Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 NHL Playoffs

5 posters

Go down

2012 NHL Playoffs Empty 2012 NHL Playoffs

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:33 pm

There are some dirty series this year. Teams not playing in a dirty series should take notice because a few of these teams are going to advance.

• The finish of STL/SJS game two got nasty. The local TV announcers said, "There appears to be a yard sale of equipment" as Blues and Sharks players started shenanigans after the final buzzer.
  • Today's PIT/PHI game three is plain gnarly. Two Penguins and one Flyer have been ejected and it's only the end of the first period. The rest of the game should be interesting.

2012 NHL Playoffs 2zpupkz 2012 NHL Playoffs A0xeko

STL/SJS above left. PIT/PHI above right.

The uh, Flyers/Penguins game three was like a Gettysburg reenactment in ice hockey format.

Last edited by Avanti 63r1025 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

2012 NHL Playoffs Empty Re: 2012 NHL Playoffs

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:02 pm

You know it baby! And I've got a dog in the fight. I'm a Flyers fan, and I usually try to remain as objective as possible, but this needs to be said.

The brand of hockey that Pit is playing is deplorable. One word comes to mind.....pussies. Throw their heads back when someone grazes their jersey. Case in point, game 2. Letang after the play, gets shoved on his hip, throws his head back like a horse kicked him in the chin. And they do this ALOT. Maybe if they would concentrate on playing hockey, instead of perfecting their "pussy" act, they wouldn't be allowing 8 goals per game. I used to respect Crosby because he's the arguably the best hockey player in the world, however it's gone now. Players with talent like his don't need to play like pussies. Little bitch. And, leaders don't lose their cool like he did today. Asham and Neal? Those incidents need to be looked at hard. It's obvious Neal was targeting Couturier. What's wrong James, a kid is owning the league's best point producer? Oh, and Letang, I belive the "shush" has been delivered. See you in game 4 you dripping vaginas.

Rant over.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:06 am

I got to sit next to a Pens fan for a while in college, Cindy was her primary reason...when it comes to the Eastern Conference, I'm a Sens fan, but I've always thought of Philly as a more physically aggressive team...so the highlights from game 3 were awesome.

Personally I'm looking forward to the new system for dividing the teams up into 4 divisions...doesn't make much sense to me that here in Minnesota we play Detroit and Chicago much less than Edmonton and Vancouver, which makes it hard to watch the games due to the 3 hour later start time.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:15 am

Tux, what you describe is similar to Robin Williams' routine about soccer players. He jokes that soccer players are actors, overplaying the contact and pretending they're injured.

You better believe Shanahan will take hard looks at lots of tape. One of my local friends is a major Sharks fan. He's never liked "Sandy Crybaby" for a number of reasons, one of which being that Sid has always backed down when challenged.

Some of these games remind me of the days with Link Gaetz, Tie Domi, Marty McSorley, Bob Probert, & Rob Ray.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:09 pm

Hearings for Asham and James Neal on Tuesday. So be it.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:17 pm

You know to be honest I feel that Daniel Tosh of the Tosh.Ohhhhhh fame said it best in his stand up bit about athletes and the violence:

"I think pro-athletes should be forced to use steroids. I think we as fans deserve the greatest athletes science can create! Lets go! Anything that will make you run faster, jump higher! I have High-Definition TV! I want my athletes like my video games! Lets go! I could care less if you die at 40. You hate life after sports anyways. I'm doing you a favor."

"We got athletes like Randy Moss and T.O. out there and people getting upset, you sit on your couch and say horrible things like: Hey buddy why dont you shut up and do your job, quit celebrating so much. Their job is to catch a ball! Its really not that serious. I dont care if he gets in the endzone and has a ten minute tea party. Just dont get mad at me though when youre paralyzed from the neck down being carted off the field cause some Free Safety took your head off and you see me in the stands going OHHHHH Hooooo ho YESSSS! Dance now ya overpayed clown! Huh? How does it feel to know God hates you. But dont worry, maybe V8 will sponsor a vegetable, yea I love Defense. You want points on the board move to Indianapolis and see what that gets ya, 3 points in the championship game and seven more months to explain your QB."

"And the NBA? Oh If I hear one more person say the NBA got a black eye when Ron Artest got in a fight.... The Detroit Pistons vs The Indiana Pacers - The Big Brawl. If you could promise me every NBA game would end like that I would be a season ticket holder in a heartbeat! Are you serious? Im gonna have to fight at the end of the game? Against players? Lets Go! Sounds Awesome! A cup of water hit Artest and he goes crazy. I dont like to do jokes about stereotypes but we all know most basketball players cant swim very well. Look all Im sayin is that water hit him, he panicked, thought he was drowning. What do ya do then? Ya head for higher ground and if a fat white kid gets in your way you knock his A$$ out. The fat kid grew up with a pool... Its a theory, probably wrong.

"My favorite new sport is poker. Oh I love it, poker - its a sport. What? Really? It was gambling three weeks ago. Oh now its a sport. 'Hey Dad why am I not going to college?' 'Well Im a crummy athlete, thats why. I had Pocket Rockets, needed Runner Runners, damnit that River Card F***ed me... Hey loan me 50 bucks kid.' Well if pokers a sport then put it in the Olympics and make it were you can only gamble what your country is worth. How great would that be, being American and up against Costa Rica who looks to be all in with 15 coconuts, Lol yea we are gonna call! Hasta Luego small blind, shouldnt have limped in."

I gotta say, I find it hard to disagree with his points he makes.... mostly cause Im laughin to hard haha

Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:35 pm

Former flyer Chris Therien says it best. Check this out. Play the clip at the bottom.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Wow! The Flyers just figured out another way to beat the Penguins, embarrass themselves worse than Pit did in game 3. This whole series has been some of the worst goal tending and defense I've ever seen. And, I'm posting this after the second period. I'm not watching the third. Rinaldo was out of line. He should be suspended with Asham.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:03 pm

Well Pens, it was fun while it lasted. Keep 'em in the fairway and get lots of birdies.

TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:29 pm

My two favorite teams are the Chicago Blackhawks and whoever plays the Detroit Red Wings. Chicago may not get through Phoenix though I'm happy as a clam Detroit has gone home.

How 'bout them Kings! Slammin' the Canucks. Adios Vancouver! I love it when a #8 seed takes down the top. One of the analysts was predicting a Canucks / Rangers cup (as if this were 1994 all over again). That guy didn't get it right.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Wed May 16, 2012 12:06 am

"The way the LA Kings are playing. The city of Los Angeles, may want to get a jump start on the logistics of the championship parade." -Max Bretos, retweeted by ESPN

The freakin' Kings are steamrolling their opposition. The Canucks won one game against them, the Blues didn't win any, and now the Kings have the Coyotes down two games, including a shutout tonight.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Wed May 16, 2012 12:19 am

Watching Sportscenter, saw the Kings goalie go all lumberjack on the other player...and then he doesnt get a penalty but the Coyote gets 2 min for embelishing?? Stupid.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

2012 NHL Playoffs Empty 2013 NHL Playoffs

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon May 06, 2013 12:10 am

Updating the title to reflect this years' playoffs.

Things got a bit feisty in Ottawa, "The teams combined for 236 penalty minutes and nine players were given a game misconduct." More here.

I'm watching the Sharks game and the commentators showed a screen capture of the benches in Ottawa after the game misconducts were doled out. There were about eight guys on each of the benches. Ah yes, this was game three so there are at least two games between these teams remaining. This series will be interesting.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Mon May 06, 2013 7:25 am

I had watched most of that game. The Sens are my 2nd favorite team so it was nice seeing them blow out the Canadians.

My Wild pulled one out against the Hawks so there's at least 2 more games in the series there as well. Sharks are dominating the Canucks
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  OLDFenderBender Mon May 06, 2013 9:23 am

That reminded me of the season game between the Flyers and Senators back in 2004, had about 5 people per team on each bench.

Detroit is my 2nd team, and they're looking flat.
OLDFenderBender
OLDFenderBender

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down