Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about standings

+6
TuxTshirt
StalkerStang
Ex US Squid
Smus
C4PT41N SL0W
Avanti 63r1025
10 posters

Go down

Discussion about standings Empty Discussion about standings

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:32 am

We have official locks for a few positions.

Starting with individual points: Ex US Squid wraps up the AIX-class title. I am the next closest in points but adding two wins and two pole bonuses means I only tie his current total. The fact I give DNS racers some points means Squid will earn the points necessary to break a tie. Squid, if you want to race in AI-class at Catalunya and at Road Atlanta, I will allow you that choice.

Coming from me, not as the series steward, but as your pesky Ford nemesis racer all season long, congratulations Squid. You kept those Chrysler cars running strong and it paid off.

AI-class is not a forgone conclusion. Stalker may not have the position mathematically locked away, though (thanks to the bucket) ceet or Tux winning two consecutive races is difficult. If/when Stalker punches through 352 points, he'll have earned the AI-class title.

Moving to the manufacturer's battle: With only thirty possible points remaining, Chrysler can not win in AI-class and General Motors can not win in AIX-class. In fact, those manufacturers are guaranteed last place no matter the results of these next two events. Simcik will benefit majorly in one way. He is the only Chrysler AI-class racer. Chrysler brass will pay him the whole (undecided) amount for bringing third place to his manufacturer.

The manufacturer's battle in AI-class is close. This race is far from over and will come down to the series finale at Road Atlanta for the top two positions to be determined.

Thanks to the efforts of Squid, Smus, and a few other early Chrysler racers, Chrysler wins AIX-class. Chrysler could finish last and Ford could win the final two events and Chrysler would earn the title by one point.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Discussion about standings Empty Re: Discussion about standings

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:32 pm

And I tried so hard Rolling Eyes to bring up those point totals up for GM in AIX too
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:41 pm

Im happy to say that ive helped out with the AIX manufacturers title (aint that what its all about?). Ill be working my butt off to try and keep another Chrysler in the top 3! Congrats to Squid on sealing up the title, and thank you Avanti...had it not been for you asking for another Mopar in AIX, i dont know if id be in the position im in right now.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Heck yea Smus... We've been a pretty solid team this season eh? Now if only I could somehow talk you into joining the dark side and running a F430 to try and make it back to back Manufacturer Titles!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:37 am

Avanti 63r1025 wrote:… If/when Stalker punches through 352 points, he'll have earned the AI-class title. …

… The manufacturer's battle in AI-class is close. This race is far from over and will come down to the series finale at Road Atlanta for the top two positions to be determined. …
Stalker earned a second place finish at Catalunya and in doing so added 26 points to reach his magic number. Stalker takes first place in the AI-class driver's championship.

AI-class manufacturers General Motors and Ford are tied for the lead entering the last week of competition but Ford's top AI-class racer will be in the penalty box for the finale at Road Atlanta. I heard scuttlebutt that Ford brass are scurrying to find contact information for F4H MOPAR. If efforts to reach him fail, they'll most certainly ask AIX-class Ford racers to forgo personal championships and fill the Ford gap.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:00 pm

I would have really liked to have those third place points all to myself, could have possibly moved me from last place in the standings
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:06 pm

It is a shame we can't get a Ford up front next race. No Mopar, looks like GM may take the title. Trip you listening? Might have to cook something up to put you up there with those guys, Tux is a damn good driver, but the Cobra has the power and top end to put some distance on the straights.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Captain Slow, don't worry about what the spread looks like, you're in a tie for 5th place as I see it anyway.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:59 pm

Congrats on the title Stalker!
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  ceet34 Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:15 pm

yeah congrats to stalker, awesome racing man!
ceet34
ceet34

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:22 pm

Thanks guys, I had some tough competition for sure. Had a blast racing with with both of you, as well as the other AI drivers.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  HarlenAss Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:00 pm

Congratulations to the Stalker Very Happy
Man what a fun time we all had running hard. Maybe just maybe I could of been more of a challenger for the points, but circumstances such as two DNF's didn't help my position any. Well, next go round I'll perhaps be able podium a few more times. Hopefully no more penalty buckets, Tux has got some well matched rides for us this time around. You know I'll be doggin any driver in front of me on track, I love trying to run down any driver faster.

Avanti, thanks for all the work and effort you put into American Iron. I'll pony up some credits to help with the purse payouts. Give me some indication as to how much is needed or others are putting up to help.
Please, please host a season two of American Iron, I just love racing the Detroit muscle cars. Guess I'll be retiring the Z28 for another day.

Sir Harlenass II
HarlenAss
HarlenAss

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:26 pm

I will be holding a second season of American Iron as these cars are incredibly fun. Season two of American Iron will use buckets on a sliding, rather than an absolute, scale. There will be three categories (aided / pure / handicapped) and each driver will slide through each category sequentially. This should keep the racing closer as players will race in the middle category more frequently. I may also only dock power from the bucket and allow racers to keep their traction.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:06 am

Avanti 63r1025 wrote:I will be holding a second season of American Iron as these cars are incredibly fun. Season two of American Iron will use buckets on a sliding, rather than an absolute, scale. There will be three categories (aided / pure / handicapped) and each driver will slide through each category sequentially. This should keep the racing closer as players will race in the middle category more frequently. I may also only dock power from the bucket and allow racers to keep their traction.

Great ideas. I think that will work better than what we have now. Not to mention, all of our series drivers are getting closer to each other in driving skill.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  sbclowrider Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:30 pm

That sounds good I will give some credits for the prizes too just let me now. I don't have time to play much
sbclowrider
sbclowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:07 pm

TuxTshirt wrote:
Avanti 63r1025 wrote:I will be holding a second season of American Iron as these cars are incredibly fun. Season two of American Iron will use buckets on a sliding, rather than an absolute, scale. There will be three categories (aided / pure / handicapped) and each driver will slide through each category sequentially. This should keep the racing closer as players will race in the middle category more frequently. I may also only dock power from the bucket and allow racers to keep their traction.

Great ideas. I think that will work better than what we have now. Not to mention, all of our series drivers are getting closer to each other in driving skill.

So true!!!

I recalled my first race the other day with this series (which was the 2nd of the season at Infineon's NASCAR Circuit), and how horrible I had been. I was missing apexs left and right, on the brakes at the wrong time, driving like the throttle was an on/off button - and by the second go round at Infineon, things had changed incredibly. The off-balance esses on the back stretch were fun (and super fast) this time around, not somethign to be feared or taken extra slow. Burms were my friend! And the throttle was a potentiometer like intended!

Quite honestly, before the last race I was feeling very, very confident in my ability to win. I knew that I had the fastest and quickest AI car in that race, and that if I could just manage any kind of composure I would walk away with the victory. I also figured that if I got the pole and won the race, I could move ahead of Harlen, and I fully intended to do so. That confidence did just come from nowhere, and what Tux said is so true - this series has made us all better. I seriously hope that by AI 2 we'll need 2 or more rooms every week.

Racing with you guys has been incredibly fun and incredibly rewarding. At this stage in my life, I cannot afford to race in real life, but this get's pretty damn close and feels pretty damn real. It is nice to spend time both on and off track with other gearheads like myself who understand that while this is just a game, it's also more than that.

I look forward to continuing to improve as a driver as we get into the Rolex series, and I hope that one day I can pay it forward like you all have done (and will undoubtedly continue) to do with me.

THIS. IS. THE. BEST. SERIES. ON. FORZA.

And ALL of you deserve credit for making it so. I am proud to say that I race with you guys.

Okay, no tears anyone, we're men afterall. Enough of this emotional gobbly-goop. Back to tuning on the SRT-10. That is all...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:17 am

Simcik wrote:

Okay, no tears anyone, we're men afterall. Enough of this emotional gobbly-goop. Back to tuning on the SRT-10. That is all...

Most of us....I have my doubts about certain sea-going creatures. Laughing
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:11 am

I give props to ya Sim, I've seen you progress, and a couple times wondered what the hell that buzzing sound was around me a few times, lol.... To the other AI drivers as well, I saw everyone improving race to race, and I was learning and improving my driving as well on the way, everyone has helped out, set-ups, driving tips, etc.

Thanks to Tux and Ceet too for keeping my driving skills up, nothing like having those 2 on your ass to motivate you to get your shit together, lol....

I want to thank Tux and Avanti for putting this on, you guys run an awesome gig....

This series is a blast for sure, lots of good guys running in it. I'm down to run with everyone again for sure!
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:44 pm

Yeah, it was definitely fun and I learned quite a bit too.... and still have a lot more to go

And as much as I'd like to run with y'all next season, I probably won't be able to as I may not be around
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  ceet34 Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:24 am

third shift strikes again, i tried to take a nap a couple hours before the race and i didnt wake up until about 3 hours after the race Sad
ceet34
ceet34

Back to top Go down

Post  HarlenAss Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:34 pm

By the way Simcik nice season finish (punk). Naw; I new my finish at Atlanta was going to suck bad (but not last place Doh) otherwise I had you. That car just doesn"t do well on 293 HP (penalty bucket). I knew everyone was going to trounce on me on the back straight. Well deserved closing to the season.

Last edited by HarlenAss on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong driver name on my rant)
HarlenAss
HarlenAss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down