Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The MLB Thread

3 posters

Go down

The MLB Thread Empty The MLB Thread

Post  Simcik Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:33 am

Really, how has this one not come up???

My Rangers clinched the playoffs today, and are still holding on to the lead in the AL West -c'mon three-peat!!! Now if we can just win 4 in the big one, and not just 3... Sad
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The MLB Thread Empty Re: The MLB Thread

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:51 am

Heh heh heh. And they should have gotten on a plane after that double-header split with the Angels to come play in Oakland. OAK would be the most direct airport destination though SFO is bigger and the Coliseum is just across the bay from there.

Psst! I like your manager. "Wash" has been a great addition to Texas. I remember watching him make decisions to send or hold A's runners home from the 3B coach's box. I am glad he got the Texas job to be closer to his family. Katrina screwed some of their property and I'm sure having him closer was a relief to them.

The A.L. is stuffed full of exciting races involving these last three regular season games. Baltimore and New York are tied in the East. Realistically seven teams are fighting over five available spaces. Of those five spaces only four teams will hang around for more than one game into the post-season. MLB decided to allow two wild cards this year where they have a one game playoff, loser goes home. The regular season ends Wednesday and the post-season officially starts Friday. No games will be played Thursday unless a division ends in a tie then Thursday will see additional one game deciders.

On top of the playoff races, Detroit's Miguel Cabrera is going for the triple crown but Josh Hamilton, Mike Trout, and Joe Mauer are able to play spoiler and ruin his chances in either the HR or AVE category. Miguel pretty much has the RBI category sealed away as he's got nine more than Hamilton.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  maxximilllion Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:53 am

Damn Buccos had me again this year, just when you think the glory days of "We are Family" is making a return, the team drops 19 games in Sept, ouch! Still, I'm like a moth to the flame, have to watch them when there're on.

Pulling for the A's, that's a fun team to watch and I really hate the Rays, more the Ray's fans down here, they are pathetic, no show then complain about attendance and blame it on location. I've been to 19 MLB stadiums and the Trop is by far the easiest to get in and out of, tons of parking and lots of highway option to escape downtown.

maxximilllion
maxximilllion

http://www.neinshiza.net84.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:16 pm

We are set.

The National League race watched the Dodgers pack up and go home, proving the huge trade with the Red Sox didn't help them this season. The National League's wild card game will be between the Cardinals and the Braves. San Francisco will match up with Cincinnati and the wild card winner will face Washington.

The American League saw Miguel Cabrera finish with the league lead in batting average, runs batted in, and homeruns. He will earn baseball's triple crown for the 2012 season, the first awarded since Carl Yastrzemski earned it in 1967. The Rays and Angels dropped out of the post season. The Rangers and Orioles will be fighting for the American League wild card; a pairing nobody would've seen coming a week ago, let alone any further out. Oakland will play Detroit and the wild card winner will face New York. All I've got to say is, down with the Yankees! Sooner rather than later, please.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:48 pm

I see the 's meeting up with the Rangers again for the AL title... I knew three consecutive AL West titles would be hard, but I'd rather them refocus now and improve through the playoffs, than squeak in by getting past the A's and feeling like they were on top of things only to loose in the first round.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:51 pm

[Posting a few days late] The post-season team matchups are all set. Games won follow team name.
American League
Yankees - 3Orioles - 2
Athletics - 2Tigers - 3
National League
Nationals - 2Cardinals - 3
Reds - 2Giants - 3
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:33 am

The League Championship Series are set. Games won follow team name.
American League
Yankees - 0Tigers - 4
National League
Giants - 4Cardinals - 3
I'm hoping for a classic New York vs. New York World Series. That would be the New York Yankees vs. the New York Giants (moved to San Francisco).

Well, scratch that idea; the Tigers won the American League Championship series.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:25 am

The World Series is set. Games won follow team name.
World Series
Tigers - 0Giants - 4

Last edited by Avanti 63r1025 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:32 am

Haha - scratch your idea? Atleast your lasted more than a 1 game!!! Haha... Stupid Rangers...

Alright, go Tigers! Verlander seems nice enough... And the Giants got there's a few years ago against my Rangers...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:39 am

Giants sweep the Tigers. No more baseball played until spring training 2013. I'll still keep my eyes on Billy Beane's shuffles.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down