Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A freeway trip

3 posters

Go down

A freeway trip Empty A freeway trip

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:00 pm

The Mopar guys will appreciate this story.

If I am recalling correctly, this had to have been in '96. I was living with my dad, my brother and sister were living at our mom's house. We were supposed to do the every other weekend routine, though I pretty firmly spent time with our dad and my sister pretty firmly spent time with our mom. My brother was the only one who regularly followed the schedule. My dad gave me the job of driving down every other Friday to pick up my brother and bring him back.

It was on the trip to pick up my brother (680 SB) I encountered a cool car. I was in the Avanti and I caught up to a Charger 500. We spent a good number of miles admiring each other's rare vehicle until they exited the freeway. Years later I told the story to my uncle. He asked how I knew it was a 500, aside from the badges. I told him it was because of the flush rear window and he nodded in agreement. I figured if you're going to fake a Charger 500 and you go to the length of installing a flush rear window, you're a die hard and more power to ya.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

A freeway trip Empty Re: A freeway trip

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:59 pm

Also the grill is different on a Charger 500 and the Vin tag numbers afro
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:30 pm

Yep, I saw the grille too. We did one of those, "I'll take a look at this side of your car so you can take a look at the other side of my car … okay now SWITCH!" things down the freeway. From a helicopter's perspective we must've looked like we were orbiting each other while rolling down the freeway.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:30 pm

You gotta love gearheads!
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content