Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can someone tell me WHY?!

+3
Simcik
Ex US Squid
Remaggib
7 posters

Go down

Can someone tell me WHY?! Empty Can someone tell me WHY?!

Post  Remaggib Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:38 pm

I'm at a loss here. Last night I spent HOURS running 3 cars at the same track, lap after lap after lap. In hot lap mode, so I had a ghost to beat. I kept track of tire temps and other various stats, and after a sufficient number of laps I would restart, tune further, and run more laps. Again, I did this for hours.

I felt like running some laps tonight, so fired up the box. Decided that I want to get paid for running laps, since my contribution to AI ran me friggin' dry. I ran a 5 lap race with all 3 cars, one at a time. Noted the times, they were right around last night. However, on my 3rd run I was far enough ahead of the computer cars that I could look at tire temps and noticed an anomaly. The tire temps were WAY off where I tuned them to last night. Looking at the setup I saw that it did not save my setups from last night like it would if I tuned in career mode. Not a huge deal, luckily I saved them because a while back I noticed Turn10 would jew me out of any happiness they could.

So I was running times consistent with last night's times. If not a hair better. Now here's the sad part, and you'll already know this if you were reading carefully: My lap times were not only consistent, but a hair BETTER with NO TUNE, versus hours of tuning. This makes me sad and angry, slightly before ashamed, constipated, and sad again. Why do I spend hours tuning a car if the same times can be accomplished by not tuning? Am I just a glutton for punishment? Sad
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Can someone tell me WHY?! Empty Re: Can someone tell me WHY?!

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:54 pm

Yea that is a bit Israeli Rem but that Lambo is bad fast right out of the box with that default tune.... Seems its an anomaly amongst all the other downright retarded default tunes on most cars. I had a setup on the Viper that I started messing with over the weekend and now its all screwed up and the Israeli part is that I saved over the decent tune assuming the changes were in the right direction and now Im struggling to figure out what I had prior. Oh well back to the garage to screw it up some more haha, funny how out of greed and determination that we always think a good tune can be improved and that its never fast enough.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:57 pm

Simple.

You got better.

More seat time at the same track, in the same cars. Yes, you adjusted the tune, but you (being sensible) probably did so in very small increments, meaning the stock tune wouldn't feel much different.

I bet that if you went back to your tune settings, you'd be faster than your laps tonight though.

Also, how are you even tuning in the Hot Lap mode? I can't see "Tune Setup" unless I'm in "Test Drive."
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:49 am

Actually I was not doing small increments, nor was I changing one thing at a time lol... Maybe that was my problem?

As for tuning in hot laps, before you start, when you're at the track, there's an option to tune your car. Just keep in mind, that in Turn 10's infinite wisdom that the changes you make DO NOT SAVE so you have to manually save them if you want to go back to career mode and run that tune.

And for the Lambo being fast out of the box, I have to disagree. That's the 1 car that I was able to knock anything off my lap times with tuning, because it turns like a jet powered brick on ice in outer space. Well, to be fair, that's insulting jet powered bricks. It doesn't turn is what I'm getting at.

It is possible that seat time is improving me. I'm hoping that if I should run a tune I messed up I can get even better, but to be honest I'm surprised I was able to run the laps I did. As of yet I honestly think my time at Sunset reverse is a fluke, because I'm NEVER 1.002 seconds off the fast lap. So either I ran a fluke lap, or Squid and Tux are holding back or not posting times on the leaderboards. I wish people would post times, because the hot laps is how I get better since nobody ever wants to race with me Crying or Very sad
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:44 am

Rem Im down for some laps just about anytime so hit me up if ya see me online and Im not smart enough to properly sandbag. I tried it one time and didnt like the idea of not running as hard as I can so I always flog the piss out of my cars... probably why I end up either fast or wrecked each time I run haha... Ive thrown races away on the final lap cause I spun trying to go faster when just cruising to a win was what I should have done. To be honest I hate tuning anyways... I know what the car is doing that needs to be tuned out but I tend to not quite know what needs to be done to fix it
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:06 pm

I watch tire temps a lot, and tune camber accordingly. I originally had one goal, then Avanti posted something from Grid or Race Pro or some other racing title which made me re-think and re-tune my 02 Camaro for AI. While that alone was not enough, with my completely goofy way of math-ing I somehow stumbled on a setup at Catalunya that actually worked. I think it was there. It was 2 races ago, that's all I remember. In any case, that new method worked well. With these cars however, that method does not work at all. So now I'm back to my original thinking but have to run laps with that again, because after last night and how I'm faster with no tune, I got some serious thinking to do.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Tuning step 1: Drive the default setup
Tuning step 2: Drive the default setup some more
Tuning step 3: Drive the default setup even more
Tuning step 4: Drive the default setup again, think about what you think it could do better or what you could do better, change only your driving not the setup
Tuning step 5: Drive the default setup, use telemetry to figure out why it isn't doing what you think it could do better after you've corrected your driving
Tuning step 6: Make adjustments based on telemetry and feel (one at a time to isolate what it did)
Tuning step 7: Test your adjustments
Tuning step 8: Repeat steps 1-7, only the setup is no longer default unless you change it back

If you're not getting any faster with the tune, it's probably not the tune. I say this from experience. I'd be glad to help you Rem. If you want me to try to tune it and explain the changes I will.

You could also be going as fast as the car will go. I try never to believe that though, I always want to go faster. Just keep in mind, if the car feels perfect, it might be.

Last edited by TuxTshirt on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  sbclowrider Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:08 pm

i'll take your help if i need it tux
sbclowrider
sbclowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:45 pm

I'm pretty sure I added both of you guys, so if you're on and so am I, I'm almost always up to run some laps.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:45 pm

I've been looking for people online, if people are watching a video or doing something else I don't bother them. If they're in Forza I do though!

As for going as fast as the car can, I know it's got more in it, because one of the cars was the Viper which Squid ran a faster lap in. I know I shouldn't compare my times to Squid and Tux and Stalker, but I've heard pushing myself is a good thing. Though this feels more like being hit by a train than pushing. I just want to be competitive up front, and I know it's not going to happen. Some of the best racing in AI was when Avanti balanced the builds (pre-bucket) and I was able to keep up with Tux, and the first race where Turn 10 didn't like my Jew comment and they dropped me from the room when I was battling for 1st with Stalker.

I got tons more laps to turn, but I find myself getting frustrated because I can't run consistent fast laps. The only consistency I've found so far, is driving the Lambo off the track lap after lap, just in different places.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Just stop when you get frustrated. You lose focus when you're mad and it makes it worse. Again, I speak from experience.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Remaggib wrote:… Some of the best racing in AI was when Avanti balanced the builds (pre-bucket) and I was able to keep up with Tux …
That was my preferred method because it tailored the car to you for each event. Unfortunately it necessitated lots of extra effort coordinating lap times from the fastest racers and in figuring what it would take to boost the others.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum