Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rolex at Barber

+3
Simcik
Smus
TuxTshirt
7 posters

Go down

Rolex at Barber Empty Rolex at Barber

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:50 pm

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know if you're on, Rolex is at Birmingham right now. It's over in about an hour. On Speed. Good racing right now!
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Rolex at Barber Empty Re: Rolex at Barber

Post  Smus Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:56 pm

Hey! Thanks for putting that up, I thought I had my DVR set up to record...I guess not...
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:27 pm

Who was wrong? Check this replay. I think Angelelli was out of line. You be the judge. Live at 0:37, replay at 1:10 has good footage.

TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:56 pm

Got to watch the end of the race, but not the beginning, so I didn't see this.

To me, it looks like the yellow Vette got a little greedy. He really stuck his nose in there late on the left-hander, and when the red Vette hit him, he should have known that there was someone on his right. He cut way down and held the inside line on the following right, which in my mind, wasn't right.

He shouldn't just expect another racer to give up a spot so easily. If he stayed left and to the outside of the right-hander, and he should have still made the pass if he was that much faster...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:52 pm

It's funny, if Angelelli wanted to learn how to pass properly, he need only watch this replay and see what the 90 car did right in front of them. That's how it's done. Not by hammering your way through.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:42 pm

I caught the replay last night, fell asleep with 10 minutes left though
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:21 pm

It's not right to dive bomb late and expect that

1: the person knows you're there
2: the person that doesn't know you're there won't hit you on accident
3: the person you're dive bombing will give you room

Douche-bag move and it looks like the innocent got the raw end of the deal on that one.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:28 am

Max isn't called Max 'the Axe' for nothing; he's an intense and rough racer. He used to compete in Speed World Challenge for the G.M. Cadillac program. I recall him living up to his 'Axe' nickname then too.

I caught this action live and I have to add Darren Law was pissed! Not shown on the YouTube clip: during the ensuing caution D. Law got out of his car, approached the corner when the cars were passing slowly by, stared at Max's car, and repeatedly tapped his own helmet as if to say, "You are a bloody fucking wanker! Think, moron!"

Speed Channel later interviewed D. Law and he said there was enough room for them to race side-by-side. I wonder about his statement though. Agreed, there was physical room on the track, but since M. Angelelli early apexed that turn, forces pulled him to an early exit. Either you early-in/early-out, which at the very best slams the door on an outside competitor, or you must slow further and decrease your turn radius.

This incident is 100% Max's fault. A racer making a pass is responsible for doing so without issue. As you noted Tux, a correct example is shown during that YouTube clip, a little in front of the two focused racers. Max initiated a high risk pass at a high risk time and a driver suffered. It's too bad Max's car didn't get stewed in some way (loss of a front aero piece, snapped tie rod, etc.) just so he would have suffered a natural consequence for that decision.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  HarlenAss Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:45 pm

Max clearly did the fella wrong. He got cleanly enough under him in the corner; but when it came time to track out he clearly got greedy and wiped the driver off the track. I also would of been pissed off. What, No penalty???? The remember the AudiR8 that got side swiped off the track; the offender got a timed stop/n/go in pits. He's racing accident was not intentional; seemed to me he had a little irratic lane change going on that lead to the Audi going off. Max clearly, blatantly, put (Law)? off. "Axe Job" No No No
HarlenAss
HarlenAss

Back to top Go down

Post  HarlenAss Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:54 pm

By the way can we get one those Corvette DP cars in Forza. Suckers are sweet. Or how about real life production model of similar configuration.
HarlenAss
HarlenAss

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:41 pm

I would love Turn 10 to code some Daytona Prototype chassis, they are race cars after all.

Turn 10 partnered with the American Le Mans Series. I believe the ALMS would be more than a little peeved at Turn 10 for adding those chassis to Forza. Grand-Am and ALMS do not like each other, it balloons up to FIA (Grand-Am) versus ACO (ALMS).
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down