Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Forza shortcomings and new ideas

+6
sbclowrider
Simcik
Ex US Squid
Smus
Sorta05
Avanti 63r1025
10 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

shortcomings - Current Forza shortcomings and new ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Current Forza shortcomings and new ideas

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:51 am

Tuning: Give boxes for us to checkmark. These boxes (un)lock certain aspects of your tune. Have these locks apply regardless of gift or storefront. Want to post a tune on your storefront though allow buyers to change ride height? Check (lock) all except for the ride height. This coding ability has to be plausible.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

shortcomings - Current Forza shortcomings and new ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Current Forza shortcomings and new ideas

Post  Sorta05 Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Split screen racing needs to have the same flexibility as an online game for setup options. They also need to add split screen drag racing back into the game... Very disappointed to find this feature gone when I was playing the game with my brother last night.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:50 pm

I think split-screen left and right would be good for drag racing, with one tree centered on the screen.

But before doing that shit, drag racing needs to be made more realistic and more accurate. Cars with slicks hook very well, especially 400 HP or so and down.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:17 pm

I've been spending a good amount of time with my dad lately, going on errands and working on his other cars (while I wait for my Miata to sell). In talking to him I've come up with some other ideas. He's a wealth of knowledge all across the automotive spectrum as he was a good age (graduated H.S. in '67) during the awesome time of cars and was interested in cars from all over the world. Between he and his two younger brothers there is a lot of automotive history tucked into their brains.

I was talking to my dad about some historic Benzes (6.3L & 6.9L of the '70s, and the '50s gullwing). The 6.3L & 6.9L cars had some pretty trick rear air bag suspension systems … well, trick for their day. Under the rear passenger seat is a bottle of liquid nitrogen, used because compressed CO2 would require 800-some-odd psi. Liquid nitrogen can perform the same task with far less pressure. This is part of the 'bagged' rear suspension.

The gullwing, look at the steering wheel. That button isn't for the horn, that's the flash-to-pass button. Those Germans were thinking, man. Due to the doppler effect, sound isn't as efficient for getting someone to move over (at speed) as your headlights. When driving an engine or truck, fire fighters are cautioned about over driving their siren. Sound's slow. Ha! Chuck Yeager and other test pilots conquered sound long ago. Light is where it's at Wink

So, why did I bring this up in this thread? If we must have Autovista, include THIS stuff! I want to pan the camera low and angle it up to watch the rear suspension of the big Benzes put to work. I want the voiceover man to talk about the flash-to-pass in the '50s gullwing Benz, and that the horn is a button on the passenger side of the vehicle. As mentioned elsewhere, I want to see that honking Boss 429 crammed into the 1970 Mustang's engine bay; it's impressive that thing fits.

Clarkson does add some interesting tidbits in Forza 4's Autovista though I feel A.V. should bring up more of a historical aspect. Younger generations don't know what an 8-track is, let alone that (examples) Tucker's Torpedo was the first American made car with disc brakes, and its center headlight turned with the steering wheel, or Studebaker Lark wagons had a sliding rear roof (one could take home a Xmas tree or refrigerator, standing up).

New cars use these features though they aren't new ideas. There are many cars in the Forza series already with their own story to tell, and more get added though I am of the opinion that really cool information gets left out.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:01 pm

Or just more diversity in Auto, er I mean Ferrari Vista or at the least Euro Vista. I mean come on all the cars cept for the GT, H1, delorean, LFA and now the viper are Euro's and most of those are Ferrari. Ferrari hasn't been the only company to make cool cars...
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:36 pm

You're selling a Miata? Damn son, you could have driven it to Wisconsin, sold it to me, then flown the rest of the way to Maine!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Yeah Rem., a '94 R-package too, just like in the game. Laguna Blue.

piggybacking on Sorta's line of thinking: Deep-6 the Halo Warthog from Autovista as it's a ficticious vehicle. If Microsoft Game Studios wants to hire Turn 10 to do the work for other XBox games that'd be acceptable in my book, but those alternate vehicles should be kept in the other games, please.

I see how Autovista became Euro-centric, that was what Top Gear contributed to the game. It just happened to be the British Top Gear with Jeremy Clarkson doing the voiceover work. Autovista has its perks though United States vehicles are poorly represented and Japan is non-existent. I'd even go for a handful of different automotive historians being hired to talk about cars in which they specialize.

Packard used the marketing line, "Just ask the man who owns one" and the Pontiac GTO ad campaign called their car a tiger. Pontiac's bid was to get on the tiger bandwagon of the era.

It'd be cool to see these facts further make their etch in automotive history. Put these in Autovista and expose/educate the younger generations to auto history.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:51 pm

To be honest I completely disagree about the Warthog. I freakin love HALO so I most likely come off very very biased. Yet I enjoy that theres cross game easter eggs like that. The hog didnt take up much space. All in all I doubt anyone could legitimately argue that cause the hog is there that it meant something uber cool to us hardcore sim racers was left on the cutting room floor. The Autovista as a whole on the other hand I would never make that same statement. But the Hog was great and I loved how they got Jen Taylor who is the voice of the AI Cortana in the HALO games to do the voice over for the Warthog. I know you guys dont give a crap but still neat.

EA did the same thing with Mass Effect 3 and the now defunct series Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. If you played the Demo there was some sweet weapons and armor that would show up in ME3 with the KoA:R style skin and names. The armor even came with a blurb that the Armored Combat league champs used that armor that was inspired by an ancient hero from the past.

I know! I know! WHAT A FREAKIN NERD! Go calculate your projected taxes for 2022 nerd! Overall Im ok with the lil stuff like this. If it was harmless in scope then it cant hurt. And if the Autovista and the like in FM4 paved the way for Horizon then great! That means there will be more room on discs for upcoming Motorsport games with the arcade branching off. Also with the addition of NextBox capabilities I wouldnt worry and get to bent out of shape over all this. FM5 will be great. Just watch. Like most anything in life there are necessary evils and I think Autovista is one of those.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:44 pm

Make the online game play more stable... I'm tired of having to restart my xbox when the game freeze's in the loading screen online. Seriously did this game ever get past Beta? I have to restart at least once an hour. What a load of bullshit!
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:28 am

Hire some people that run the COD servers.... Way more things going on and on a much larger scale and their shit runs amazingly well.... even when there are issues, they are usually resolved in-game and don't take too long, it usually just picks another host...
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:45 am

The freezing once an hour sounds like your Xbox(s) are getting overheated. I bought a small laptop dual fan cooling pad and have it sitting under my xbox thats standing up and it makes the temp dramatically cooler and has caused a ton less hanging and freezing. Used to have the issue with big games like Oblivion where I would be playing for hours on end with no break. Its worth a shot Sorta
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:55 pm

He could be talking about how the room will hang on the loading screen going into an online race. Which is just ridiculous that it does that. I usually have to back out to my dashboard, but have had to restart it a few times as well.

Does it say anything that I look forward to the day I find out the release date for GTA V more than ever seeing another Forza title? Especially after Forza 3 and 3.1 came out, I've really lost interest. I enjoy the occasional racing, because it's the only game that I have that I can race online anymore. And I enjoy beating up the cars that came with the game, because at least their damage shows up a little bit. I hit the pit entrance wall at well over 100 the other day, and rolled onto my side (transit van). I had a dented bumper. Really? I could continue my rant but I'll leave it at I want more realism and less autovista.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:23 pm

Don't think it's over heating... my xbox is the newer slim and it's out in the open where it can breathe. I think it's just the loading screen hang on multiplayer, cause I can hear everyone else complaining about having to restart.

Rem I'm with you on GT 5. If they had a descent car list that wasn't insanely Jap biased and actually had real car sounds I'd prob go back to GT. And even though the damage on Forza isn't that great it's still about 10x better than what GT 5 has. Same story on basically the entire sound department, it's not just the car engines that sound more realistic, tires, gear whine, wind buffeting, hitting the wall etc etc... are all 10x better then gt5.

Oh well the battle of gt5 and forza could go on for an eternity, to bad we can't combine the best parts of both series.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:35 pm

I think Rem. was talking about getting excited over Grand Theft Auto 5, where you can car-jack, maim, kill, and blow up cops. You know, to blow off steam. Wink
--------------------
I can't wait until Forza 5 honestly. With every game Turn 10 Studios has learned something new and brought new things to the table. With every game they're getting that much closer to really cool stuff. The past three Forza titties (I mean titles) have been for one variant of XBox. One console, three sequels! That's asinine! Oh, and Forza Horizon is being released for the 360, so that's three Motorsports titles and one spun title.

I have heard people say, "The XBox 360 is just fine. It could be the last XBox." These people obviously don't know the computer world. The XBox is a computer and shit gets outdated in the computer world nearly faster than anywhere else. I built a pretty respectable computer in 2009 for 2009 standards. Psshhaw! Today it's just a computer good enough to get by. The 360 is not just fine. In order to put new features in Horizon, non-essential features (seen in Motorsports) will be removed.

So yeah, I am definitely in favor of a new XBox system with more powerful internals, and a new Forza game which takes advantage of said new XBox internals.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Yeah, I meant Grand Theft Auto. Still haven't announced the release date yet so I'm still sad.

Yes, it's time for a new console. I just don't have the money for one, and probably won't for quite some time. Oh well. rendeer <--- Random reindeer face.

Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:17 pm

Rem., don't say it's a random reindeer … that could mean you get a new XBox console for Christmas 2013. You gotta stay upbeat, dude! Smile

If you want to be random, select pig, monkey, cat, or alien. pig monkey cat alien or a farao farao Actually, farao + cat = great luck cheers
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:10 pm

Great luck, or a hairy 2-legged person that licks themselves. flower <-- Flower guy.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:05 am

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com/t279-add-lightness

While I understand it would be extremely difficult to add every feature (Displacement blocks in a fuel cell? Very cool for real world but probably quite difficult to program.) brought up in that article, adding a few things mentioned would still be leaps and bounds of improvement over Forza 9/16 × 2π.

A couple things I'd love to see are the ability to fill your fuel tank/cell as full (or as empty) before a race or qualifying event as you wish. Displaying the cross weight (also: corner weight or weight jacking) screen and adjusting every vehicle's ride height ×4 corners to change those numbers would be sweet!
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:30 am

Avanti 63r1025 wrote:… Ultimately I'd like to see Forza Motorsport ship with relatively few chassis and allow us to accurately build up varying trim levels for each car modeled. I'd also like to see Turn 10 eliminate duplicate chassis … Include only one on the disc, make each variant a different paint scheme, and give us drop-down menu options in the car name. …
Sorta05 wrote:I would be really surprised if the game isn't already coded that way Avanti. I doubt they have the entire car code over again for the similar cars. …
I might've stumbled over an answer to this. I'm tinkering with a particular historic series and both 1969 Camaros don't have the same upgrades available; a few things slipped through quality control.
The Z/28 comes stock with 15" wheels and the next upgrade is 16". The SS is equipped with 14" wheels and its next upgrade is 16". I think the '69 Camaro SS is supposed to be factory equipped with 15" wheels. If so then the next upgrade to 16" makes sense. Either that, or it really is supposed to be factory equipped with 14" wheels and the 15" upgrade got overlooked.
Also, The Z/28 and SS don't have the same roll cage modeled. The SS has an extra 'X-brace' below (inside) the rear window.
The roll cage error is nominal as cages and cage builders differ in real life. Not being able to equip the '69 Camaro SS with 15" wheels is a big swing-and-a-miss in my book.

There might be ways to have this happen to shared programmed chassis but these mistakes tell me they're separate coded entities.

Last edited by Avanti 63r1025 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:26 am

Avanti 63r1025 wrote:
A couple things I'd love to see are the ability to fill your fuel tank/cell as full (or as empty) before a race or qualifying event as you wish. Displaying the cross weight (also: corner weight or weight jacking) screen and adjusting every vehicle's ride height ×4 corners to change those numbers would be sweet![/size][/font]

Where do you come up with these ideas? Clearly this is the working of witchcraft! We all know this can't be done in real life, save your crazy ideas so Turn 10 can give us a more full auto vista experience in the next release.....

Either that, or I agree.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:56 pm

A partnership between ProRacingSim, LLC. & Turn 10 Studios now makes more sense than ever. Seriously, these two companies are deep into the world of digital automotive modifying. I suggested it before when I knew PRS only to be involved with the DesktopDyno simulations; they've since added FastLapSim and DragSim. Turn 10 could use some help in the drag racing aspect of their game and FLS could benefit from more car data. That would be just the starting possibility of what these two companies could do.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:13 pm

The drag racing aspect of Forza is far from realistic. A 250 HP car should be able to hook at full throttle with slicks. I used launch my 90 LX at 6500 rpm off the rev limiter and hooked, it made just over 320.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:54 am

StalkerStang wrote:The drag racing aspect of Forza is far from realistic. A 250 HP car should be able to hook at full throttle with slicks. I used launch my 90 LX at 6500 rpm off the rev limiter and hooked, it made just over 320.

But isn't Forza supposed to be a simulator? One of the best at that? You obviously had slicks made from the very same material half of Forza's grass is modeled after.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:32 pm

Remaggib wrote:… You obviously had slicks made from the very same material half of Forza's grass is modeled after.
Ha! That stuff is amazingly sticky though. It's like grass just oozing pine tar and maple sap.

Turn 10 chose to include sticky grass so track cutters couldn't gain any time advantage. I say the programmers should use elimination (a la the multi-player game setting). If you cut a corner to gain an advantage and don't give back the position, *poof* you're gone.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:38 pm

Better yet, force you to serve a penalty by pitting you automatically at the end of the lap and holding you there for a justified amount of time.

Or put you a lap down...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next