Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Horizon release video

+5
Remaggib
Avanti 63r1025
TuxTshirt
StalkerStang
Sorta05
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Forza Horizon release video - Page 2 Empty Re: Forza Horizon release video

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:24 am

Id pick on me.... Im starting to enjoy the self deprecation. I feel it gives me an advantage to something.... Not sure what it is yet but Ill figure it out. While Im doing so can I barrow your Ipod? Errrrr I mean your "G/Fs" Ipod?
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:10 pm

I believe they will have some news about the next Motorsport at E3, it's in June. Turn 10 has nearly eight months until then. Sure, E3 announcements aren't everything as developers release games without representation at E3 but there's only one more E3 show between now and May 2014. If nothing is said at next year's show I don't see Motorsport 5 making an appearance at E3 2014 unless the game is scheduled for a post-second quarter 2014 release, a long time after October 11, 2011.

Dan Greenawalt likes [prefers] to stay on their "every two years" shipment for Forza Motorsport. This time Turn 10 is dealing with a system change, something they haven't dealt with since the split between the first two titles. At that time they only overshot by a handful of weeks. Hell, they missed by a larger margin between the second and third titles, and those games were for the same console.

Release dates for North America
  • Forza Motorsport = May 3, 2005
  • Forza Motorsport 2 = May 29, 2007
  • Forza Motorsport 3 = October 27, 2009
  • Forza Motorsport 4 = October 11, 2011
  • Forza Horizon = October 23, 2012
It can be safe to presume they won't make an October 2013 release for a fifth Motorsport title as that's just one year from now. That is unless Microsoft is being secretive and the next generation console will be ready before the middle of next year. The more realistic view is we see the new console next holiday season and Forza Motorsport 5 is a launch title … or better still! The neXtBox has a packaged console option, including Forza Motorsport 5.

Everything above is personal speculation using past performance as an indicator

*Edit this changes things.

Last edited by Avanti 63r1025 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Noted)
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:20 pm

If that's the case I see myself buying horizon once it's like $10 a copy with all the DLC and then waiting anther year for the nextgen console to go down in price. That or get GT5 to pass the time. With the escalation in prices I wouldn't put it past them for the nextbox to cost $600 or more.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:44 pm

Shoot I may get GT5 again someday SORTA so Ill wreck ya in GT as well if ya go back haha. The every 2 years is about as close as you can get without cause a franchise becoming stagnant like the Need For Speed or COD... Both have a loyal core audience but it ends there. Ive even had fans of the COD series mention a bit of burnout due to the every year release schedule.

E3 nods and announcements are a tricky business but they have the now industry standard timing placement for announcements due to the window between the early June show and the upcoming Holiday Release window. I wish more games came out in the Summer but we may see more of that in the future. Many are delaying til early spring now so time will tell.

I foresee at most just acknowledgement of FM5s existence at E3 2012 but that will be all. E3 2013 will be a much better timing to show off the game play and visuals for a Next Box release. 2013 Holiday is still very much a possibility for NextBox. Only rumors so far so who knows whats concrete. Bioware very quietly announced that Dragon Age 3 was in the works officially at E3 this year and there is a huge fanbase for that game. Its not uncommon to only hear about a game in development.

Shoot look at the Wii U! That gimmick turd comes out in a month or so and we only just got any concrete evidence on it back at E3 this year and they only about a month ago started allowing preview hands on demos! Thats cutting it super close to launch. Really it all depends on the Dev and Publisher agreements. Until then I have ME3, Assassins Creed 3, Halo 4, and Skyrim to play!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:45 pm

The companies aim to keep their consoles in the $300 range as best they can. I envision the new high end XBox console being about $350 - $400 with a lesser cost option hovering about $275 - $325. Once consoles cost anything greater than $500 people may as well build up a personal computer for gaming.

The fortunate/unfortunate thing about consoles (depending upon your view) is, they're disposable. After six years a console is relegated to the garbage can. They're not built with upgrading in mind. If consoles would shift to becoming small case gaming computers with replaceable memory & processors they could last longer.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:04 pm

Avanti 63r1025 wrote:The companies aim to keep their consoles in the $300 range as best they can. I envision the new high end XBox console being about $350 - $400 with a lesser cost option hovering about $275 - $325. Once consoles cost anything greater than $500 people may as well build up a personal computer for gaming.

The fortunate/unfortunate thing about consoles (depending upon your view) is, they're disposable. After six years a console is relegated to the garbage can. They're not built with upgrading in mind. If consoles would shift to becoming small case gaming computers with replaceable memory & processors they could last longer.

The current console came out when? 2005 (xbox)? It won't be replaced until 2013 at the earliest that's 8 years! The better part of a decade. With every new generation the interval seems to get stretched further.

I seem to remember paying $400 for mine when it was new... a lousy 20gb hard drive came with it (which was descent for the time). That'w why I wouldn't' be surprised if it cost $500 or more for the top tier consoles. If you look at inflation over a decade it's not hard to see that $500 is about the same as $400 when you consider the time value of money. Each generation they go up in price. I don't remember what the NES cost but I bet it was only a $100 or less!
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Well think about the price of a game itself over the last 15 years.... Its been between $50-$60 dollars. The gaming community and economy works a lil bit different then others in that all to often people will go freakin apeshit if they feel that something isnt good enough for them. Remember that annoying BS that happened over Mass Effect 3s ending? Bioware makes the game they wanted to make and the fans(trolls IMO) went so far as to open a lawsuit against Bioware claiming that the fans were grossly mistreated and ripped off forcing Bioware to rewrite a new ending to the game and put it out.

I hate that mentality but in essence that is the group that has kept the price of games down as well as the consoles themselves. The reason this cycles consoles have neared a decade of service is for the internet update revolution that has allowed Sony, Nintendo, and Glorious Microsoft to pump new features and updates to keep the console fresh while Developers still work on getting the max out of each consoles capabilities.... We actually are only just now seeing the full power of a Developer and the games they make for our console just now. Skyrim, Halo 4, Forza 4, Assassins Creed 3 will be among the games that utilize most of what our Xbox can do in current form.

A huge help also has been the gaming engines like Cryteks CryEngine, Epics Unreal Engine, and the Frostbite Engine have been tweaked and overhauled as coders figure out new tricks over time on how to maximize the potential. A great example is Bathesda Softworks The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. That game is one of the most insane console games as far as scope and all the things always going on at once. Hundreds if no thousands of NPCs are always there in the world going about a daily life, doing there own thing in a huge free roam world that is 100% interactible and yet the game is all on only 3.7gb of disc. Freakin crazy how they did that but given the amount of time we have had in this cycle its not surprising.

I think we will see a very small price increase of say maybe $5-$10 bucks for a game at most and only a max of $25 bucks on the consoles. If you change to much the risk is poor sales and the worry that it will be labeled as such while your competition undercuts you and sells a crap ton. Then your console is devalued and considered lame duck. Thats why we always see price cuts. Shoot Nintendo did this only a few months after the release of the 3DS. They cut the price first $50 then not to long ago I heard they cut the price again. Its all on how the economy of our sector works that ultimately controls all of this.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:49 pm

Yep, NES was $100 when it was released. I fail see the point of consoles being more than $400, tops. If the next generation consoles are $600, I'll leave the console world and update my computer to better play P.C. games.

The XBox 360 was released in 2005 though six years later (last year) it was beyond done. Microsoft had to release an XBox 360 S to bridge the gap and extend the 360's life. Technology advances too quickly to keep a console around for much longer unless the console allows for expansionism. New and better hardware is released every week. New hardware has been released ever since XBox 360 came out and a majority of that new stuff is not in the 360. It's beyond time to put the new stuff in a new console.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:40 pm

Avanti 63r1025 wrote:If the next generation consoles are $600, I'll leave the console world and update my computer to better play P.C. games.

Thats the biggest factor! Awesome point Geoff. With a bitchin gaming computer with screen only costing around $1100 bucks now the gap is close and getting smaller. And many now have HDMI out on them like my shit laptop that was only $600 bucks 2 years ago and you dont need a screen then so that makes the Desktop bigscreen ready for $800-$900. So if you have a console that is not upgrade friendly and only $200 bucks cheaper then it will never work. Costs of chips and hardware production is cheaper now and continues that way. So the Console doesnt have to be $600. Remember when the PS2 was rumored to be $500 bucks? There was so much backlash that they changed the price before the console launched. Then the PS3 launched around $500 and sold so freakin poorly after the day one frenzy and had to be discounted.

Avanti 63r1025 wrote:The XBox 360 was released in 2005 though six years later (last year) it was beyond done. Microsoft had to release an XBox 360 S to bridge the gap and extend the 360's life...

Sort of correct but the games look very well on the 2005 consoles still and only degradation and life expectancy were the majority factors for the update. You know this as well or more so than me that the less the console spends at taxing output the lower the heat output and the longer the life. Because the demand for small size is so great and sound output is expected to be very quiet that you can only cool the console so well. Haha a lil off track for the thread but heres a couple shots of my Jimmy-rigged cooling setup for my console that has dropped heat exhaust temps a metric asston in Fahrenheit cause Celsius Sucks and this has stopped Forza from hanging and freezing completely! It aint pretty but it works.

Forza Horizon release video - Page 2 IMG-20121016-00050
Forza Horizon release video - Page 2 IMG-20121016-00051

Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:14 pm

I see you too store things in the BEST BOXES EVER.

Kuddos...

Continue.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:16 pm

Haha you mean my Rubbermade tubs?
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:17 pm

That fan setup is only about $25 bucks and taped together to force the air directly into my xbox
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:33 pm

Ex US Squid wrote:Haha you mean my Rubbermade tubs?

No - Rubbermaids suck. They have very, very low density plastics, and they break way too easily.

I know you know what I mean, and now you know that I know that you know, so don't act like you don't know that I know, 'cause I know that you know that I know that you know, ya know?
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:36 pm

Umm, how does the box help? I am confused? If anything, you're restricting the flow of air. Or is there something we're not seeing in the pics???
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:39 pm

had mine for years and they have lasted trips to Japan, Afghanistan, Washington to Nebraska and then back to Oregon over the past 10 years. And I may not stuff my boxes as much as yours but I still put a ton of weight in em and they have done well. Maybe just depends on what type of tub youve used compared to the ones I got. Rolling Eyes
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:56 pm

Well, maybe I got some bad ones. Anyway, I meant the Mopar boxes...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:20 am

There is no boxes but two fans melded together with duct tape and packing tape. Bottom is a 10inch 3 speed fan rotated to face directly up and taped to keep it locked in place. Then ontop of that is a small lap top fan that is usb powered.... I first used the laptop fan but its week so I went Tim The Toolman Taylor on it and taped the bigger fan to it. All the airflow is forced directly up to the bottom of the Xbox and I even removed to cover that enclosed the space where the hardrive is located to get the most out of my fan monster. You can feel the vents around the xbox and tell there is air moving through it.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:25 am

Ahhh, I see it now. I thought it was a crushed box...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2