Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A glimpse of next season

+3
Smus
Remaggib
Ex US Squid
7 posters

Go down

A glimpse of next season Empty A glimpse of next season

Post  Ex US Squid Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:52 am

So I have been talking to a couple teams the past few weeks in search of a seat for next season and I was pretty sure I would be inking a deal with Ralph Gilles, president and ceo SRT for Chrysler, to race the 2007 Dodge Viper SRT/10 Roadster and even had confirmed that primary sponsor Mopar Performance Parts would be on board for the full season. To be honest I didnt really think there could be a team that Id rather race for in the upcoming Forza-4 Road Racing Rolex series in the GT class. But I was rather floored when I got a call about a week ago from none other than famed racer turned race team owner Amato Ferrari of the famed AF CORSE race team based out of Italy. Amato speaking rather crappy English, which was a pain in the ass to understand what the hell he said half the time, wanted to offer me a seat the ex-FIA GT2 World Champion winning Ferrari F430 that has won titles from 2006-2009! I expressed my only concerns which were sponsorship to secure funding for the Rolex season and how much would be needed to be changed in order to homologate the GT2 spec car to the Rolex GT specs and he told me not to worry because the Italian medical company SaVir would be my primary sponsor all season and Michelin, BBS, and OMP were there as contingency sponsors. Needless to say I couldnt resist having proven winning car with the outstanding technical support of AF CORSE at my disposal. As much as I love my Mopars I have signed on to drive the #(-1) SA.VIR Medical Marketing Ferrari F430 and look forward to getting my first race going when the season starts in a lil under a month from now. Looking forward to seeing my AF Corse teammates race for the win in GT Pro at 12 Hours of Sebring this weekend!
A glimpse of next season AFCORSEF430
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

A glimpse of next season Empty Re: A glimpse of next season

Post  Remaggib Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:04 am

Wait, is that for Tux's series? I thought the builds weren't released yet. You know what happens to people with insider information don't you? Only if they're famous do they get house arrest and an anklet, the rest get actual behind bars time...

In any case, congrats on the sponsor, I'm just hoping the winnings from AI will be enough to afford a car for the Rolex series, and if I'm real lucky I can put gas in it before the race. Having dropped out of the top 5 in the AI standings, unless I win the next 2 races I'll be struggling for sponsorship.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:33 am

Well luckily I can say that Im part of the Tux T R&D team although he tends to just laugh at my attempts at giving data and lap information to him but have no fear Rem because its mostly just a shell at the moment. The Aero and Rims are series Spec but everything else is all up in the air until the final builds come out sometime around the end of the American Iron season. Still plenty of American Iron racing left but the Rolex season is creepin up fast. Just like info on a new big budget Xbox game coming out, more and more info will get released as the launch date approaches. I may not know exactly what my Ferrari series rules and specs will be just yet but I know that AF Corse will make sure the car will be sorted out just as well as the competitions cars come week 1. Amato didnt take to kindly of my ignorance and assuming that he was related to Enzo and the Ferrari gang... I figured what are the odds of him not being related having such a famous and relatively uncommon last name and being a factory Ferrari driver and now factory Ferrari team owner. Crazy but seems there is no relation. Guess the jokes on me. And Rem I know youre sandbaggin us saying you just hope you have enough money to get a car.... I bet you have a few offers on the way, and I have let it be known that all the American Iron racers dont mess around and will drive the wheels off any car they are in. So no worries mate cause the teams out there know youre rarin to go for the GT season. Plus I know you have millions socked away Rem. I remember you mentioning in the post race lobby along with Sim and Avanti that you were stashing tons of dough away for the seasons end points purse. If you wanted to, you can simply run all season out of pocket.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:24 pm

Nice ride! Ill be lucky to find a sponsor as involved as AF Corse. Hopefully as the series is more fleshed out and eligible vehicles are released the rest of us can find a car that suits and proper sponsorship. Also congrats on nabbing Micheline, BBS, and OMP...any info on if theyll be looking at others to sponsor?
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:50 pm

Yea I have a feeling it will come down to what platform you land in for what sponsors that will be available. A lil birdie told me you would be racing a car that used the #007 the past few years.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Two things:

1. Are cars and sponsors being assigned? Or is it like AI?

2. Your Ferrarri is still, technically, a Mopar. I expect you to represent this accordingly. That is all...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:52 pm

No cars or sponsors assigned. You have freedom to choose which car and sponsors. I will only force a few badges on general areas of the vehicle. I will inform more in-depth when things are finalized.

Last edited by TuxTshirt on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:54 pm

Well most of the credits stashed away were already promised as AI purse money, I'm just hoping to win some of that back. I did get a hold of the guy who owns Massive Speed Systems and he sounds willing to pay me to have his name somewhere on the car, with the contingency being I don't place last in any more races. I got some work to do!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:08 am

I'll sponsor you Rem. Smile
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:15 am

Ex US Squid wrote:Yea I have a feeling it will come down to what platform you land in for what sponsors that will be available. A lil birdie told me you would be racing a car that used the #007 the past few years.

Thats a very distinct possibility...if i do, i know that rear is wide enough to put a big sticker on.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:57 am

TuxTshirt wrote:I'll sponsor you Rem. Smile

Awesome, that will make for a sweet looking vinyl scheme!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Lots of TuxTshirts plastered all over your car is what Im envisioning with a bumper sticker that says "I like to party!"
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:38 pm

Ex US Squid wrote:Lots of TuxTshirts plastered all over your car is what Im envisioning with a bumper sticker that says "I like to party!"

Same thing I was thinking. Just a matter of getting said vinyls together
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:09 pm

I'll be pullin' a Robby Gordon and have my own (rather crappy) team.... and it'll be Mazda (I hope)
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  ceet34 Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:28 am

sitting in my garage sunday afternoon and my phone rings....who could it possibly be?? Just Alois Ruf Jr. asking me where to send the new rgt-8 that he would love for me to drive in the upcoming series!! now i just need to find some sponsors
ceet34
ceet34

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:20 am

Ceet, be sure you post a build thread!
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:30 pm

Those of you that have posted your builds in here. I won't accept it as an official decision until you confirm it on this page.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down