Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few laps around Road America

+2
Avanti 63r1025
Remaggib
6 posters

Go down

A few laps around Road America Empty A few laps around Road America

Post  Remaggib Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Here's what I know. Saturday after we got back from our off-road experience (videos are SO slow uploading, will post when they do), we went to meet up with some folks. Now, try to keep up. My wife's sister is married. Her husband works with a guy who is part of BMW CCA. As it turns out, this weekend was the Badger Bimmers weekend at Road America. Badger Bimmers is the local chapter of the BMW CCA. So, the guy was running his BMW M3 around the track all day Saturday. So about 7:30 we all meet (my wife and I got invited to tag along with everyone) at a bar. While waiting for everyone, I had a drink. While talking, the bartender must have asked me if I wanted another, and instinctively I must have said yes. They were supposed to be rum and coke, but I've never been hit that hard unless I put in just enough coke to color it. So yeah, I was gone.

However, sometime after my 2nd drink and having a beer at the restaurant, I met some of the BMW guy's club-mates and friends. At the restaurant I was talking to them, and found out some of them were instructors. One of them mentioned that they occasionally give rides, and that they have a Corvette. I asked if I could go, and the guy said yes. affraid

Fast forward to Sunday morning. Meet up at the track an hour before the ride. The guy said he hadn't decided against it, so I grabbed the GoPro (woot for multiple uses) and mounted it to the roll cage. Toss on a helmet and away we go. The lap times don't seem all that great from what I saw (around 2:50? I could be wrong though, used my phone as a stopwatch) but I know for a fact that at least once we saw 140 on the front straight. Temperature was around 55 to 60, fog had just lifted but was still humid, and we had to have the windows open, as per the rules. Not sure what has all been done to the car, I think that was discussed during dinner. I was able to store the info about where to meet and when, and that took most of my brain power. The rest was used to walk back to the car from the bar after the restaurant, and drive 30 minutes to our hotel. In any case, here's the video I was able to take of our run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVD0p-Lm_-k&feature=youtu.be

Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

A few laps around Road America Empty Re: A few laps around Road America

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Very cool! I'm glad you got fantastic usage out of my slutty Hero2. Hey, she's been used on the ground in five states and used in the airspace over many others. She must be a part of the mile-high club and is as bad as the Mercury Mistress.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  sbclowrider Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:26 pm

how long does it take to process a vid? I tried to watch but couldn't. So until i see proof you are blowing smoke out sims box. lol

I wish i had friends of friends of friends of a wife? i think i lost myself with that one
sbclowrider
sbclowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:49 pm

I'm going to have to find some video editing software. Apparently YouTube will let me upload for 4 f**king hours and THEN tell me the video is too long. I will get back to you when I can get this uploaded, probably in 2 parts now.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:23 pm

Look into AVS4You, MovAvi, or possibly an even better option is free software developed for use by Hero2 owners: Cineform Studio. I haven't gotten Cineform Studio to install on my machine so I can't vouch for them. AVS and M.A. are both good products though.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Sorry, Rem, but that's just funny...

In case you missed it!

A few laps around Road America Haha10

Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:29 am

Simcik wrote:Sorry, Rem, but that's just funny...

In case you missed it!

A few laps around Road America Haha10

I'm gonna stuff you in your own box...
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:31 am

Thanks Avanti, I will try those tonight. I suppose you'll be wanting your camera back too lol
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Since I can't find any video software as of yet that works, here's a YouTube approved video that actually uploaded and WASN'T over the time limit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfZriti4YEE&feature=youtu.be
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:39 pm

Remaggib wrote:… The lap times don't seem all that great from what I saw (around 2:50? I could be wrong though, used my phone as a stopwatch) but I know for a fact that at least once we saw 140 on the front straight. …
Hovering around 2:50 slots in amongst other modified street cars. Spec Miata can be a touch quicker though they also weigh less.
http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Road_America#Typical_Lap_Times
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:13 pm

Beginning upload now. 350+ minutes on the first one, and 450+ minutes on the 2nd one. Or the other way around. Either way, have roughly 15 hours of uploading just so I can show you my 17 minute video.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:33 pm

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

After 6 hours uploading the shorter half of the video, YouTube tells me that I have to upload a supported file type?! It already is a f***ing .AVI!

I f***ing HATE YouTube now. If anyone has any idea that will help me get these videos uploaded let me know, this is more annoying than it's worth.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:04 am

Wow - that sucks... I have no idea what's going on. People post whole movies on there, not sure why you're having so much trouble...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:43 pm

.avi, .mp4, .wmv, and others have multiple codecs for each type. Each file type has different audio options, video resolution and frame rate. AVS4You (mentioned above), has a Video Converter option. Below .avi is an option "Video for YouTube". I have a feeling there's a specific .avi codec YouTube prefers its users upload and if you don't happen to have the right combination of audio and video options, YouTube will reject the file.

I could convert the file(s), log in under your YT account, and post the movie for you. We just have to figure a way for you to shoot me any troubling files of yours. How large are they?
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:33 pm

I think 1.5gb for the original file.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:59 pm

Thanks to Avanti, I can now give you guys the address to the working video for my laps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPrUG7oTt9E

Again, the guy was sandbagging it a bit, but it wasn't his car and the brake pads ended up getting replaced shortly after we went out. So shortly in fact, that they were still red hot from the run and the guys were getting burned through towels. But still a super fun ride!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:22 pm

Wow those brakes sounded REAL bad. Without even reading the description I could hear them.
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:10 pm

Awesome Rem! Thanks for the video.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content