Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Testing, testing.....

5 posters

Go down

Testing, testing..... Empty Testing, testing.....

Post  TuxTshirt Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:49 am

I'm sure most of you already are testing, but I do want to stress that you guys should test most of the builds to see which suits your driving style. Also, some cars are better suited for certain type tracks, which is why I'm trying to include a good mix. For example, the BMW is a rocket. It also brakes very well, but it is slower in the corners than some other builds. Some can be tuned out, as I've tested using all default builds, but each car will have its own personality. Some of us have been testing together, so there will be opportunity to see what you have. I will work on a track day. Have fun!
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Testing, testing..... Empty Re: Testing, testing.....

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:07 am

Well, I've run a couple of these builds without any tunes so I'm gonna give my opinion based on my how they drove to me

RX-8: If you like slidin' all over the place and doin' donuts, this is your car

F430: Pretty good right out of the box

Corvette: Needs a little work but it's solid

Camaro: Might as well take out the steering wheel

IS-F: Has MPD

Again, this is just my opinion, and we all know I'm the slowest guy here (go figure) so it could very well just be me
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:42 pm

C4PT41N SL0W wrote:F430: Pretty good right out of the box

Ditto.

Viper: Very torquey! Great acceleration! Very fast! Slow turn in. Slightly tail happy (due to torque). 50/50 weight dist. Sub 2:00 laps at Catalunya all day long.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:21 pm

Heh heh heh. I'm up to no good.

I like tinkering so I found a way to replace the C6 G.S. with the C6 ZO6. The problem is, it involves "other-than-Turn10-intended" methods of customization. Relative to the C6 G.S., the altered ZO6 sits at S 681 with equal HP, more TQ, and less weight.

Now to get back on track-
Ferrari F430: I concur with the two above posts.
RUF: The car feels surprisingly well-behaved. I can push it pretty hard and the chassis isn't too upset about it.
Camaro: C4PT41N's evaluation is close. This car, while not as sensitive as the RX-8, does require your complete attention. It's a race car and as such your brain should be processing what's to come, not reacting to the present. Stay ahead of the car's curve and you'll tame this French companion.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Well, after doing quite a few tests with Tux and on my own here's my opinion on a few cars:

F430: Very stable, seems to understeer on factory settings, not terribly easy to upset, very solid car.
Ruf: Extremely stable, even running with no traction control I was entirely unable to upset the car when we ran at 'ring GP.
RX8: Twitchy. Like Avanti said, it's a race car, it requires very gentle input on the throttle.
Mustang: Stable, I actually found this car to be a blast to drive, and I really thought about doing this versus the Aston, wonderful sound.
Aston: Stable, likes to understeer quite a bit at first, does require some tuning for my style of driving to (in my mind) turn properly.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down