Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race day. When?

+5
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Remaggib
Smus
StalkerStang
Avanti 63r1025
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Race day. When? - Page 2 Empty Re: Race day. When?

Post  Ex US Squid Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:21 pm

Or have cheerleaders
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  abinmyveins Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:37 pm

Which cars do you guys drive for this TA race?  Or the one coming up?  Sunset full circuit reverse.  SCARY.  LOL.  Lots of turns, tight ones and then high speeds too. 

Any tips you all want to give about set ups?  I'm such a newb.  I have no clue what I'm doing for setting up a car.  For a long time during the game I left tire pressure alone.  Now I'm down to 29 PSI regularly.  And then I watched a race and saw that my tire pressure was about 32 the whole time once the tires warmed up.  I heard some guys say they do like 26 and 27 and I was like, WOW. 

Anyways...  Don't feel like you have to give up any secrets.  But I felt like why not ask?  LOL.  If I can make the race I would imagine I'll be at the back of the pack anyways.

abinmyveins

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:55 pm

Add us to your friend's list on Xbox Live, if you see any of us on Forza just send us a messege or join a party.

Most of us are pretty helpful when it comes to car set-up. The T/A cars are limited because of the build, really only rear gear, air pressure and aero are adjustable.

I run the 69' Shelby GT500.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:31 pm

You're pretty close at 29 PSI cold. You can drop to 27-28 and vary front / rear to work with your driving style. 32 PSI at race pace is really close to ideal, anyway.
"Somewhere within the 30-40 psig range is likely for most cars …" -Trackpedia (and they reference turnfast.com)

Stalker's right about tuning being limited. The build and tuning are set the way they are for two reasons: First, parts back then weren't the "black magic" magnetic ride control parts we have today. And second, teams didn't tune suspension the way they do now. Making suspension adjustments to make a car handle better didn't come about until later.

I race the Mercury Cougar for season one and I'll probably change to the Dodge Challenger for season two.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  abinmyveins Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:05 am

Do we have a date yet? 

How many laps do you guys do at the races?  I've been practicing with Count of CV at Sunset Full reverse.  Only thing is I'm better with my u2 cars than I am with my O2.  Too much throttle and need to learn to slow down earlier with the more powerful cars.  LOL.  I'm liking the 66 Nova and I noticed that one raced a few times in TA.  Is that one allowed?  When you build it up to your specs Avanti, it's pretty low in number.  Like 525.  That's probably why I can handle it better.  It's not so powerful or too fast.  But it's slower than some of the other cars.  I think.  The 69 Camaro seems waaaay too light in the front end for me.  I tried upping the front aero but that didn't seem to help.  Any of you focus on this car and know how to tame it?

I like the aspect of not having to tune.  I do think it's more realistic and it at least simplifies it for me.  I do think that they could adjust ride height though.  But whatever.  That's probably not a big deal at all.

abinmyveins

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:14 pm

Yep, the Nova is allowed to compete. It's one of the platforms that needs a boost (along with the '65 Mustang GT and '68 Barracuda S). I believe the updated builds are on my storefront.

It's possible to backward engineer storefront builds. If you don't know how already:
Purchase storefront build
Enter the car
Go to upgrade section
Sell any [all] previously purchased parts
Apply the build
Tune the build
└ The game will tell you the build is locked
└ Do what the game wants, remove the build
Return to the upgrade section
Every part that was bought for the build will be checked
Apply any [all] checked parts
Save and you have an unlocked storefront build

It's cheapest to do when you have 100% discount because fewer parts will cost you any credits.

In regard to the ride height: There are tons of things I would like to purchase/tune independent of each other. One example you bring up is the ride height. I wish I could let you tune that without having to buy the race suspension and also having access to camber, caster, toe, spring rate, etc. Another is the brake bias controller. I wish I could allow this to be bought/tuned without having carbon ceramic discs. I like where Turn 10 was going between FM3 and FM4 in separating build/tune components. I don't think the jump between FM4 and FM5 was as large though that could have been to get used to the XB1 architecture. I'm hoping FM6 releases late in '15 with more development.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  abinmyveins Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:02 pm

I hear you on the tuning part.  It makes sense how you do it.  I really LIKE the way you do it.  It simplifies things and the cars drive well. 
And yeah, once you allow the race suspension stuff, than you are open to tuning.  So I get it.  The ride height really isn't that big of a deal.  I don't know if it makes the cars handle all that different anyways.  And I like how you are trying to keep them in the spirit of what was driven back then. 

I don't really understand the reverse engineeering stuff.  I'll see if I can figure it out.  Are these the cars you want us to drive or can we just use a car built to your specs?  I can buy one though.  I have enough money now.  LOL.  I'll have a look at your storefront.  Plus it looked like in one of your threads that you guys were trying to figure out who was going to drive what.  Do you have a particular car you want another person to drive?  Or I suppose it doesn't matter at this point because the season is almost over.  I don't know. 

Anyways....  The "Count of CV" wants to race with you guys too.  I'll tell him about this site too.  We both like the U2 cars also.  I'm a little bit more in control of mine as opposed to the V-8 monsters.  He is fast regardless of what he drives.

I was trying to see if you had the points standings for where you guys are at with the season.   Or to see who has what car and how they're doing.  I would love to see lap times too, to see how bad I'll compare.  LOL.  But I didn't see it anywhere on here.  

My own impressions after trying out several of these cars is that some seem to be faster than others.  But it might just be how I drive them.  But you said the 65 Mustang and the 66 Nova "need a boost".  What did you mean by that?  Are you allowing them to have more power than the 7/1 ratio?  If I had to pick, one of those two would be my top picks, but they don't seem as fast on the longer courses for me as opposed to the Javelin or say the 70 Mustang.  But on the tighter courses like Sunset, I almost do better with them.  Which makes sense.  Eh?

abinmyveins

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:38 pm

I have so many feels on the topic of tuning for FM4.  Id certainly add them here but I struggle to do it justice in text when there is so much that seems to be relayed in game on the fly as I describe what I feel 'here", "here" and the "see why that happened there..." kind of way.   Ill help out anytime I can in game if you are interested.  There is clearly a rule of thumb for the front engine RWD cars that only rarely has exceptions but it also requires the ability to adapt to the car vs. forcing the car to adapt to you.   I have helped Simcik alot on this but Im sure he will tell you that I usually know what I am attempting to relay but dont verbalize it the best sometimes.   

Ride height on the edge is actually kind of important but is determined for me by how much suspension travel combined with how much body roll I have.   Sometimes if you slam the car down with no worries of bottoming out you will find that the rear end will get skatey feeling because the car doesnt have much body roll due to stiff sway bar in the rear.  If you soften the sways and or springs/shock package in the rear to alleviate the sliding on corner exit it can cause your car to understeer through the apex.  Getting the sway just right with the body roll and having a balance between the shock package and springs will give you the feel of the car rotating the corner with smooth and gradual throttle input at the apex to get the drive off rather than chasing the tail.   I know some will say it doesnt work that way in real racing but its Forza so keep that in mind  Laughing  

The 65 Ford and 66 Chevy II are actually pretty spot on last we ran.... I remember being faster in the 65 Mustang but right before race one I switched to the Challenger since the car was unpicked last second.   Both the 65 and 66 are fast in the right hands.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  abinmyveins Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:49 pm

Well I'm up for using either one.  I like those two both the best out of any of the Pony cars I've tried so far using Avanti's build specs.  But I think every cars has it's ups and downs.  I am not as fond of my 70 Camaro after driving some of the other cars.  That 4th gear is kind of far away from 3rd.  But I know in the right hands it's a fast car too. 

Anyways.... 

Looking forward to racing with any of you all.  I will have to friend some of you on xbox.

abinmyveins

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:31 pm

In regards to the cars with zany gear splits, see this thread:
https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com/t344-transmission-ratios
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  abinmyveins Fri May 30, 2014 1:29 pm

Sooooooooo....  Got a date yet?  Smile

abinmyveins

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Fri May 30, 2014 4:03 pm

Not set in stone. I would like a Saturday or Sunday race schedule, that part I do know. The tricky part will be finding time(s) that work across numerous time zones.

If I say Saturdays at 5pm pacific, that's dinner time across the plains, and is 8 eastern. Plus [and you weren't here for the beginning of this joke] I'll want to bail at the end of the race to eat my dinner but that upsets one of the competitors Surprised.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Fri May 30, 2014 11:11 pm

Sundays would be much preferred to Saturdays, but TC/TCB is now running Sunday nights... I'd run T/A over TC, but don't really want to have to choose.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Fri May 30, 2014 11:12 pm

And you could always have a snack before the race... Then you could hang around later for some fun runs...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sat May 31, 2014 12:38 am

I snack when I want
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat May 31, 2014 1:41 am

Simcik wrote:Sundays would be much preferred to Saturdays, but TC/TCB is now running Sunday nights... I'd run T/A over TC, but don't really want to have to choose.
I wouldn't mind working with those who race TC. How much of that season remains?
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:35 am

Um, about half? I think we've got about another 8 weeks or so...

Do we still have any East Coast drivers? If not, I'd be okay with running T/A later in the evening. (After TC.)
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:09 pm

Its unlikely that I would make the T/A race as Mondays are really the only free day I have and the PWC series takes my full attention that day.

Only real possibility for me would be before the GT/GTS race, but thats a stretch also.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:00 pm

I just checked. We have 5 more weeks of GT/GTS

Should be the same for TC/TCB

GTS is done July 7th.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:35 pm

I would make that late July Sim.... There are things in the works that will be announced once all the details are worked out.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:15 am

Avanti, what's the schedule? I'm starting to get withdrawals...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:15 am

When you stop asking.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:13 pm

My thoughts are for Saturday at a time earlier in the day, [2 pacific 3 mountain 4 central 5 eastern]. I want to get a time set in here and then I'll take to the FM.net forums and pick up a few more racers.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2