Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sim's Box CLASCAR Spectacular

4 posters

Go down

Which track would you prefer to race on?

The Sim's Box CLASCAR Spectacular I_vote_lcap60%The Sim's Box CLASCAR Spectacular I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]
The Sim's Box CLASCAR Spectacular I_vote_lcap20%The Sim's Box CLASCAR Spectacular I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
The Sim's Box CLASCAR Spectacular I_vote_lcap20%The Sim's Box CLASCAR Spectacular I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

The Sim's Box CLASCAR Spectacular Empty The Sim's Box CLASCAR Spectacular

Post  Simcik Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:28 am

That's a working title, don't give me grief over it just yet.

So, as many of you know I have been working on a one-night-only classic NASCAR-type event as a final send-off for Forza 4. The cars are getting pretty close to being done, and the format itself will be similar to and build upon the FMROC races.

That being said, I'm interested to get your opinions on tracks.

Sunset Speedway is easy to drive, but can get boring quickly. Motegi Twin Ring is fun and can be a challenge, but it's not a traditional NASCAR type track. Sedona is a great track, but with simulation damage, it could be very, very challenging. Personally I am torn between Sedona and Twin Ring. I am curious to know your opinions. Once the track is determined, I'll release info on the builds and rules, and we'll get a date set.

Last edited by Simcik on Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Sim's Box CLASCAR Spectacular Empty Re: The Sim's Box CLASCAR Spectacular

Post  Ex US Squid Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Twin Ring is just like Darlington with an extra groove so yes it is a Nascar type track.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  sbclowrider Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:05 pm

I'm with squid
sbclowrider
sbclowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:45 pm

Ex US Squid wrote:Twin Ring is just like Darlington with an extra groove so yes it is a Nascar type track.
Try twelve extra grooves.  And no banking.  I'm a non-factor but, I do however think either would be awesome.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:24 am

Okay, fellas, the cars and track are locked in. We have 7 cars to choose from, and we'll be racing at Motegi.

I'll go ahead and tell you the cars, but there will be a build thread later on with more specifics.

'67 Cheverolet Chevelle SS
'69 Dodge Daytona
'70 Cheverolet Chevelle SS
'70 Buick GSX
'70 Oldsmobile 442
'71 Plymouth GTX
'73 Ford Falcon GT (Torino)

Also, I have figured out a way to allow for longer races WITHOUT the need for heats and that can be ended at any given time to account for Cautions and such.

The Official Pace Car is, as of this moment, unknown, but will be determined shortly. I am in need of a Pace Car driver. This is a VERY, VERY, VERY important role in this race, and though the driver will miss out on some of the action, they will still be involved from start to finish.

Tenatively, I am planning on a 150 mile race. (That's 100 laps at Motegi.) With these cars, and allowing for quite a few cautions, that's about a 2 hour long race. If that's too much, let me know now. I want everyone there and I want them to stick around for the entire event, so I'd like to get any length/time issues taken care of before hand. This will most likely be a weekend race, with plenty of notice.

I'm getting excited! I hope you guys are too!

I am still in need of a firm commitment on a spectator/recorder for the event. I don't care if the event is streamed (that would be cool if it is), but having it recorded is key to this whole experiment. Fender has mentioned that he MAY be able to do this for us, but I would like to have a back up just in case. Please let me know of anyone you know who may be able to help us out with this. I don't care if they can't race for crap, just as long as they have the game and some time to spare.

Well, I'm off to get some sleep. More info on the builds and the race setup to come shortly!
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down