Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SRT Viper Coming to You All for Free This Friday

4 posters

Go down

SRT Viper Coming to You All for Free This Friday  Empty SRT Viper Coming to You All for Free This Friday

Post  Ex US Squid Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:45 pm

SRT Viper Coming to You All for Free This Friday

If you didn’t read it in the last Week in Review, it is true; we are giving the 2013 SRT Viper away this Friday as free DLC. This DLC will include a full Autovista experience as well. Free top of the line American Supercars anyone? We aim to please!

This was in the Rear View Mirror 6/18/12 at the very bottom so move over ZR1 cause Daddy is home and spankings are gonna be free and often!!!!!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

SRT Viper Coming to You All for Free This Friday  Empty Re: SRT Viper Coming to You All for Free This Friday

Post  Remaggib Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:26 pm

You had me at free.

Can't wait to put a hurting on another Viper with my Transit Van!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

SRT Viper Coming to You All for Free This Friday  Empty WARNING!! POTENTIAL THREAD HI-JACK...

Post  Sorta05 Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Great news! Free is certainly good, especially after getting ripped off by the porsche pack.

Squid I think the Viper will destroy the ZR1 in the game. Partially because I think the Viper is actually a faster car and secondly because I think the ZR1 got the shaft in Forza and here's an example of why:

So the ZR1 in real life can keep up with the SV670, but according to the games rating system these cars aren't even close. I don't remember the numbers off the top of my head but I know my brother and I raced each other with stock versions of these cars and the lambo runs away and has a higher index score. Bottom line I think the ZR1 gets shafted in the game (or the lambo is overrated).

So I suspect the Viper will indeed be much faster in the game and even as a die hard Chevy guy I expect the Viper to be faster then the ZR1 in the real world. If it's not I will be very disappointed. I will say a new Vette is due next year... Competition means we all win Wink

Here's an interesting thought: Could it be possible the Viper will have the Vette's magnetic shock system? After all Ferrari purchased the rights from GM to use it on their cars and FIAT owns Ferrari and Dodge...
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

SRT Viper Coming to You All for Free This Friday  Empty Re: SRT Viper Coming to You All for Free This Friday

Post  Ex US Squid Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:14 pm

I dont think so... just double checked with Allpar and hear is what I found on the shocks.

"...the suspension has been thoroughly retuned with new Bilstein® aluminum-body shocks, spring rates and hollow front- and rear-stabilizer bars. The Viper GTS uses new gas-charged, monotube Bilstein Damptronic Select aluminum-bodied shock absorbers with large 46 mm pistons. The new two-mode shocks have street and track settings, selectable through a switch on the console. In street mode, the shocks are designed to provide a compliant ride, while still providing damping levels appropriate for the extreme capabilities of the SRT Viper GTS; race mode goes all out.

Do you think its the Vette thats shafted or maybe the Lambo thats over build in FM4? I would hope they are close with the newer Viper being only marginally superior rather than just blow the ZR1s doors off. Mostly I just wanted to take a shot at Tux and his love for the Vette and let him know I will be expecting a stock vs stock race off Friday. Run what ya brung and if he wants I send the Viper back to Archer Racing and let Tommy and Bobby build it up to race spec and spank his ZR1 there too. I really wish the SRT GTS-R was included. Then I could dump the Comp Coupe for the more fitting SRT GTS-R. But maybe we will get one later on before my turn is up and my series is started.

Suppose thats if I even run GT2 cars for a series. I will be posting here in the next week my other idea and see what everyone thinks. Do a poll and let ya'll work it...errrr.... vote for the series that sounds the most fun.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:37 pm

Ex US Squid wrote:Do you think its the Vette thats shafted or maybe the Lambo thats over build in FM4?

Your guess is as good as mine...

I think we should run a modern GT2 series. Meaning current and maybe cars from a couple of seasons ago (ford gt, 430) cars only. I know everyone wants variety but there is already 6 cars or so to choose from and Tux spent a lot of time on cars no one used in the current series.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:16 pm

Well I only have 4 additions to the field of even GT2 cars and of that only three stand a decent shot at making the list at this point... Hopefully I will get some side by side comparisons soon and heave more to tell ya'll. I think here tonight I plan on running some more laps to see where each car stands. So far I have the BMW RLL M3, 06 M3, Jag XKR, Vette ZR1, Viper Comp, Lambo, 911 GT3 RSR, F430, 458, Ford GT for sure in. The wild cards will be the Panoz, Audi R8 LMS, Lotus Evora. So far it looks like the only way to incorporate the Merc SLS GT3 car is to bump the power up to 700+(only power option) and then put it in a bucket with around 20% power decrease to get it back down to earth.

Time will tell through testing. Although my 80-90s International Sports Car ST(Bclass)/GT(Sclass) club series is still one I really want to see fleshed out too. It has a ton of potential with less chance of wasted builds cause I would have everyone grab a car from a list and build it to spec from there. Each class will have 20+ to choose from and I wont begin testing until everyone commits to the idea and then chooses a car they want to drive vs a car that they see is fast(est). So you would be driving a car you love and they will be competitive also! Win Win if everyone wants this idea.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:28 am

So I heard on the FM.net forums that the Viper was already listed in the auction house under the manufacturer "Viper" and just double checked. Sure enough, "Viper" is in the manufacturer list. Not sure if thats the place holder for the SRT or actually going to be the designated brand name in FM. Also rumor was that "Challenger 392" is under Dodge in the auction search tab. So I wonder if the Challenger is in the Viper pack or is this early leak of a 392 coming for the July DLC... My bet is that it is July DLC. Either way thats freakin sweet!!! 2 Mopars in a 2 week span!

Stalker will you think about the 392 for the Pirelli World Challenge GTS field or hold off because its technically not on the SCCA approval list?
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:10 pm

It might have too much power. I would probably have to make it heavier than the SRT.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down