Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games vs. real world

+2
StalkerStang
Avanti 63r1025
6 posters

Go down

Games vs. real world Empty Games vs. real world

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:27 pm

No One Gives A Fuck How Fast You Are In Gran Forzarismo
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Games vs. real world Empty Re: Games vs. real world

Post  StalkerStang Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:30 pm

Dude is super annoying.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:12 am

Man, I used to read Jalopnik EVERYDAY. Now, I almost can't stand it...

Between the stupid remarks like this, the political hit pieces, and the stories like where they play judge, juror, and executioner for something they have nothing to do with. (They actually sponsored/starter a boycott on a dealership in the NE who was sued for something that sounded pretty awful, only to find out in court that the majority of the claims were simply false... Did they appologize? Nope...

Seriously, ever since the restructuring, that site has gone down hill...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:20 am

Games vs. Real-World to me should be blurred. I am sorry, but I play Forza because I want to get better at performance driving. No, it's not the same, but I cannot afford to go out and race on the weekends yet, so this is as good as it gets.

I hate people like this douche who want everything to be crash 'em up, shoot 'em dead B.S. and can't understand why anyone would get mad at them.

I was talking to Squid about this, and it pisses me off everytime - I hate that someone who knows nothing about real cars, how to use a clutch, what an apex is, etc. can be better than me because they can play the game better. I PLAY SIMULATORS. Simulators aren't games. NFS is a game. FM4 is not.

Ehh, rant over, for now... I am sure I will have more to say later...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:02 am

I read the same article...I'll agree, it was annoying as hell. I mean I get his point, but at the same time there is nothing wrong with being competitive. Chances are he's probably one of those that would immediately vote to boot someone with a lobby car because of the "unfair advantage".

When was the restructuring?
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:46 pm

Simcik wrote:Man, I used to read Jalopnik EVERYDAY. Now, I almost can't stand it...

Between the stupid remarks like this, the political hit pieces, and the stories like where they play judge, juror, and executioner for something they have nothing to do with. (They actually sponsored/starter a boycott on a dealership in the NE who was sued for something that sounded pretty awful, only to find out in court that the majority of the claims were simply false... Did they appologize? Nope...

Seriously, ever since the restructuring, that site has gone down hill...

Couldn't agree more with you on this Sim. That's why I don't follow Jalop anymore. I just go to autoblog instead. The articles aren't as entertaining but they are informative and generally more factual.

The AF alone spends millions every year on simulators (I honestly don't know the actual numbers, but they have lots of them and they ain't cheap). Somehow I don't think the AF would be investing in them unless they proved beneficial, and since for the time being America's AF is world class... Maybe there is some real benefits to using these simulator things after all.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:42 pm

Yea thats whats wrong with people today. This asshat is just using that all to often over used obnoxious elitist hipster attitude where he looks down on anything popular and will shit all over it expecting those who read or hear him to assume his word is the gospel of the masses. Fuck him.

You know what happens in the real world when there is a major crash mid race? Anger, frustration and pure emotion based on the ending of their race that had unfortunate results. You know what happens in the middle of a Forza Public or Private Lobby when there is a mid race crash? Same thing. Because of the effort that was placed into the time spent that cut our time and results short of what we all hoped to achieve. Now there are bad apples in ever sector and culture of life but for the most part everyone gets a flash of rage and then moves on. Myself and Tux do it all the time. Flash of RED and cursing then for me atleast its back to joking about the mass and size of a certain racers "BOX".

To be honest this is a clown that probably never was interested in sports or racing competitively and has no idea what its like to have that drive to excel at something even if its just bragging rights over friends and clubs in an online simulator. And because we do apparently that discredits our personal opinions about Forza Dubstep. Again Fuck Him and I never really cared for the site anyway but now I have a decent reason.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:45 pm

Damn, we'd gone like 2 weeks without a box joke... Way to steer us back in the gutter, Squid...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:34 pm

LOL out of that entire piece you only noticed the "BOX".... youre kinda sensitive.... wanna talk about it?
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down