Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLASCAR Indy 250

4 posters

Go down

What do you think?

CLASCAR Indy 250 I_vote_lcap20%CLASCAR Indy 250 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
CLASCAR Indy 250 I_vote_lcap0%CLASCAR Indy 250 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
CLASCAR Indy 250 I_vote_lcap20%CLASCAR Indy 250 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
CLASCAR Indy 250 I_vote_lcap60%CLASCAR Indy 250 I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]
CLASCAR Indy 250 I_vote_lcap0%CLASCAR Indy 250 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

CLASCAR Indy 250 Empty CLASCAR Indy 250

Post  Simcik Fri May 16, 2014 2:29 pm

The idea's been floating around for a while, but we haven't put anything solid out there.

How about another Twin Ring 150-type race sometime later this summer? (After PWC wraps up, for instance.) This time, we go a little further at a little different track, namely, Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

We'd use the same cars, but with slightly different builds. We'd still have drag tires, but a lot of the body roll would be eliminated. Also, we'd add some power to boost the speeds up a little bit. We'd basically be running the equivalent of Nationwide Series cars in terms of speeds, but we'd be doing it in muscle cars.

We'd still try to find a way to record it, we'd have an actual pace car, same as TR150.

Now, this is a lot of work (for me, anyway) to test and build and tune these cars and get them running comparable lap times. BUT, if there's support for it, I'll do it, 'cause I'd like to see it done...

So, what'd ya think?
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

CLASCAR Indy 250 Empty Re: CLASCAR Indy 250

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Fri May 16, 2014 4:36 pm

Didn't vote but I'm up for it; I could aid in the build balancing also.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sat May 17, 2014 2:29 pm

I worry that the speed and handling disparity that was so hard to dial in at the short Twin Ring would be such a pain in the ass at Indy.  Id test and see how it goes.  Lots of things being worked on but this as a one off and a Trans Am second season would be fun.   I already know that Moesavy is game for both.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadMoney125 Tue May 27, 2014 11:06 pm

i definitely have interest. ill participate if its on a day when im home or not working, which, if i know the date about two weeks ahead of time, i should be able to get the day off. of course, im speaking for when (or if) we get dates set for this. i would help with the tuning and testing, but i dont honestly think i'd be that good of a person for the tuning side of it
DeadMoney125
DeadMoney125

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Wed May 28, 2014 6:04 pm

Squid, I've got some tricks for some of that stuff, and the track helps.

As far as dates, something like this would be planned for a while. It takes a lot to put together, so you'd have plenty of notice...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Wed May 28, 2014 10:53 pm

Sim acquired disc data, complete with drag coefficient numbers to better balance speeds. The Charger Daytona is 0.33 whereas the '70 Chevelle and the '73 Falcon are 0.59. Speed differentials can become a more narrow window.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:25 pm

Work's still on-going, but it's slow and on the back burner to PWC and T/A at the moment.

We had decent cars at Motegi, we're already close at Indy, but I (and several others) really want a little more power to deal with, so that you don't just put a brick on the throttle.

I have no worries that I'll be able to get the Mopars to run well (seriously, they're all good), and the Ford is fast and handles well, so it's no big deal. If I boost the power levels just a touch, the Fairlane is a "go" too. The GTO and '67 Chevy will be okay, but the GM triplets are slow here. They're my biggest struggle. I can keep enough power out of the Daytona and Fairlane to keep the other cars competitive without being crazy. But the triplets? They need lots of help to stay close.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down