Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Horizon (Explicit Content)

+3
Smus
C4PT41N SL0W
Avanti 63r1025
7 posters

Go down

Forza Horizon (Explicit Content) Empty Forza Horizon (Explicit Content)

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:23 am

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/forza_horizon_announce/

I don't know exactly what this game will contain. My best guess is it'll compete in the real-world roaming category like Test Drive: Unlimited. I may be down for that but I'll still be waiting for Forza Motorsport 5 on the neXtBox, and hoping it lives up to its numerical value. Laughing
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Forza Horizon (Explicit Content) Empty Re: Forza Horizon (Explicit Content)

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:04 pm

I can't wait to see what it's all about... I can do without the raves and techo/house/trance/dubstep but an open world environment with Forza cars, graphics, customization, etc would be awesome. That means I can finally build street cruisers that actually matter lol
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Looks like there will be dirt involved too! I guesd the production team worked on Dirt, Grid, and a few others. I loved the NFS open world concept.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:50 pm

Until I see more, one word comes to mind.....

GAY
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  sbclowrider Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:26 pm

I Agree with Stalker.
sbclowrider
sbclowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:15 pm

I am actually pulling for Forza: Horizon in one major way- split the herd. Should Horizon come out and appeal to the drifters, street racers, and the eight-year old crashers, I'm all for that. Hopefully that will leave racers (circuit, oval, & drag) to enjoy and play the Forza Motorsport franchise.

Okay, strike that, two major ways- Playground Games is the developer for Forza: Horizon (which I believe came from the rumors of Forza: World). Turn 10 and Playground Games will be in constant communication with each other. It will be in this constant communication where I hope Dan G. comes across this type of scenario, "Oh hey Mr. ______. No, keep that feature out of Horizon, that'll be a good addition to the 5th iteration of F.M." I always welcome official new thinkers to the Forza team (not F.M.net members), even if the official new thinkers are subcontracting.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:25 pm

StalkerStang wrote:Until I see more, one word comes to mind.....

GAY

It very well could be but I'm choosin' to be more optimistic because I'd love nothin' more than to scream down a desert highway in a Chevelle SS454... that and if it sucked I'd be very disappointed
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:33 pm

Ha the video made me think of the same thing Stalker! I doubt Ill play it but if I do most likely will be just because there is the Turn10 connection but I forsee it being as crappy as NFS The Run. Although Avanti we could see this as the best thing if they take all the stupid casual gamer junk from FM and put it into Horizon and it succeeds then we may see them use FM5 as hardcore sim with none of the casual junk knowing that those folks will hit up Horizon instead. Interesting.... Oh and the Dev cycle for Triple A games are getting into the 9 digit range so we may need a big ass lottery ticket win to fund one. Im gonna buy them more often I think.... Although you know if I hit 9digits lotto win F FM Im gonna go be an ahole at the back of the pack like Robby Gordon in Cup and run a bunch of sports car and ton of Trophy Truck races.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:30 pm

Looks like Bullrun to me...

Just sayin'...

Hopefully, "Horizon" isn't Forza 5???
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:31 pm

This video → http://www.gametrailers.com/video/heritage-interview-forza-horizon/727668 shows Dan taking an interesting branch starting at 1:16.

I have an interesting thought, excuse me while I kick the proverbial donuts and coffee around the table. Turn 10 entered a partnership with the American Le Mans Series last year (announced Aug. '11). Also, I was browsing the forzamotorsport.net forums a little bit on Tuesday and noticed a few other people have the "split the herd" mindset.

I wonder then, is Horizon coming for an underlying reason? Did Dr. Don Panoz agree to partner with Forza Motorsport under conditions? There are high percentages I'm wrong going down this line of thinking though I also know licensing can be a finicky acquisition. The company whose license is being acquired can set some guidelines. Did the A.L.M.S. agree to licensing as long as "stuff" (read as: neon underglow, naaaaawwwwwwwsss, street racers, drifting and such) wasn't allowed in / became disassociated with Forza Motorsport? Did the A.L.M.S. say, "Yes! We will provide you vehicles, access to series tracks, and important data to code if … "? Horizon will wear the Forza badge, what it won't wear is the "Motorsport" part of that badge.

I am hoping the Forza Motorsport series becomes more complicated on the customization and tuning side. In a perfect world, Turn 10 would find a way for Forza Motorsport to be complex enough to please hardcore gearheads while keeping the game enjoyable for those with slightly less understanding, and being outright frustrating to the young crashers. I want the last named demographic to quit playing. They should play on the Wii console or buy one of those foam rubber play mats and play with their Hot Wheels.

Another thought is, the Turn 10 team saw requests in the now defunct Forza 4 Features Request forum asking for "stuff" and they thought, "We can give this to the people, Lord knows it's only coding, but these aren't real motorsports enhancements so we'll have to create a spin-off series to include those features."

On another wave length, what if the two games were kept separate but kept a few common links like DLC, the auction house, and the storefront? Players of Horizon could buy liveries and tuning setups from storefronts on Motorsport, Horizon players could auction a car where Motorsport players could purchase.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:53 pm

That video spells it out for me perfectly.

All the drifters, rallyers, and people who loved Need for Speed and games like that are gonna go ga-ga over Horizion. They'll get their Lambo's, Skylines, Fiesta rally cars, the niche manufacturers like Mosler and Gumpert with minimal racing pedigree to go blasting all over a digital world like every NFS game since Underground 2. Minimal tuning, just plug-n-play, no parts jumbling. I mean from the little bit that I played Grid (and I enjoyed it quite a bit) there wasn't much of parts upgrades if any...same with Dirt...just grab a car and run on the track. It was a decent racing game, but the lack of customization (that didn't involve Naaaaaaawz and underglow) kinda did it for me.

Codemasters Eco engine was absolutely beautiful, maybe even nicer than the one that Forza and GT have used, but I think a lot of that was due to the dynamic lighting. The one demo track I played was a street track, so the light to darkness bits were really neat and the cars looked pretty amazing. Hopefully it'll be enough to draw the hardcore drifters and their ilk away from FM to FH. I'll prolly still buy FH though...I mean if its got T10 and Mr. Dan's approval, it'll be decent at least.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:00 pm

More interesting points there Smus.

If Horizon is created for the drift crowd, complete tracks aren't necessary. Yes the whole track could be modeled though in Forza: Horizon, Playground Games could include the small sections as ribbons of certain tracks. Real-world drifters only use the sections of turn 9 turn 10a and 10b and the attached loop at Road Atlanta, the turn 7 complex at Infineon, and the western half of Thunderhill Raceway Park.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:16 pm

Right. The Muslanne straight is used by top speed junkies and the "cruises" while the rest of the track is wholly unused. The development dollars could be increased and T10 could use Playgrounds HQ in the UK as a base during Firza 5 development to reduce travel to European tracks, not to mention the information and brain power by possibly soreading tbe workload for both games over 2 development teams.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:04 pm

Well I dont care at all just as long as this time they fix the one fundamental flaw that makes FM4 borderline unusable and thats no G*D**M small block Mopars! I want a F****n 340 right meow!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:21 pm

Well I feel better now... cursing always helps Cool
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:44 pm

You tell 'em Squid. C'mon. Curse like a sailor clown
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:17 am

Mitch: I've had a hell of a day and even worse week. And all I want to do is get some fucking sleep.
Beanie: Whoa. Whoa. Why the F-ing? Why in front of the kid? All ya gotta do is say "earmuffs" to him, and you can say "Fuck, shit, bitch."
Frank: Cock. Balls.
Beanie: I'm just trying to make a point, Frank. You don't have to celebrate it.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:57 pm

Horizon 2 is coming and here's an IGN article / video combination for starters; I suspect we'll hear more about Horizon during E3 next week.

I hope some of Horizon's concepts make their way into Motorsport 6.
Coding from Horizon's car meet [I'll idle at the track's paddock all day during qualifying and my Xbox will note your times as you come in, qualify, and leave.]
The dynamic sky, headlights, and weather changes.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:33 pm

They have been adverting H2 on xbox.com since the weekend.   Microsoft claims they have so many huge GAME announcements that they had to cut a bunch out of their 90 min conference on the 9th.  Halo 5: Guardians got pre-announced as well.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:48 am

SooooOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOooooooooooooooooo FH2 leaked pics popped up and then supposedly were IMMEDIATELY pulled down from IGN.com as reported here on gamespot about 14 hours ago or so according to the posted date:

And the big leak is what might happen when driving around in this:

RAIN!!!

Probably not that big of a surprise... I kinda always thought it was a matter of when and not if wet would come to Forza. Seems Horizon is becoming the guinea pig for some features that get put in the following Motorsport.  I think I will once again get Horizon and then give it back to GameStop a week later when Im bored of it haha.

Forza Horizon (Explicit Content) Forza-10
Forza Horizon (Explicit Content) Forzah10
Forza Horizon (Explicit Content) Screen10

Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:42 pm

Yep, the IGN article mentioned adverse weather and I am really looking forward to FM6. I'll have to pay down my cards and get ready for an Xbox One / Motorsport 6 at launch, holiday season 2015.

I recall Dan's answer pertaining to features most asked for in Forza. He said it's all a matter of time, that he wants the implementation to be perfect and won't include such-and-such until the conditions are just right.

More about the cross-talk: Horizon 2 is getting Motorsport 5's Drivatar system. If you've already driven in M5 your Drivatar will behave the same way in H2 because it references the same Cloud data.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:28 pm

I have been saying that about all the misguided bitching about FM5.  Everyone seems to think Turn10 doesnt give a shit and that the IP has peaked and that it will die out soon.  And on and on....   Actually I think they really just didnt have time.  Aside from some rare games, most games at launch of a new console suck balls for the most part.  Look back and 90% are games you would never replay after the first year post launch goes by.  Forza was given a hard deadline that was way to soon.  They are still adding tracks and cars and features because they were planned from the start and only now are said features done and ready.   Starting this fall the real next gen titles will show why it was worth it to shell out 400-500 bucks.   I cant wait for Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Halo Master Chief Edition, Shadow Of Mordor, Evolve, Assassins Creed 4, Far Cry 4, Witcher 3.... and I even want to play Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive and the new Call of Kevin Spacey's Duty.

A shit ton of games!  My Gamefly subscription may get bumped to 3 a month to handle this winter.  Although the first three games listed are already paid off.  I aint messin round.  I got games to play!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:06 pm

Mopar now has a digital answer to the Ford Raptor
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh2_car_reveals
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down