants over. Don't be despaired because Horizon is not what we want, be ecstatic because it's what the 8-year old crashers want. Hopefully this game pulls them all away from Motorsport. Playground Games can add neon underglow, 25° (or more) of negative camber, and all kinds of other all-show-no-go garbage. I'll play Horizon when I want to step away from realistic track racing.

Now Turn 10 can focus on making Motorsport that much better with other real world racing features: filling a fuel tank with n-amount of fuel, the return of qualifying & the drivatar, chassis ballast, engine tuning, and more. Turn 10 can also utilize coding tricks from Horizon; tricks like headlight illumination, the day/night cycle and tire traction on assorted surfaces.

The next Forza Motorsport, on the next XBox console will be one sweet simulation.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:00 pm

Turn 10 didnt make Horizon. All they did is lend some coding for things like the car models and lighting engine to Playground Games along with the Forza name so I dont consider it a Turn 10 game. I do however see this as a good thing for the future of the Forza Motorsport franchise and look forward to hearing a bit of news about the FM5 by end of next year.... maybe even at E3 but I doubt it to be that early.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:36 pm

Okay, totally agree with you that the game is not realistic - however, it was fun! I might try to pick this up pre-owned or something... I like the premise. I enjoy the open-world driving sims, as I enjoy driving all too much. Anyway, this would allow me to do that. And sometimes it is nice to go bash into things...

Oh, and I loved most of the music. I listen the BPM and Area alot on SiriusXM, so I was right at home. However, they should have had some classic rock music too... My musical moods change, ya know...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:35 pm

I never pictured you as a Dubstep guy Sim.... explains alot though...
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Radio Presets:

The Highway
Prime Country
Hair Nation
Classic Rewind
80s on 8
Hits 1
BPM
Area
SiriusXM Chill
Watercolors
Blue Collar Radio
Fox News

I'm all over the place. I also listen to NASCAR Radio, Outlaw Country, & Ozzy's Boneyard alot...

You should see my iPod...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:11 pm

Im sure its just full of Cyndi Lauper and your most listened to song is Girls Wanna Have Fun
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:12 pm

Umm, no... That's on the g/fs iPod.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:20 pm

Simcik wrote:Umm, no... That's on the g/fs iPod.

Does she know you use it that much? lol!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:27 pm

Wow - what would y'all do without me? You'd have no one to pick on!
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next