Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OCTOBER 12th. Nordschleife: 7 Laps at the Green Hell of DOOM. Official flyer and other junk.

+5
Simcik
sbclowrider
StalkerStang
Ex US Squid
Josh on ze bass
9 posters

Go down

OCTOBER 12th.  Nordschleife: 7 Laps at the Green Hell of DOOM.  Official flyer and other junk. Empty OCTOBER 12th. Nordschleife: 7 Laps at the Green Hell of DOOM. Official flyer and other junk.

Post  Josh on ze bass Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:37 pm

It's official. Because I made this flyer. So therefore it's official. More details below! Hope to see ya there. OCTOBER 12th.  Nordschleife: 7 Laps at the Green Hell of DOOM.  Official flyer and other junk. Flyero10

Alright folks! The inaugural NORDSCHLEIFE7LAPSATTHEGREENHELLOFDOOM Race of 2012! 9pm EST

It will be pretty much the same rules package as Tux's awesome amazing Rolex Sports car series. Same car builds n such.
DAMAGE IS ON. Because it's the same rules package as Tux's's's's series.
Heres a link for the builds and rules if needed: https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com/f19-rules-regulations

Schedule: Thursday Oct 11th is qualifying. 9pm. ish EST. Here's the kicker: Qualifying is ONLY ON Thursday at 9pm EST. Ain't got no time to watching replays of qualifying. So if'n you miss qualifying that night, sorry. *Start from the back of the pack, please.* Also. If you're new to the series (Glad to have you here!) if you post no qualifying time on Thursday, we'll have you start from the very back of the grid.

RACE DAY: OCT 12th. 9pm..ish. Rolling start. How? Stagger-ish formation. Side by side, but not too close, guys. No wrecks on the first lap = happyness (until you wreck by yourself on lap 3 cuz you sneezed and flipped 16 times). STARTING LINE, will be on the short straight where the pit lane is. Pace speed when coming up to that straight may have to be slow (30-35mph) so the field can start correctly.

PIT RULES: Thanks for Forza physics, some, if not all, may not have to pit if not required to. So I'll be implementing a standard pitting rule. MANDATORY PIT STOP ON LAP **4 or 5**.

WHO STILL WANKS. Squid wanks.

PENALTIES: If you drive like a dingleberry, I'll review the replay of the race or from other racer recollections and assess heavy time penalties towards your final scoring time.

RACE DISTANCE: 7 laps. 90.3 miles It's really only a bit longer than an average Tux Rolex Race. But it's the Ring (proper), treat it like an endurance race. Keep your nose clean and have fun trying to survive the GREEN HELL OF DOOOOOOOOOOM.

WINNINGS: No winnings. Only bragging rights that you survived. and won.

If I'm missing anything or have any other questions. Please lemme know.

Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

OCTOBER 12th.  Nordschleife: 7 Laps at the Green Hell of DOOM.  Official flyer and other junk. Empty Re: OCTOBER 12th. Nordschleife: 7 Laps at the Green Hell of DOOM. Official flyer and other junk.

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:00 pm

The poster is badass and I know Im in! The Oregon Ducks Autohaus Motorsports Mopar Performance #-1 Dodge Viper is a go for DOOM 2012!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

OCTOBER 12th.  Nordschleife: 7 Laps at the Green Hell of DOOM.  Official flyer and other junk. Empty Re: OCTOBER 12th. Nordschleife: 7 Laps at the Green Hell of DOOM. Official flyer and other junk.

Post  StalkerStang Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:10 pm

I'm in yo.....
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  sbclowrider Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:34 pm

i'm In
sbclowrider
sbclowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:32 am

What the hell, why not...

The Simcik Racing Shiner Black Mopar Performance SRT IROC? Viper will be there...

You've all been warned...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:41 am

Again, you had me at Squid Wanks cheers
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  HarlenAss Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:55 am

I'm in. Should be fun.
HarlenAss
HarlenAss

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:11 pm

And just like that, I hate everything. I can't make it, have another wedding to be at. *Insert emoticon of a smiley that's crying, kicking a puppy, and eating a cheesecake*
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:33 pm

Booo.... people get married all the time, the Race at the Green hill of DOOM is a once in a lifetime opportunity Twisted Evil
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:46 pm

The 7 lap version is. The 10 lap version that I'll have to set up, however...
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:44 pm

I'm in. The Strongbow Aston Martin is game.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:54 pm

Great to see a lot of people in. I've actually been away from my house for about two weeks now. In a few days when I get back, I'll start to push the DOOM 2012 (i like that) race a bit more and keep everyone informed. -JAWRSHY
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:14 pm

Such as this. Study it. OCTOBER 12th.  Nordschleife: 7 Laps at the Green Hell of DOOM.  Official flyer and other junk. Nordsc10
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:39 pm

This should be a fun read.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:51 pm

It was an excellent read! For those who don't know. It's a full write up via PDF about the Ring turn-by-turn. http://www.startupracing.com/Docs/bmw_ring.pdf Check it out!
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:26 am

Great breakdowns in the PDF guys. You know for anyone that is interested in some driving school time on the Ring of DOOM D D DD D DD D DDDDD DAAAAAAOOOOOOMMMMMMMM! Id be up for offering any pointers either by driving with ya and letting you see what lines I attempt or I can watch you drive in spectate mode and offer on the fly suggestions to any that need it. Anyone interested just hit me up and Ill do what I can. I love racing here.

Also a great way to utilize the turn by turn PDF is to run the Ring in the lettered sections so you can break down the massive track into smaller chunks. This way you practice a corner you just blew in a min or two later instead of waiting the 7 mins to drive all the way back around. This will help those of us that are unfamiliar with the Green Monster.... of Doom to learn the track faster by repetition.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:24 pm

Everyone ready? I doubt it. You all better practice practice practice! Our team of crack scientists just turned in this study about the NORDSCHLEIFE7LAPSATATTHEGREENHELLOFDOOM2012. It doesn't look promising. OCTOBER 12th.  Nordschleife: 7 Laps at the Green Hell of DOOM.  Official flyer and other junk. Piecha10
Reminder: Qualifying Thursday Oct 11th. Race day Oct 12. THURSDAY, QUALIFYING, will have a 2nd bonus round for the top 4 qualifying few to save their spots!
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:44 pm

I have a feeling this race is going to be about a few things, not wrecking and calculating how far your car can go on one tank of petrol. Should you run out your car gets to be a stationary camera for the replay.

Woot! Post 556! I loved my Army issued M-16 (5.56 mm rounds). I need another one of those someday; they're fun rifles.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:17 pm

I did a few practice runs, ended up doing 4 continuououoououis laps. Didn't even come close to running out (sadly). That's why I've implemented the mandatory pit stop on Lap 4 or 5. Smile
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:32 pm

Avanti, I didn't know you served. Thank you!
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down