Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Continental Tire Racing Series

5 posters

Go down

Continental Tire Racing Series  Empty Continental Tire Racing Series

Post  Smus Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:02 pm

is on Speed right now!
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Continental Tire Racing Series  Empty Re: Continental Tire Racing Series

Post  Smus Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Two HUGE wrecks in the first laps!
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:00 pm

Wow! Just saw the replay of that. Thanks for the heads up. Sucks for the Scooby, blown engine.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:35 pm

Was that the GT World Challenge? I just caught the last few laps of GT W.C. on the new NBC Sports channel and the VW driver screwed up bad two laps in a row on the first corner towards the last 5 min of the race or so. First time he just blew the turn in all together and wound up choosing to all but stop on the corner run off while doing a 360 in the wrong direction and then he appeared to not brake at all the very next lap and destroyed a Honda in the process as he careened off. I believe a Porsche won the overall with a Privacy Star paint job that was brighter and more colorful that Stalkers Mustang! I am getting Speed this week I think so I cant wait to be able to catch all the Sports Car races that Ive been missing! Like the 24hrs Le Mans!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Its kinda funny, Continental Tire was on at 11 AM CST till 1 PM, and I think Pirelli Challenge was on at like 2 PM CT. It was one helluva day for sports car racing, thats for sure.

Only got to see the 2nd Pirelli race, missed the first half...
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:44 am

The Grand-Am race from Homestead is airing Sunday at 10a Pac. / 1p East. on Speed. If you'll be watching roundy-roundy, put a recording device to work and watch Grand-Am later. alien
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:24 am

Is the Grand Am series going to be broadcast online at all? I don't get the speed channel Sad
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:47 am

You know, thats a good question...i dont think it is offered streaming online. Best place to check would be Speeds website but im sure you checked there.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:31 pm

I don't know of Grand Am streaming.... Would be nice if they did but Its freakin amazing having the entire live feed or replay of each Alms event with hardly a commercial break. Sucks watching the NHRA on xbox though cause they tend to have a lot of dead time inbetween rounds and they just show crappy camera angles of the track prep crews or horrible angles of some bracket classes....I'd love if they would put a bit more effort into filming the bracket cars. They can have some really good races
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:16 pm

Yeah I've been spoiled by ALMS on ESPN3. If only ALMS had more races or Grand AM was streamed. I checked speed and they had stuff up for the Rolex 24 but that's all. I love going to top fuel events! Although since they don't run a full 1/4 a mile it kind of takes some of the fun out of it.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Tue May 01, 2012 1:50 am

Crazy thing is that Top Fuelers still hit 330 MPH! 320ft less track and they still hit the same speed... I wonder if 330ish is limited by aero, engine speeds or maybe a lil of both. Theoretically if they kept accelorating at that velocity than most likely the speeds in the 1320 would be more like 375 I would guess but that's just me taking a ignorant swing at the theory
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Tue May 01, 2012 11:07 pm

Could be... I would think 340-350. At any rate they should run the full 1/4 so we wouldn't have to guess. If I had a full time slip from one of there runs I could extrapolate the data and get a better idea. (won't be all that accurate with just 3 data points or so though).
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed May 02, 2012 1:02 am

Well they had been running the Nitro classes so high strung the past decade that more common was catastrophic failures and this was showing that the shutdown distances couldn't stop a 300+ mph dragster or flopper with no shoots and an unconcious or incappacitated driver that can't hit the hand break in time. Last straw before the 1000ft knee jerk reaction was Scott Kalitta's death back in what? 2008? The idea was to give more shutdown room and lower mph down at the same time for aafety but seems the mph are right back up there because of the tech development. I think the max 90% nitro mix rule was a good though.... Some guys were running 98.5%!!!! Thata MF bomb on wheels haha and it showed with explosions happening to somebody every round causing oil downs and long long clean ups plus the injury possibility. All in all I think NHRA is closer competition now vs 10 years ago.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Wed May 02, 2012 9:24 am

I guess i'm just old fashion. Drag racing has always been a 1/4 mile race. Controlling the fuel mixture doesnt bother me to much. Obviously you dont want to slow it down to much though cause people will stop watching. So when Dale Sr died nascar didnt put bigger restrictor plates on, they addressed the safety concerns instead with innovations such as the safer barrier walls. Thats what i would rather the nhra try to do, come up with an innovative solution to making the race safe while still being true to the sports roots.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sun May 13, 2012 2:05 pm

Grand Am is going to Belle Isle off the Detroit coast; w00t! I like that course though I haven't seen much of it since I watched T/A in the '90s.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down