Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infineon (long / sports car) course qualifying

+3
Remaggib
Simcik
Avanti 63r1025
7 posters

Go down

Sports - Infineon (long / sports car) course qualifying Empty Infineon (long / sports car) course qualifying

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:59 am

I have qualifying set on the sunrise map and racing set on the afternoon map. There were a few other tracks (Hockenheimring, Indianapolis, & Suzuka) I could've done this way though I missed those opportunities. Turn 10 tells us the track temperature is dependent upon track time. If this is true your qualifying setup and your race setup should differ slightly.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Sports - Infineon (long / sports car) course qualifying Empty Re: Infineon (long / sports car) course qualifying

Post  Simcik Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:02 pm

Good to know!

AI, what times are y'all running around this course. I've been able to run consistent 1:50.XXX with the Challenger. Really want to make the switch...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sports - Infineon (long / sports car) course qualifying Empty Re: Infineon (long / sports car) course qualifying

Post  Remaggib Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:38 pm

Consistent 1:50s... You're faster than I am then, but I'm not a good baseline for times.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:08 am

I dread the bucket times, they make me sad......

I did low 1:47's untuned out of the bucket. So I should do 1:50's in it Sad
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:17 am

Just got the Chally down to a clean lap of 1:48.7XX, but I don't think I've got much left. A low 1:48, high 1:47 would be a damn near perfect run from that car. Not bad for a heavy A531 car, though. Wish I could see where that would put me on the LB. Probably put a lot of higher ranked cars down.

The sad part is that the Neon is just plain faster. I was consistently running 3 seconds a lap faster than the Challenger last night, and should be able to pick up few more seconds tonight just like I did with the Chally.

I am going hunting tomorrow afternoon, but hopefully I will be on before the race so we can practice.

Edit: The Neon is consistant in the low to mid 1:47s now. Fastest of the session was a 1:46.2XX - looks like I'll be showing off the new sponsor...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:03 am

Man thats flyin in that Neon. In AIX bucket form Im running consistent 1:43.XXXs in 3 lap sprint races Im not sure how much faster it will get. I just seem to struggle with finding the right lines here at Sears Point/Infineon for some reason. I havent practiced but maybe a dozen laps or so though so this week though so I cant complain to much.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Both of my tunes flat out suck at Infineon. I can't seem to make the rear end stick, it just keeps slidin' out no matter what I do to fix it
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:47 pm

C4PT41N SL0W wrote:Both of my tunes flat out suck at Infineon. I can't seem to make the rear end stick, it just keeps slidin' out no matter what I do to fix it

Both the Chally and the Neon are loose, but with the tunes they have, they are predictable. I actually let the tail wag a little through most corners, and I can anticipate the rear end sliding out, so I can give it a little correction. If the build is stable and predictible, just practice catching it as it slides out and let it drift a little, rather than trying to tune it out. Otherwise you end up like I did at Road America...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:18 pm

Simcik wrote:
C4PT41N SL0W wrote:Both of my tunes flat out suck at Infineon. I can't seem to make the rear end stick, it just keeps slidin' out no matter what I do to fix it

Both the Chally and the Neon are loose, but with the tunes they have, they are predictable. I actually let the tail wag a little through most corners, and I can anticipate the rear end sliding out, so I can give it a little correction. If the build is stable and predictible, just practice catching it as it slides out and let it drift a little, rather than trying to tune it out. Otherwise you end up like I did at Road America...

All the slides that I can predict/control I usually don't have a problem with. Most of my problem is it wantin' to spin around when I accelerate out of the turns, and sometimes no matter how much I have the wheels turned to the left/right (dependin' on which way I'm slidin') it still wants to go around
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:26 pm

In trying to remember what Squid snd I worked on for my Charger...i wanna say it was a combination of loosening the upper settings on the spring bump/rebound settings...i also like my ARBs tighter and that seemed to help...that and just having to be a prude with the loud pedal...
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:42 pm

I saw a high 1:48 but that was a real dirty lap. Best I can run clean is low 1:50 area. So last night I decided to completely forget my setup. Go with something totally different. I might actually be on to something but I don't know. Trying to make what I would see as a mathematically perfect car suspension-wise. Something tells me it's not going to happen. I can't math very effectively (even my grammar suffers with math involved) and asked my Facebook friends their opinions. I got 1 person saying the numbers mean nothing. A 2nd person saying because it's on a car this is what I should do in real life. A 3rd telling me all the mods he has done on his truck. While interesting, none of these exactly helps me much. So far all I've found is that 47% of 1273 is 1500. I'm no math-magician, but something seems off there. Though I think I can get in the ballpark of what I'm shooting for. And I still don't know that it would help me from the setup I was running. Gotta crunch some more numbers I think.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum