Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Rolex ride...

4 posters

Go down

My Rolex ride... Empty My Rolex ride...

Post  Remaggib Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:35 pm

So the other day I sold my car and was asked to deliver it. No biggie I thought, sure it's a few hours but what the heck. I load the car on the trailer and off I go. I deliver the car, get my money, and begin heading back. A fresh deer carcass as well as the drunk rednecks (you're welcome Squid) that hit said deer were in the road, prompting me to take a side road to go around. I have my GPS, so it's no big deal. Roughly a mile down this side road that I saw it.

My Rolex ride... 9rhhrc

In the distance an image appeared. As I got closer I saw what at one time had to have looked like a car. Now it looked like the victim of a tragic farm accident that was then enrolled in a demo derby and vomited on by a large section of the cast of "Girls Gone Wild".

My Rolex ride... 28b88ar
My Rolex ride... 4hwex2
My Rolex ride... R281p0
My Rolex ride... 2z895hy

It was a car alright, or it used to be. More along the lines of scrap metal but still I had to stop and see it up close. It was parked in front of an abandoned (or so I though) utility trailer out here in the middle of nowhere so I figured I was safe. As I'm looking over the car I hear footsteps.

I turn around and look into the eyes of a man no older than myself. He cut right to the chase.

"Ten takes it, if you get it outta here right now."

"It looks like it's in rough shape. You got a title for it?"

He fidgeted around, looking nervously down the road in both directions. "You want it or not? I gotta go."

"Yeah, but what's the story behind it?"

"Just give me the money and get it outta here."

About this time I'm starting to understand the story behind it, and am afraid to know more. "How about 5 and I don't call the cops?"

The guy looked at me and said "Fine, get it outta here and nobody gets the cops called. If you know what's good for you stay off the main roads."

I had to agree, I need a car for some races this summer and it seemed we were both in a bad situation now. I forked over the money and he turned around and started running. He looked over his shoulder and shouted "Keys are in it!"

Well then. I hopped in after brushing the glass off the seat and found not a key but a screwdriver. Oh great. Checked the B pillar, no VIN tag. I just bought a hot car. Well, I was already out 5 grand because the guy headed into the woods and I'm much too out of shape to give chase. So I loaded it on the trailer and covered it with a tarp I found alongside the trailer. You'd better believe I took every side road I could just to avoid any authorities.

I took it to a friend's place to begin working on it. I figured I might as well use it as my race car now, I have money into it already and VIN tags come off of all my race cars anyways. Fortunately my friend is an awesome body guy and knows the local exotic car dealer down the road, so between the two of them in just days I was staring at the newly primered car.

My Rolex ride... 2iudee8

Now all that's left is to mount the spoilers front and rear, paint it up, and get me some sponsors. I have high hopes that I will have a fully sponsored season for the upcoming Rolex series. Time will tell.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

My Rolex ride... Empty Re: My Rolex ride...

Post  StalkerStang Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:31 pm

I don't think fixing the body work in the front was necessary.... With all the "pushing" going on durring practice.... the front of that thing will be toast every race, lol
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:29 pm

StalkerStang wrote:I don't think fixing the body work in the front was necessary.... With all the "pushing" going on durring practice.... the front of that thing will be toast every race, lol

Yeah, I ordered several 'extra' front ends and put them on my credit card. I just have to hope for some winnings early on to pay that off!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:31 pm

Great story Rem!

Two things:
1. No one is allowed to participate in this series with stolen property.
2. I would have helped you buy a car.

Shame....... lol!
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:49 pm

It's not stolen, I paid for it! rabbit
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:50 pm

Remaggib wrote:It's not stolen, I paid for it! rabbit

Kinda hard to argue with that logic!!!

Damn, I thought I had the original junker idea - now mine looks like a rip off...

I can't believe you bought a hot car, Rem...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:29 am

Yeah, my bad.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:28 pm

I've tried making this thing faster by testing, tuning, and putting even more money into it. Latest addition: Relocate tailpipes, install nitrous injected jet engines in the old tailpipes.

My Rolex ride... 14vigye

Still can't make this turd fast.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down