Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New york gone

+2
Sorta05
sbclowrider
6 posters

Go down

New york gone Empty New york gone

Post  sbclowrider Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:37 am

I guess I just noticed this but forza 3.14 does not have the new York track. Is there a reason for this? It was in the last two games. I never ran it by choice but it was fun sometimes.
sbclowrider
sbclowrider

Back to top Go down

New york gone Empty Re: New york gone

Post  Sorta05 Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:03 pm

I read somewhere that it wasn't going to have it. I have no idea why they excluded it though. I wish it had more real tracks in the game and less fake ones. I don't understand why they feel the need to waste time on tracks that aren't real. Why not do daytona instead of sunset? etc etc.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Far as I remember in the Pre Release Under The Hoods that supposedly New York didnt make the cut due to disc space and the fact that it was not as popular therefor getting the axe. Yea I always liked the New York with the chicanes. Was a blast to haul ass through there and nail the chicanes just right knowing that you were mere inches from total disaster. But I want the Salem, Oregon Costco parking lot for a race track... you have to be lightning fast reacting to the tiniest little holes where traffic or shoppers step just far enough out of the way to blast by. Could make for some nerveracking racing.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:06 pm

Sorta I heard that Turn 10 wanted Daytona but the cost was way to much so thats why we go Indy
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:12 pm

Well I"m glad we got new real tracks. I wonder how GT5 was able to flip the bill for it then... I think it's interesting that Forza claims to be ALMS's official game and they only have a couple of the tracks they race on in the game. Why can't we have Long Beach?
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:29 pm

Yea Long Beach, Lime Rock, Mosport, Mid-Ohio, the Baltimore street circuit, and Virginia International plus Id love to see the Montreal Cirque Du Gilles-Villeneuve. That Island track is EPIC! The Nationwide races there have been so completely crazy action packed from flag to flag. I would love to see the Cup series dump one of the boring cookie cutter tracks for Villeneuve. Spa, Monoco and Bathurst would be tight also and I WANT SOME DAMN 340 SMALL BLOCK MOPARS!!!!!!!!!!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:24 pm

Just stepped over to the dark side, picked up a PS3 and is currently downloading (this takes forever...my god...) GT5 XL or whatever...gonna give it a go and see how it is.

I'm really hoping that Forza "5" will have more tracks and options. I really liked all the tracks they killed off going from 3-4. New York and the Sidewinder Proving Grounds were great. I was shocked they cut the Amalfi Coast, I figured with the strong drifting community it would have been a welcome addition, along with some of the Sidewinder tracks.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:42 pm

I started out playing GT 1&2 and I beat 3 and 4. I tried 5, I even have a PS3 and after playing it a descent amount at a friends house I just don't think it's worth the price. The engine sounds really kill it for me. Poly just doesn't get what it means to make a simulation anymore. Plus I got tired of the overly obvious bias in car selection.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:48 pm

sbclowrider wrote:I guess I just noticed this but forza 3.14 does not have the New York track. Is there a reason for this? It was in the last two games. I never ran it by choice but it was fun sometimes.
Turn 10 Studios' new "image based lighting" didn't work well at the N.Y. track. At least, that's what we're told Razz

Ex US Squid wrote:Yea Long Beach, Lime Rock, Mosport, Mid-Ohio, the Baltimore street circuit, and Virginia International plus Id love to see the Montreal Cirque Du Gilles-Villeneuve. That Island track is EPIC! The Nationwide races there have been so completely crazy action packed from flag to flag. I would love to see the Cup series dump one of the boring cookie cutter tracks for Villeneuve. Spa, Monoco and Bathurst would be tight also and I WANT SOME DAMN 340 SMALL BLOCK MOPARS!!!!!!!!!!
w00t for small block equipped cars! Yes please. Anything 4.2L - 5.9L with extra emphasis in the 4.6L - 5.1L range.

In terms of tracks: Turn 10 is partnered with the American Le Mans Series and they've been releasing games on a regular interval since 2005. There is no excuse for them to not have every ALMS track by now. If we had all real tracks we would've never seen Maple Valley, New York, Sidewinder, etc. though I'd be fine with that.

Squid, you want an island track that's pretty cool? Belle Isle just outside of Detroit (tucked barely inside the U.S. border) is pretty freakin' amazing too. I recall watching Trans-Am race there in the '90s.

Last edited by Avanti 63r1025 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:34 pm

Island course? Montreal baby!
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:50 am

Oh YEAH!!!!! Avanti you nailed it with the lighting not meshing with New York.... All the Highrise windows F'd it all up
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum