Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kind of lost, need tuning help.

5 posters

Go down

Kind of lost, need tuning help. Empty Kind of lost, need tuning help.

Post  StalkerStang Sun May 13, 2012 6:43 pm

So let me start by saying I hate the 05 Mustang. Add to that, I also hate the real 05-09 Mustangs, I think they are ugly as hell, slow and overweight. Unless its a GT500, or a Saleen, I'm not a fan.....

Back to Forza world, I loved my Cobra in AI, it handled so much better, and I could deal with it's downfall's. This 05 car is no fun, but I would rather run this 05 Stang and lose, then jump to any other manufacturer.

So, yeah it hauls ass, but thats all I can say for it. I've been tring to dial it in for a while now, and it was somewhat ok, but Tsukuba really showed this car's downfalls.

Two problems I can't seem to fix. One is worse than the other.
- Horrible corner exit
- Understeer just after corner entry, and worse at mid corner.

Corner Exit

Any touch of throttle sends this car sideways. I have been running Tsukuba for a while since it greatly reveals this problem. Watching the telemetry, as little as 150-200 HP throws this car sideways. I am damn near crawling out of every corner. Anyone who has raced near me can witness this. I can enter the corner as hard as nearly anyone, but as soon as I try to come out of the corner, everyone is on my ass.

Understeer through turning.

It just doesn't want to turn. Coming into the corner is good. But I slow down much more than mostly everyone else at apex. On long sweeping turns, such as Turn 6 on Tsukuba, I need to let off the gas because the car pushes real hard to the outside. If it does hold traction, I can feel the tires really scrubbing hard and I know I lose a bunch of speed, as others are right on my bumper through this area.

If anyone wants to help I appreciate it. If not, GFY..... kidding..... Alright I'm going to shoot some people in the face on COD now....
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Kind of lost, need tuning help. Empty Re: Kind of lost, need tuning help.

Post  Sorta05 Sun May 13, 2012 8:35 pm

I just went through this exact problem with the corvette's setup. I didn't fix it completely but I made it better. The problem is that the track is pretty low speed and requires a lot of mechanical grip. To get more mechanical grip you need to lower your spring, shock, and sway bar rates (prob about 100#'s for the springs). This will help with traction on the way out. The under steer is just the balance between front and rear springs and sway bar. The trade off is the car won't be as responsive.

I found this on the forums and the advanced part of it really helped me dial the car in:
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/5377864.aspx
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun May 13, 2012 10:06 pm

I would be happy to help you Stalker. Would you still like help for Tsukuba, or do you need it for this week's race at Catalunya?
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun May 13, 2012 11:48 pm

Sorta05 wrote:I just went through this exact problem with the corvette's setup. I didn't fix it completely but I made it better. The problem is that the track is pretty low speed and requires a lot of mechanical grip. To get more mechanical grip you need to lower your spring, shock, and sway bar rates (prob about 100#'s for the springs). This will help with traction on the way out. The under steer is just the balance between front and rear springs and sway bar. The trade off is the car won't be as responsive.

I found this on the forums and the advanced part of it really helped me dial the car in:
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/5377864.aspx

So true. I really loosened the Viper's front end up at Tsukuba by lowering the spring rate, tire pressure, and arbs. I also set my front toe to 0, and left camber relatively high and caster at the max. The front springs and arbs were lower than the rear settings, which helped transfer weight to the front tires under braking, and allowed me to come in a little hotter without having to worry about my front locking up under heavy braking.

Also, at Squids suggestion, I lowered my rear diff to only 15%. That made a huge difference, and eliminated almost all issues with excessive oversteer under modest acceleration on corner exit...

Also, I've noticed that both the Neon and Viper respond better to lower spring and arb settings than stiffer ones.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Mon May 14, 2012 8:23 pm

That is one thing I tried. I softened up the spring rate a bit and it seemed more controlable. I'll have to look at the shocks and the bars too. I still hate this car.....
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon May 14, 2012 8:31 pm

Hey next time youre on gift me your tune and I will toy with it for a bit... Sometimes I get lucky and manage to BS myself a pretty decent tune.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon May 14, 2012 8:46 pm

StalkerStang wrote:That is one thing I tried. I softened up the spring rate a bit and it seemed more controlable. I'll have to look at the shocks and the bars too. I still hate this car.....

Lowering front ARBs and/or raising rear ARBs will help loosen steady state cornering, if you're looking for more oversteer on turn-in to get you rotated sooner, try raising your rear rebound setting. Wheel slip on corner exit will never go away all together if you hit the throttle too hard. It's just the nature of the beast...the powerful, lightweight, RWD, no TCS beast.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down