Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Racing 3

+2
TuxTshirt
Avanti 63r1025
6 posters

Go down

Real Racing 3 Empty Real Racing 3

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:34 am

It's an offering from Electronic Arts, yes yes, I know- BOOOOOO! Hissssss! and *rip fart here*. I feel the same way about the company. They did create Sports Car GT back in the day so they do have potential though I feel they have to get back to those times to unlock it.

At any rate, it's [free] only for Kindle Fire, your i-thingy, or Android device but it shows a little promise coming from that company.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Real Racing 3 Empty Re: Real Racing 3

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:50 am

Ahhhhh, saw me some Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps and what looked like Bathurst. Nice!
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:16 pm

You did, indeed saw both of those. And more!

Now why can we have those tracks for Android and i-thingy … but not for Forza?
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:17 pm

To be honest I have no issues whatsoever with EA. I think most people that dislike EA are very blind to the realities of modern day capitalism and business practices.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:04 am

I just don't care for them, they took my all time favorite game and shut it down, because there weren't enough new sales. If they were to actually produce copies, they could sell them. But I couldn't even find a copy online at the time. I got lucky, a co-worker bought it and didn't like it, and sold it to me for $10. At $15 a month per account, and on a slow day having more than 2,000 people online, I can see how they wouldn't put resources into expansions or anything, but to leave the servers up and running costed more than what they were bringing in? Doubtful. I'm talking about Motor City Online. A game where parts would wear out, there was actual damage that had to be repaired otherwise you would race with a damaged car, etc etc etc. I may not be huge into numbers, but I'm passionate about what I love. And what's worse? EA had offers to buy the rights to the code so that someone could carry on the idea, and EA never sold them. We're talking millions of dollars they kept saying no to. But it's fine, because when they shut down the servers they gave everyone a free month of Sims Online Rolling Eyes
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:13 am

Agh! Rem, I loved that game! That was the only game (Still to this day, as far as I know.) that had a legitimate 1969 Road Runner in it...

Someone was leaving the game when I was just starting, they gave me a 70 Boss 302 and a bunch of cash, and I traded it for my Road Runner and fixed it up to match the real one I have. It was so cool... Damn, I miss that game... Sad

Anyone want to come to Texas and help me finish that damn car?
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Ex US Squid wrote:To be honest I have no issues whatsoever with EA. I think most people that dislike EA are very blind to the realities of modern day capitalism and business practices.
It is possible for modern day capitalism and business practices to be done without being greedy on top of it.

The two items that really get to me:
• E.A. going after an exclusive deal with Porsche so other publishers couldn't feature them [without compensation pay].
• Exclusive NFL Players Association rights so Madden is the only football game with named real players.

Madden NFL blows blue whale cock! But guess what? If you want to mimic a real NFL season, it's the only choice. Front Page Sports Football was a product with better features and I'm sure 2K Sports could up the ante in the football segment if they had a realistic chance at bringing forth a realistic product. They don't. Nobody but E.A. does. ← That factoid right there is what turns me off to Electronic Arts.

Electronic Arts is scared of competition. They're scared that if they must bring games out in a competitive environment they won't be the best. E.A. does their best at eliminating the competition so they can release whatever garbage they want to produce. Then, since they're the only name in town, everyone who buys into that town pads Electronic Arts' pockets so E.A. can produce more garbage a year later.

I don't like Electronic Arts for these practices. I may like them again once they play fair where natural sales competition dictates which brand was cooler that year. Until that day comes I heavily dislike Electronic Arts and I'm not alone in that category.

Rem., I am so glad you brought up Motor City Online. Call me heartless but even though I love cars and the foundational idea of that game, I was hoping it came crashing down. Why? The monthly fee you mention. $15/month? That's $180/year. Asinine! Highway robbery! Yet another example of E.A. being greedy. It was released at a time when Blizzard (Warcraft II, Starcraft, Diablo, & Diablo II) and ID Games (Quake) were able to absolutely rule the online gaming domain and those companies did it without further pilfering their customers' pockets; once you bought those games you could play online for free. Motor City Online for no monthly fee (or maybe $48/year) would have been perfect and I bet more people would have bought the game.

The bottom line is: Please the people and the people will reward you. Piss-off the people and you'll go down in flames … unless you're the only name in town, in which case you can release dog shit and people will still buy it.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:39 am

It gets even more weird in EA world.

1) An alleged EA employee "… accuses the company of being anti-consumer, shirking accountability and lacking integrity …" Hah hah hah. So it comes to light that Electronic Arts may not even please their internals? Oh my! Click here for the rest of the story.

2) Did EA hire Chinese people to post positive reviews on message boards where SimCity was discussed? It's either that or these people are naturally that enthusiastic about the game.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:28 pm

I loved MCO. Shame EA did what they did.

My fear is that EA will infect everything and turn other good games to shit. They have the claws on the Mass Effect series, I hope Bioware keeps a firm hold on most of the decisions.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Avanti 63r1025 wrote:

Electronic Arts is scared of competition. They're scared that if they must bring games out in a competitive environment they won't be the best. E.A. does their best at eliminating the competition so they can release whatever garbage they want to produce. Then, since they're the only name in town, everyone who buys into that town pads Electronic Arts' pockets so E.A. can produce more garbage a year later.

This exactly.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:57 pm

Simcik wrote:
Anyone want to come to Texas and help me finish that damn car?

If I could get the time off work, I'd be there today. Well, in a couple days which is how long it would take to drive down there. I don't fly, apparently I'm a terrorist or something. lol!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:34 pm

[since this thread has an "EA bashing" branch]

Da da da da! http://finance.yahoo.com/news/electronic-arts-ceo-step-down-202418717.html

Yay! I hope the next CEO 'gets it' better than the last.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm

That only explains since 2007 though, and EA has sucked since the 90's. At least one person is accepting responsibility for something, it's just the finances more than the games sucking.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down