Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASCAR Discussion

+8
Simcik
HarlenAss
Remaggib
Avanti 63r1025
C4PT41N SL0W
Smus
Ex US Squid
TuxTshirt
12 posters

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Sonoma - NASCAR Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: NASCAR Discussion

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:50 am

Simcik wrote:…Why did the car sound like it was dieseling on pit road?
That yellow toggle switch he keeps flipping is an ignition switch. While he's taking pit-out it sounds as if he's firing the car after already rolling. When he's done with his hot laps it sounds like he kills the ignition for a period of time and re-fires the car for a little while to make it to pit-in.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:12 am

Also they run two separate ignition chips. One with limiters and one with a higher limiter. Could be better for the motor upon startup on one ignition timing than the other. Last 2 years NASCAR as stamped engines and forced teams to run certain milages before being able to replace them in order to keep cost running F1 style. So RCR, Roush/Yates, Hendrick, JGR and Penske engine guys will do anything to help squeeze all the life out of a motor just to gain a few HP.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:17 am

Oily sheetcakes! I forgot how good this finish was:

TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:56 am

Damn - better than Texas even...

Gonna miss seeing that bright blue Charger tearing the track up like that...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:47 pm

I don't watch NASCAR enough to know the norm, but to me that was a bunch of dirty racing.

I understand rub'n a little bit, but those guys are obviously bump'n eachother in the right spot to get them loose on corner exit, then passing them.

3:20, dirty, but I can see a little justification, he did come down on the guy after totally blowing corner exit on the previous corner.
3:58, this though, not intentional? lol
4:10, again, lol

Whatever though.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:58 pm

Stalker, in fairness, you should know the back story. The last two time incidents you mentioned, there was oil all over the track. Someone blew up the lap before and left spray all over. Notice how hard they raced yet still held on to Cup cars on oil. That's insane.

About the first contact between Kyle and Brad, that's a racing incident in my book. Brad couldn't have went any lower and you definitely wouldn't back off there as you'd lose a bunch of time. I think Kyle thought he was still clear. As you said, whatever.

Last edited by TuxTshirt on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:27 pm

Which I didn't and like I said I don't know the norm for those guys.

The 3:58 contact, not 100% with ya though. You can hear him let off the throttle a bit and then jump back on it all the way into his bumper, lol.

I guess I'm thinking, these guys already get loose with just a bit of contact, I would think they would be a tab more cautious about it.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:39 pm

ARCA's on now! The Unlimited starts in a few hours! Yeah baby! Let the games begin.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:40 pm

Great new for everyone! New track-drying equipment. Check, check it!
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:02 pm

I cant wait to see how it works! My big curiosity is will the focused high pressure blast of air break up cracks even more as it moves over them and the gaps for seepage. Im sure Nascar and the tracks already have addressed this though. The wonder came to me the other day when I was using a pressure washer on the driveway and even though it water and not air its related. Im getting off here aholes to watch the Sprint Unlimited! Hope Kevin Harvick crushes dreams!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:28 pm

Do they have live timing available? I've gotvsometjong I'm going to and I won't be near a TV.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:50 pm

Probably. Nascar.com.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:57 pm

Oh, gee! Look! More equipment for J.P.M. to hit. Very Happy
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:25 am

Holy crap...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:37 am

This doesnt surprise me at all. Tony Stewart said all week he was bringing 3 equally fast cars to Daytona and we saw how stoooooooooppid fast his 14 was in the Unlimited. All three SHR cars were fast in qualifying. The challenge will be for Danica to keep her car in one piece with the rubber side down in the Bud Duels on Thursday. But hey, how bout that Kevin Harvick ehhhh???????????????? Oh hell yea! That 29 car made all the right moves Saturday night!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:54 am

I'll be looking forward to the 500. Like you said Squid, if she can keep it out of trouble she might have a legit chance to do really well.

I know I've said this before, but I really do love the gen VI cars.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:13 am

These cars are much better - I just want to see a damn Charger out there!

Oh, did you see that there is one team running a Challenger in Nationwide? I'll have to find the link... Woohoo for small teams!

Wonder if DP will wreck the whole field when they get bunched up? Could the big one happen within the first 10 laps? Hmm...

And is anyone else having trouble with the new NASCAR website? I hate it! I can't find anything! I was looking for the qualifying results, and I could not find anything! Change it back, NASCAR, change it back!
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:42 am

Simcik wrote:These cars are much better - I just want to see a damn Charger out there!

Oh, did you see that there is one team running a Challenger in Nationwide? I'll have to find the link... Woohoo for small teams!

Wonder if DP will wreck the whole field when they get bunched up? Could the big one happen within the first 10 laps? Hmm...

And is anyone else having trouble with the new NASCAR website? I hate it! I can't find anything! I was looking for the qualifying results, and I could not find anything! Change it back, NASCAR, change it back!

Absolutely love, love, love the gen 6 car!

Teams have been running the Challenger in NNS for a few years now. It was known that there would still be some this year, just not in Cup.

The big one has happened within 15 laps of green so far in practice, testing, and at the Unlimited. So, it's definitely possible. Hopefully they've learned though. Keep in mind, bad decisions usually cause these wrecks. And two veterans have been responsible for the last two, Kenseth and Stewart. All of the drivers need to make calculated decisions, including Danica, but not only Danica.

And, yes, the NASCAR website is having problems. I believe they're aware, but it is annoying.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:05 pm

Poor choice of words - I should have said "still running a Challenger in Nationwide despite Dodge pulling out."

On further review, I am not so excited. It's Morgan Sheppard who's running the Challenger, and only for one race (Daytona) at this point... He doesn't have sponsorship for any other races at this point.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Considering that the Draft is back and ALL got used to the new school bump draft partners style I feel that rookies Danica and Ricky Stenhouse Jr have the best chances to have success this year as opposed to the Gen 5 car. Only about 8 drivers or so seem to have a real solid memory and or handle on the draft that reminds me of the days when Dale Jr and Mikey Waltrip were winning every Plate Race. I dont think Danica will "wreck the field" Sim. She is a good driver. Shes not ready for Cup but thats not to say she cant race well in Cup and gain experience. I think owners are rushing good talent up to Cup way to quickly which causes a confidence shock from the steep new learning curve as everyone watches expecting the "young gun" to win now. I truly felt that Matt Kenseth never was comfortable in the Unlimited. He was always all over the place and appeared unsettled when in the draft. Hes way to good to say it was talent. Some teams just havent found the sweet spot in setups on this car just yet. ALSO there are a legitimate 20-25 teams that have a real shot at making the Chase this year! So much talent in good equipment has me so freakin jacked!!!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:53 pm

Why not? I'll put this in here. I'm sure you all will hear about Kyle Larson's "dirty" move at the Wheelen race last night. You be the judge:

I like the initial contact, I think he wrongly stole the win with the second contact.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:37 pm

Not worth starting another thread over, but one more reason for me to go to the CoA race in Austin...

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2013/02/chrysler-to-sponsor-v8-supercars
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:47 pm

TuxTshirt wrote:Why not? I'll put this in here. I'm sure you all will hear about Kyle Larson's "dirty" move at the Wheelen race last night. You be the judge:

I like the initial contact, I think he wrongly stole the win with the second contact.

DAMN. had i known it was televised i woulda watched it. yeah it was kinda dirty... buuuuuuuut hey it's short track racing.

side note: I went to the Sprint Unlimited race on Saturday. that was fun. Except it was so damned cold. It was could like a Green Bay Packers game cold. Looking forward to the 500, maybe Patrick holds her own? Or just drops to the back, finishes 84th, and says it was a learning experience Razz
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:00 pm

Where the "Stock" went in "Stock car"
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:20 pm

So 15 admitted to hospitals. Engine, tire, and suspension went into the stands. Damn. Let's hope the fence gets fixed before the 500 tomorrow!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next