Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The B-A Race Discussion

3 posters

Go down

The B-A Race Discussion Empty The B-A Race Discussion

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:23 pm

Here's how the series took shape.

My initial thought (and the reason for restrictions in the rules) was to host sessions very close to Forza's event list with longer races (because 2 - 5 lap races are dull). This is why I have restrictions, I was going to have people race in superlight competition, FWD competition, etc.

The specific track/class pairings in this series are found in the Forza 4 event list. The list I've created is not totally synchronized with the game (B & D multi-class does not race at Sebring Short in the event list) though you will find separate B and D events at Sebring Short. Ergo, I tried to match the class to the track.

I know there are many different ways to spin this as we can make lots of words using letters from Forza's ratings:
SACRED RACE CARS ARE SEX
RACE CARS ARE BADASSES
CARBED BADASS CARS (limits the field to carburetor fed engines)
RACE CAR RD* (research & development. RAD* also for research and development)
it goes on …

I dropped the official races, kept the restrictions to get people looking at other cars, kept BADASSES, and to extend the list to 16 (14 venues) I doubled it. We don't have to keep this format if people would like to introduce C and R cars to their list. I also dropped a bonus scoring rule which would reward racers of fewer PI for beating racers of greater PI. A potentially massive rewarding experience at the venues hosting multi-class racing.

I will find more track/class pairings in case we make (a) change(s).
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

The B-A Race Discussion Empty Re: The B-A Race Discussion

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:22 pm

Im ok with the double Badasses format if thats the eventual choice of classes.  I worry that maybe some of my criticism has come off a bit too strong.   I definitely am excited for this series.   About as much as the 90s Stalker series which I have been touting for a couple weeks already so it should hopefully be known.   I guess maybe I had my heart set on the idea that we were building within the letter designated classes our dream lineup/garage of cars.   But after doing just that to the BA x2 it looks like I have a common theme.  I freakin love American and Italian 80s and 90s!   I do have some older and newer cars but they are all poster material.   There are no FWD or AWD on the list of mine though.   I did not set out to make it that way but it came out as such.   

I definitely like the series potential through and through so Im looking forward to hearing others thoughts on here and seeing what you eventually decide is best for your series Avanti.   Ill be in it to wreck.... errrr attempt to win it!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:32 pm

The most important thing for me is just to see us get the band back together after the winter break and go back to having a blast racing again.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:21 pm

Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  sbclowrider Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:15 am

Hey guys,

Its been awhile since I've been on here.  Just started a new job so I've been busy with that.  I'm in for this one if I can make the dates.
sbclowrider
sbclowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:01 am

No more pressin plates... or books..... or dudes.... I cant remember what you used to do.  Hope to see you online man!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  sbclowrider Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:31 am

I used to make books.  Now I'm an Architectural Drafter so now I design homes.
sbclowrider
sbclowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down