Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle of Athens

3 posters

Go down

Battle of Athens Empty Battle of Athens

Post  Sorta05 Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:47 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Battle of Athens Empty Re: Battle of Athens

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:54 pm

Two words, history repeats.

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana (1863-1952)

This historical example looks eerily similar to events happening (or on the verge of happening) today.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:19 am

That's pretty good to know, thanks for post Sorta.

After doing some digging of my own on the entire idea of an insurrection, it became blatantly clear to me that unless massive force is used, the entire idea of a small band doing something on a large scale is quite impossible.

It was a little disheartening to find out that it was under Thomas Jefferson that the Insurrection Act of 1803 was passed. Thankfully the amendments placed on it in 2006 were repealed in 2008, although I can understand why they were modified after the debacle that was the Federal, State, and Local response to the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. That being said, I'm glad the repeals were done.

I like the idea of local people defending their rights to honest and free elections. I wish we had more people who had the ability to stand up where voter intimidation and possible fraud has taken place. So many things that could maybe be changed with a show of force by "the People" who unfortunately have been dumbed down and made complacent by the bread and circuses given to them.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down