Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza injury

+3
Ex US Squid
Smus
Avanti 63r1025
7 posters

Go down

Forza - Forza injury Empty Forza injury

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon May 14, 2012 1:25 am

You're going to laugh at this, Lord knows I did. I feel as if a tendon in my R. hand to my index finger has tightened or the like. When I curl my finger my middle knuckle pops out and wants to take a shortcut because the tendon won't stretch as required. I can pinch the base of my R. index finger while I curl it and the knuckle doesn't pop out.

I'll be away from Forza for a few days with my finger in a splint. I hope there is a way to gently stretch that tendon. I guess nobody can say I ain't hardcore. Very Happy
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Forza - Forza injury Empty Re: Forza injury

Post  Smus Mon May 14, 2012 7:47 am

Pfft...the hardcore play through the pain yo!

Get well soon
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon May 14, 2012 9:22 am

Yea WWCSD... in honor of the fallen but never to be forgotten, I think you need to ask yourself What Would Carroll Shelby Do? Hed harden the f**k up and race. I find that is a good rule of thumb but I suppose thats also why I have a disability rating from the VA for being broken and none of it is mental.... Mostly because they told me those head problems were always there... Whatever Rolling Eyes
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon May 14, 2012 11:43 am

Sorry to hear of your injury. You sure are hardcore! Perhaps it's time to call in a substitute.....coughMOPAR.....cough.... Anyway, I hope you get better in time for Catalunya.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Mon May 14, 2012 12:59 pm

Use it as an excuse to get a wheel!! Thats what i did. Those triggers killed my index fingers. You used to be able to swap throtle to the other side or maybe use the right stick for throttle/ brake,
I did that for the gt series.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon May 14, 2012 4:36 pm

Ex US Squid wrote:… I find that is a good rule of thumb but I suppose that's also why I have a disability rating from the VA for being broken and none of it is mental …
I'm a med-40 discharge from the Army with a 20% rating. Are you a med-40 also? Squid, are we med-brothers?
Sorta05 wrote:Use it as an excuse to get a wheel!! Thats what i did. Those triggers killed my index fingers. …
I like your thinkin' Sorta. No, really. I like your thinkin' Sorta. Very Happy
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Mon May 14, 2012 8:17 pm

Get X-rays? I could hook you up if you were in AZ......
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon May 14, 2012 8:29 pm

Ya but then Stalker would just try and fill you full of barium and rufiecoladas so more then likely you would end up with another part of you that is hyper-extended and sore.... so theres that... but beggars cant be choosers and thats how Stalker gets em! Twisted Evil
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon May 14, 2012 10:24 pm

I heard how he got them was waiting for a minor to buy cigarettes, then when they can't he'd be all "hey, you, I got a deal for ya"...
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon May 14, 2012 11:17 pm

Maybe I should go out to the sidewalk and HULK SMASH! That might make my finger feel better scratch

I jocolor jest. It's feeling a bit better this afternoon. I should make it to qualifying on Thursday.

Added edit: I liken what I did to my finger last week, to standing in a doorway pressing your arms into the door frame. When you walk out of the doorway, your arms rise all by themselves. I must have done something similar to that to a tendon in my hand/finger. It's better now, due to rest. Last weekend was weird as I couldn't curl my finger very much without my middle knuckle popping out.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down